List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Keath ends up the Bulldogs alongside the other players who have already departed I'm surprised Adelaide aren't interested in Scharenberg for what would be a very reasonable trade price I'd suspect.

Nobody in their right mind wants to go there at the moment.

Adelaide is a sinking (sunk?) skip right now and half the playing list wants out.

I know it’s way too late, but WHE was one player I would have considered trading. His finals performances have been poor and we have that end of the field well stocked.

Obviously too later but so,eth8mg to reflect on when the trade period is assessed.

Trade radio - "Collingwood wanting a bit too much, Freo feel they're doing us a favour by getting his salary out of the cap".

Seems our club is the one who's more accurate. Are the dockers forgetting Aish comes out of contract next year therefore we have his 2020 wage accounted for inside the cap and can move him in 12 months if there's nothing left.

Eagles, Dogs, Tigers, Giants top 4....

I think we are in a holding pattern, we may get back Beams and Langdon. Quaynor l expect to play majority games next year. Battle between Cox and Cameron for the second tall, probably Cox, not with much confidence l say that. Besides that not sure what else will make us better, maybe a Murphy or a T Brown, but they are big IF's. So I see us around the 6th to 8th mark next year, but l will still have mine and my sons memberships rolled over and hope for that premiership in 2020.
Don’t see the hype for the Dogs. Don’t see them finishing top 4, I see them in the same range they were last year. Bruce isn’t going to massively change their fortunes. They were an extremely average side for a majority of the year, a hot run of form saved their asses. Got smashed in their only final, against a team who limped home against the Lions/Pies/Tigers.

I use the word ‘hot’ lightly... Everyone is blinded by that ‘hot’ run of form that included - Smashing a poor Essendon side, Smashing Adelaide @home (in rd 23) who were as broken as a side could possibly be, smashing injury riddled GWS (we know what happened in the reverse game, when it actually mattered), A loss to Brisbane, Smashing a poor Freo side, a loss to St Kilda, and Narrow wins v Melbourne, port and a Geelong side who were not the same team post-bye in the H&A. It was overblown, and they still carry a few too many passengers in their side for me to be actual contenders. They’re a few years off still.

Retirements of Reid Greenwood Varcoe Mayne Roughead, payouts to Pendlebury and Sidebottom and maybe even Howe for a start. Beans to retire the year after ( if not before) Clearing out aish this year also sets that scene,

But we digress.

Dont think Mayne, Roughead and Greenwood are disappearing just yet.

Trade radio - "Collingwood wanting a bit too much, Freo feel they're doing us a favour by getting his salary out of the cap".

Seems our club is the one who's more accurate. Are the dockers forgetting Aish comes out of contract next year therefore we have his 2020 wage accounted for inside the cap and can move him in 12 months if there's nothing left.
Peter Bell seems to have been turned into a turd.

Absolutely this. The pressure is about next year, not this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retirements of Reid Greenwood Varcoe Mayne Roughead, payouts to Pendlebury and Sidebottom and maybe even Howe for a start. Beans to retire the year after ( if not before) Clearing out aish this year also sets that scene,

But we digress.
I doubt that Roughead will be retiring next year.
Why are we paying out those three, do you want us back with the Gold Coast

Don’t see the hype for the Dogs. Don’t see them finishing top 4, I see them in the same range they were last year. Bruce isn’t going to massively change their fortunes. They were an extremely average side for a majority of the year, a hot run of form saved their asses. Got smashed in their only final, against a team who limped home against the Lions/Pies/Tigers.

I use the word ‘hot’ lightly... Everyone is blinded by that ‘hot’ run of form that included - Smashing a poor Essendon side, Smashing Adelaide @home (in rd 23) who were as broken as a side could possibly be, smashing injury riddled GWS (we know what happened in the reverse game, when it actually mattered), A loss to Brisbane, Smashing a poor Freo side, a loss to St Kilda, and Narrow wins v Melbourne, port and a Geelong side who were not the same team post-bye in the H&A. It was overblown, and they still carry a few too many passengers in their side for me to be actual contenders. They’re a few years off still.

I just have a feeling about the Dogs that their mojo or gamestyle clicked in the last half of the year, and at times looked unbeatable. I think they can carry that into 2020, and Bruce relieves the pressure of Naughton, as that main marking target, so l think Naughton will be even better next year. If they get Keath, that's super important to them, to solve their key back issue. Their midfield is close to best in the comp, and enough supply to that forward line, they will rip sides apart, l think.

Stephenson isn't A grade. C+ to B- at this stage.
He’s right up there, already a B + projecting to A.
The guy is an absolute jet.

The difference he’s brought to the team is no coincidence.

Maybe they believe the media, where it is not the case at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back