List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pies updates on Aish, Scharenberg, Wills and Phillips
Unless you have been living under a rock, you would be aware Collingwood has been doing plenty of work to reposition their salary cap so they can retain talent and remain contenders.

However apart from James Aish's likely departure to Fremantle, there has been little movement from other players with Matt Scharenberg set to remain a Magpie in 2020 as is Rupert Wills, who attracted some tentative interest from other clubs while he pondered a contract offer from Collingwood.

Tom Phillips did not want to depart the Magpies however he would have had plenty of clubs open to him walking through their door if he had indicated a willingness to get to another club. We also know Essendon asked the question about Mason Cox and Gold Coast also enquired about Adam Treloar. Sam Murray will also be at another club next season. He is more likely to become available as a delisted free agent than be traded later this afternoon.

- The Age.

What happened to us getting back in the first round of the draft as mentioned by Guy in his one and only appearance this trade appearance?

Technically we can still trade draft picks up to and even during the draft night itself.

However, with no players willing to want to leave...this was a pipe dream that we could move players out to improve our draft hand during this exchange period.

What happened to us getting back in the first round of the draft as mentioned by Guy in his one and only appearance this trade appearance?

Guess NO Team would trade with us to make it happen

Now we have the Problem with the Midfield

Midfielders can be groomed to play alternate roles without unduly impacting structures whereas KPP and ruck types have certain limitations.

Pies updates on Aish, Scharenberg, Wills and Phillips
Unless you have been living under a rock, you would be aware Collingwood has been doing plenty of work to reposition their salary cap so they can retain talent and remain contenders.

However apart from James Aish's likely departure to Fremantle, there has been little movement from other players with Matt Scharenberg set to remain a Magpie in 2020 as is Rupert Wills, who attracted some tentative interest from other clubs while he pondered a contract offer from Collingwood.

Tom Phillips did not want to depart the Magpies however he would have had plenty of clubs open to him walking through their door if he had indicated a willingness to get to another club. We also know Essendon asked the question about Mason Cox and Gold Coast also enquired about Adam Treloar. Sam Murray will also be at another club next season. He is more likely to become available as a delisted free agent than be traded later this afternoon.

- The Age.

So basically we haven't been able to solve any of our list issues this trade period, a Key forward and midfield pace. Yet we hold onto players who will play spasmodically, if at all during the year, eg. Wills, Scharenberg, Appleby...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always though that was a long shot -- would hav etc give up multiple players or a player and a draft pick. Options would have been Sier, Sharenbeg, Phillips, Cox --- but who else could have gone? I suppose there was the "get on the front foot approach" and trade Grundy to Adelaide this year, make sure the keep Moore and De Goey and have Cox become number 1 ruck. Not going to happen but it was one path.

So basically we haven't been able to solve any of our list issues this trade period, a Key forward and midfield pace. Yet we hold onto players who will play spasmodically, if at all during the year, eg. Wills, Scharenberg, Appleby...

Still a chance we trade Sharenberg isn't there?

But I would definitely have shopped Wills -- at least for his own good. Like, how is he going to get a spot in our midfield>?! The Suns need him bad. Even Carlton and Essendon too.

Quaynor and Noble add a bit of pace.

But I do reacting Jenkins would have been a good pickup for us.

I always though that was a long shot -- would hav etc give up multiple players or a player and a draft pick. Options would have been Sier, Sharenbeg, Phillips, Cox --- but who else could have gone? I suppose there was the "get on the front foot approach" and trade Grundy to Adelaide this year, make sure the keep Moore and De Goey and have Cox become number 1 ruck. Not going to happen but it was one path.
It's realistic if we're willing to trade our future first. Which may be on the cards due to possible academy kid next year. Draft pick trades can still happen right upto and within the actual draft. If we want to trade up to target a particular kid that we think will still be available, it might be better to line it up and then wait and see if he's still available on draft night.

WHAT A JOKE

I frankly admit to loving Neil Balme. There he is in that picture, with backpack slung across his shoulder as always, filled with a food supply to ensure he never goes hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back