List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do find it odd that when Kurt Tippet retired Sydney had to keep his wage in the salary cap yet Rance retires and Richmond get the space in the cap freed up
Tippett was a free agent.
sideswipe can fill you in if you like.

Tippett was a free agent.
sideswipe can fill you in if you like.
Sorry Anzacday I don't think Tippett was a free agent. Seedsfan the Tippett and Rance situations are completely different. Tippett couldn't play on and came to an agreement with the club regarding a retirement payout when he had about three years to run on a contract. However, due to salary cap pressure, the Swans had to spread his payment out over an extra season. That's why they re-drafted him. Items like retirement payouts to players go to the cap in the last year the player is on the list, hence the re-draft.

Rance is completely different. As I understand, he is still on their list but they would have only been obligated to pay him the minimum for this footy year - $110k - which they were probably already at by the time he retired. The rest of whatever Rance was contracted on that he reportedly gave up, is the extra the Tigers have to play with. Whilst he is still on the list now (and am guessing they keep him on in case there is a change of heart even if it is until October), with AFL signoff, they could alternatively de-list him and free up a spot.

Key thing to note that in both situations, what was paid to the players goes to the cap. No unfairness.

Sorry Anzacday I don't think Tippett was a free agent. Seedsfan the Tippett and Rance situations are completely different. Tippett couldn't play on and came to an agreement with the club regarding a retirement payout when he had about three years to run on a contract. However, due to salary cap pressure, the Swans had to spread his payment out over an extra season. That's why they re-drafted him. Items like retirement payouts to players go to the cap in the last year the player is on the list, hence the re-draft.

Rance is completely different. As I understand, he is still on their list but they would have only been obligated to pay him the minimum for this footy year - $110k - which they were probably already at by the time he retired. The rest of whatever Rance was contracted on that he reportedly gave up, is the extra the Tigers have to play with. Whilst he is still on the list now (and am guessing they keep him on in case there is a change of heart even if it is until October), with AFL signoff, they could alternatively de-list him and free up a spot.

Key thing to note that in both situations, what was paid to the players goes to the cap. No unfairness.
Look I am fine with it as long as we get out of Beams and Langdon’s contracts if they retire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic Metro vs. QLD
Collingwood Next-Generation Academy midfielder Reef McInnes impressed for Vic Metro. McInnes won the ball through the midfield, looked capable in defence and when pushing forward as a marking option. He demonstrated composure with ball in hand, agility, quick and clean hands, won the contested ball and was clean taking it off the bounce.

The 191cm ball-winner managed 24 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 10 tackles and six clearances.
Pendles successor.

I really hope we positioned ourselves to get the deals done with Moore, De Goey and Grundy with the expectation that Beams and Langdon (if his knee issue is as bad as appears) would be in the cap too. It would mean we have opportunities to chase someone in trade. We still have a desperate need for a key forward.

One thing for sure. If we have a bad season like miss the eight, get ready for a mass exodus of veterans & fringe players & $$$$$$ cap space

Under the gun

Reid
Mayne
Varcoe
Dunn
Greenwood
Broomhead
Beams
Thomas
Scharenberg
Madgen
Appleby
Wills
Sier
Cox

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if we have a good season we still wont see a lot of them next year.

If the likes of Sier, Wills & T.Brown don’t step up this year, I would like us to
chase Jackson Hately.

190cm, Big bodied midfielder. He will struggle to get an opportunity with the depth of GWS midfield.

He could be the ideal replacement for Pendles while we wait for Reef to develop.

If the likes of Sier, Wills & T.Brown don’t step up this year, I would like us to
chase Jackson Hately.

190cm, Big bodied midfielder. He will struggle to get an opportunity with the depth of GWS midfield.

He could be the ideal replacement for Pendles while we wait for Reef to develop.

I don’t think we need any more big bodied mids.

Wills clearly stepped up last year. His upside from here may be limited but even if he manages to continue the form from last season he’ll be an asset.

Sier by all accounts is having a solid offseason. His glimpse of quality shown in 2018 is enough for us to persist as long as the attitude remains good. Injury as well as alleged poor attitude ruined his 2019 but he’s too good a talent not to persist with.

Brown has time on his side and has shown steady improvement in the VFL.

Wills clearly stepped up last year. His upside from here may be limited but even if he manages to continue the form from last season he’ll be an asset.

Sier by all accounts is having a solid offseason. His glimpse of quality shown in 2018 is enough for us to persist as long as the attitude remains good. Injury as well as alleged poor attitude ruined his 2019 but he’s too good a talent not to persist with.

We have an Academy kid (Next Gen) coming this year who is a big bodied mid

Too many ifs and buts with Sier/Wills/Brown.

Wills is one-dimensional.

Sier just got concussed.

Brown is too small atm to play a contested role at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back