List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t we pay 2 x 2nd Round picks for him?
Then we sell him low (effectively exchanging a 3rd for a 2nd.
Good get by Freo.
FMD I don't know how often it has to be repeated but . . .

Here we go again . . .

Recruiting and development is an ART and NOT a science. There are too many intangibles and factors out of the clubs control.

Firstly identify areas that need improvement and recruit to remedy that - preferably with a number of candidate recruits.

Secondly develop those recruit candidates to remedy the list needs.

The intangibles are myriad and no recruitment team can be held responsible for them or the outcome.

The bottom line is . . .

2018 come within a kick of a flag with a team that had a second string backline.

2019 come within a kick of a GF position with a likewise decimated team.

No matter how much the usual suspects try to spin it THE FACTS are that the recruitment, development and coaching teams did their jobs better than all but 3 clubs in the league over 2 consecutive years.

And anyone claiming otherwise has a demonstrated agenda.

the people complaining about losing Aish are the same people who would bash the club if we kept Aish and couldn't afford 1 of Grundy, De Goey, Moore.

Sacrifices have to be made and are made at every club, Richmond lost a lot of players last year to fir in Lynch, one was Sam Lloyd who won the dogs goal kicking!

Far out if i didnt know any better i would of thought Aish was Andrew Mcleod, seriously he is a fringe player in my opinion, had his good moments but hardly a gun.

I thank Aish for his services at the club and he tried his heart out and will always respect him but come on this is football. The club always gets bashed on here for not having the balls to make hard calls, well here is one.

Then why Could we get rid of Cox then as he be way overpaid at 500k-600k. Could Sacrifice him and get even more Cap Room Then

Dodoro he’s one strange weird guy

Collingwood our cap is so tight we can’t do anything and have to shed players

Also Collingwood we will give Ben Reid another year despite his inability to play for than 5 games a year

Just because he Reid is a Good Bloke

FMD I don't know how often it has to be repeated but . . .

Here we go again . . .

Recruiting and development is an ART and NOT a science. There are too many intangibles and factors out of the clubs control.

Firstly identify areas that need improvement and recruit to remedy that - preferably with a number of candidate recruits.

Secondly develop those recruit candidates to remedy the list needs.

The intangibles are myriad and no recruitment team can be held responsible for them or the outcome.

The bottom line is . . .

2018 come within a kick of a flag with a team that had a second string backline.

2019 come within a kick of a GF position with a likewise decimated team.

No matter how much the usual suspects try to spin it THE FACTS are that the recruitment, development and coaching teams did their jobs better than all but 3 clubs in the league over 2 consecutive years.

And anyone claiming otherwise has a demonstrated agenda.
I think we have over performed the past 2 Seasons.
2018 was a surprise that we made top 4 & made the GF.
2019 we were ordinary for a good chunk of the year, yet somehow made TOP 4 again (with Hawthorn assistance).
North took us to the cleaners.
Hawks beat us.
We were lucky against Essendon, WC & Dogs.
Tigers beat us easily, so did GWS.
We are a 5-12 side (ladder position).

Collingwood our cap is so tight we can’t do anything and have to shed players

Also Collingwood we will give Ben Reid another year despite his inability to play for than 5 games a year

you really need a dose of happy pills.
Since Seedsman moved to Adelaide you have just not been yourself have you?

Aish clearly wasn't "best 22" in the club's view, as he wasn't selected when available for the semi final against GWS.
The GWS game was the prelim, and Aish played. You’re thinking of Scharenberg.

2019 we were ordinary for a good chunk of the year, yet somehow made TOP 4 again (with Hawthorn assistance).
Hawks beat us.
Moronic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be able to still trade next year's first given that we technically used a 1st rounder on IQ last year (and will likely match a 1st round bid on Reef next year).

10 would be tasty, but 15 is also pretty solid. Any ideas who we might look at?

Not sure who we might be looking at but there was a rumour we had a target in mind who we were trying to get further up the draft board to have a crack at.

My query about trading our future first was because I thought there was a rule that you can’t trade your future first if you have already traded future picks past the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawks beat us.
That's what the nuffies said in '18 and '19 - are you trying for a trifecter of fails?

Just don’t see sense in investing cap space in Reid if the cap is as tight as it is. No way he is on less than 400 a year but it’s money we could of freed up
He’s on far less than people would think.

Hawks beat us.

So far off the mark.

We have been completely decimated by injuries and suspensions in both of those years, yet still make top 4 both times (both before and after finals, both times).

We are quite obviously in the best 4 teams.

Then why Could we get rid of Cox then as he be way overpaid at 500k-600k. Could Sacrifice him and get even more Cap Room Then
Dave. Seriously. Which club was interested in getting Cox, apart from Essendon for about 2 minutes? You’re asking why we couldn’t get rid of Cox when you know the answer already, which is that nobody was interested in him.

Hawks beat us.
I’ve never understood the over perform thing.

if We are going down the road of all the things we didn’t do well, or were lucky about....

We should add, we beat Richmond conclusively.

We beat West Coast on their home deck.

We gave Geelong a touch up in a final.

We trounced Brisbane.

All that said, we finished with Geelong just short. There’s plenty to work with.

I’d think there is 13, 14 teams that could make the finals next season, and from there, a strong September, and the flag could belong to anyone.

Not sure who we might be looking at but there was a rumour we had a target in mind who we were trying to get further up the draft board to have a crack at.

My query about trading our future first was because I thought there was a rule that you can’t trade your future first if you have already traded future picks past the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pretty sure you only can’t trade your future first if you’ve traded your future second, and vice versa. 3rd round picks onwards have no effect.

Just don’t see sense in investing cap space in Reid if the cap is as tight as it is. No way he is on less than 400 a year but it’s money we could of freed up
Anyone else you invest in is years and dollars, this is a holding pattern for 12 months to lock away the big 3, and he aint on 400K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back