List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit, I was surprised as I didn't think he would have any currency. My friend is a huge fan and was devastated when he said it, but at least its better than being delisted.
What clubs could possibly be interested? carlton? dees?
University?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
His old man has been in hospital too. Definitely wouldn’t be moving.

Not sure why we’re even discussing him Soups.

Great club man about to go overseas with De Goey.

I am happy to give him another year even though I believe he isn’t AFL worthy.

Would it be better getting a Kid that MIGHT be a AFL Player

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would it be better getting a Kid that MIGHT be a AFL Player

I would Dave but Crocker seems like a really good influence on our team.

One more year wouldn’t hurt........especially after we have carried the druggies recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jack Martin would probably play a similar role to WHE I would've thought. If there's another club chasing him, I doubt it's us. He'd be far too expensive.

Surprised Essendon aren't going hard for him (unless they are?)
Dodoro was keen on him last year before they found out Shiel chose them and then it became impossible to do an acceptable trade, but with Daniher and likely Fantasia leaving (which would have been unexpected at the start of the year) they could end up being able to get it done.

He's not, but no it's not. Broomhead was uncontracted last year and we did it. Oxley the same situation the year before.
Oxley was contracted and the only reason we moved Broomhead was to create an extra list spot which meant we could take extra academy points into the draft. No reason to do it this year.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oxley was contracted and the only reason we moved Broomhead was to create an extra list spot which meant we could take extra academy points into the draft. No reason to do it this year.
Not sure how you figure that - picks for spare list spots are given at the arse end of the draft that don't have points attached.

Not sure how you figure that - picks for spare list spots are given at the arse end of the draft that don't have points attached.
You can take as many picks into the draft as you have list spots. We created a couple of fake list spots by temporarily delisting Murray and Broomhead. Bringing us to 5 primary list vacancies, but we were never going to draft more than 3. We then did pick swaps to maximise our points. Fake list spots enable you to increase points because you trade a higher pick for two lower picks which carry points.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

If he’s not up to it rip the bandaid off. You can’t carry players because they’re good blokes. Clubs are dumb though and often see something in players that just isn’t there so I think he’ll get a second chance.

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
If he’s not up to it rip the bandaid off.
You can’t carry players because they’re good blokes.
Clubs are dumb though and often see something in players that just isn’t there so I think he’ll get a second chance.
Like.
Like.
Don't like.
So, to summarise, sigh...

upnsmoke

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Both Geelong and Hawks are known to not muck around like other teams during Trade Period.
Both are very successful too.

I think Bucks and the management need to focus on players that are all for the team types... Rather than the Superstar divas. Fortunately Pies have a good culture.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he’s not up to it rip the bandaid off. You can’t carry players because they’re good blokes. Clubs are dumb though and often see something in players that just isn’t there so I think he’ll get a second chance.
I agree it's a cut throat industry but I'm all for the club looking to make sure Crocker lands on his feet given his family situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back