List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2019/20 Part 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirby

This man is confused
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
How's the media going with this "the new Buddy Franklin" BS about this Ugle Hagan kid?

Franklin is a once in a generation freak and there's just no way this kid will be as good. It's like when Leigh Matthews rubbished the comparisons of Sav Rocca to Tony Lockett in Sav's early days. It seems extremely unlikely!

Pragmatic Shill

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s ok Dave not everyone can be perfect like some.
Dude, it's really not necessary for you to be a sycophant and make veiled remarks indirectly towards others, such as myself. For someone who has previously pulled others up for "playing the man" that wasn't really a comment you needed to make.

I wasn't attacking Dave for "not being perfect." It was instead just pointing out that the linked tweet and article directly contradicted the claim Dave made. Not sure what your ongoing issue with me is but believe it or not, not every comment I make is an attack.

partypie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
I don't know how much it'll matter, but apparently it is Essendon's future third that we have, not Brisbane's.

Both teams could go up or down a bit next year imo, not sure which I'd prefer. Death riding the Bombers will be good though, even if it's only to a third round degree...

Saints and Bombers 16th and 17th next year would be nice (Carlton 18th of course)
That news makes the pick swap potentially a much better deal for us - I'm confident that Brisbane will still finish above Essendon with their 11 home games and flat out better list (I've got Brisbane finishing in the 4-6 bracket) and Essendon not making the top 8.

There's definite potential for the season to go down the toilet across all levels at Essendon if they have another slow start in 2019 - having two teams we can comfortably wish ill to from a strategic perspective (over and above the normal rivalries) will add a little more spice to the season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
How's the media going with this "the new Buddy Franklin" BS about this Ugle Hagan kid?

Franklin is a once in a generation freak and there's just no way this kid will be as good. It's like when Leigh Matthews rubbished the comparisons of Sav Rocca to Tony Lockett in Sav's early days. It seems extremely unlikely!
I agree overall it’s click bait garbage, but given he’ll be retiring soonish doesn’t that indicate it’s about time for the next generation 🤔

Wonder which club they were referring to relocating players? Isn’t there also rules around how long they need to live in the zone to be eligible?

Nuwanda

All Australian
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Report my post if it is uncalled for.

I will always defend Dave here whether you or Mike like it or not.
There was nothing to defend. The guy just replied to the article Dave posted like “this article literally says the opposite” of Dave’s interpretation.

You obviously took it as an opportunity yourself to get stuck into another member. Most likely because he probably didn’t agree with one of your opinions in the past.

Pragmatic Shill

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was nothing to defend. The guy just replied to the article Dave posted like “this article literally says the opposite” of Dave’s interpretation.

You obviously took it as an opportunity yourself to get stuck into another member. Most likely because he probably didn’t agree with one of your opinions in the past.
In fairness, I was a dick to Dave when I first got here because I wasn't fully aware of the situation (a circumstance I have since apologised to Dave profusely for). However, I think CFC acts sometimes like every instance of someone correcting or disagreeing with Dave is bullying or a personal attack.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wonder if there is any chance we can package 35 and 48 for a mid 20’s pick and then package that pick and next year’s first to GC for pick 15.

Gives GC 11 and our first to pay with next year

partypie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers

Technically speaking we are at the start of the next generation - Buddy's "generation" in football terms is pretty much over now by any measure you care to use (and he will be gone by the time this kid really starts making a real impact in his early 20's), so I don't put much stock into the viewpoint that there can't be another "generational talent" coming through because Buddy already has that mantle well and truly locked up for this generation.

Who knows what the kid will be - if he has the professionalism to succeed at AFL level then he apparently possesses the tools to be a good footballer by AFL standards in his own right.

Whether he ends up being a "generational talent" depends on how much further he is willing to push himself (both physically and mentally) beyond being a good footballer at AFL level.

Top Bottom