List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge OOC list next year. Odds are we're looking at three senior listed retirements with Reid, Greenwood and Varcoe. But there's plenty more out of contract. What are the odds we have such a massive exodus that we give Madgen a promotion to the senior list just so we can fill a spot?

Would not Rule it out with the Big 3 Re-Signing there be a few that get Squeezed Out

Huge OOC list next year. Odds are we're looking at three senior listed retirements with Reid, Greenwood and Varcoe. But there's plenty more out of contract. What are the odds we have such a massive exodus that we give Madgen a promotion to the senior list just so we can fill a spot?

There would be a few to pick from:

Dunn (if he's rookied)
Reid
Varcoe
Mayne
Scharenberg
Greenwood
Wills
Broomhead
Lynch
Bosenavulagi
Appleby
Tohill
Madgen

Last edited:
There would be a few to pick from:

Dunn (if he's rookied)
Reid
Varcoe
Scharenberg
Greenwood
Wills
Broomhead
Lynch
Bosenavulagi
Appleby
Tohill
Madgen

Add Keane, Mayne, Roughead, Cox, Mihocek, Daicos, the Browns and Murphy to that list.

Keane could obviously be kept for a year longer as a Cat B though.

Last edited:

Trading our future second round pick for pick 48 and future third ok but doesn't get us up the draft order.
I thought we would trade for higher pick this draft ie instead of pick 35 we would trade to be in second round not fourth or future third.

Sorry i'm scratching my head.

Obviously this means we'll use pick 48, so that gives us 4 live picks? Does this mean we need to make another list change at some point?
Our senior list is locked in. I imagine the pick in the 70s disappears if we go with what we have to the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we package 35 and 48 in another trade.

Trading our future second round pick for pick 48 and future third ok but doesn't get us up the draft order.
I thought we would trade for higher pick this draft ie instead of pick 35 we would trade to be in second round not fourth or future third.

Sorry i'm scratching my head.

Who’s to say we won’t now try and package 35 and 48 together to get something higher.

Pick 35 = 522 points
Pick 48 = 302 points

That’s 824 points which is equivalent to about pick 23. North have 3 picks in that range 26,27 and 30. Maybe they could flick us one of them if a target of ours is still on the board there??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our senior list is locked in. I imagine the pick in the 70s disappears if we go with what we have to the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we package 35 and 48 in another trade.

A likely scenario I think. Good call.

Because you can't play Russian roulette with a top 3 draft pick, you simply have to take the best available option. GWS are just 1/17 other teams, it's not worth the risk of weakening yourself just to maybe weaken 1/17th of your competition

That's one view and it's a valid one but if you're Melbourne and backing yourself to return to the top rungs of the ladder next season with aspirations of winning a Premiership in the near future do you really want to hand one of your strongest competitors for that flag the ability to land 2 top 5 talents in this years draft?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s to say we won’t now try and package 35 and 48 together to get something higher.

Pick 35 = 522 points
Pick 48 = 302 points

That’s 824 points which is equivalent to about pick 23. North have 3 picks in that range 26,27 and 30. Maybe they could flick us one of them if a target of ours is still on the board there??

I don't believe North are in need of points this draft and will most likely be looking to move up the draft order themselves so I don't see any benefit of picks 35 and 48 alone for them.

A future selection will likely be required in any trade if dealing with them.

I don't believe North are in need of points this draft and will most likely be looking to move up the draft order themselves so I don't see any benefit of picks 35 and 48 alone for them.

A future selection will likely be required in any trade if dealing with them.

Taking into account the academy and FS bids GC’s pick 20 will eventually sit around 23 and they don’t have another pick until 78 so if they want to stagger things a bit they might be the ones. Ultimately it’ll all depend on list space. As it stands we’ll 100% be making a further trade to either downgrade at the back end (74 and 62 for something or 74 for a future 4th) or upgrade at the top end.

But who would Drop to those Picks and How High would we get?

Obviously this means we'll use pick 48, so that gives us 4 live picks? Does this mean we need to make another list change at some point?
Maybe Hine has his eye on 2 top 50 players and we'll pass on our last pick.

"Basically, we have brought in another pick to work with this year but not at any significant cost to our draft position next year given we have a future second from St Kilda in 2020," Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said.

Maybe Hine has his eye on 2 top 50 players and we'll pass on our last pick.

"Basically, we have brought in another pick to work with this year but not at any significant cost to our draft position next year given we have a future second from St Kilda in 2020," Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said.

Though you had to make 3 Pick at Minimum?

Though you had to make 3 Pick at Minimum?

Rookie upgrades are included in that Dave so we only have to make 2 picks with Lynch already being upgraded.

Rookie upgrades are included in that Dave so we only have to make 2 picks with Lynch already being upgraded.
I just checked. Accounting for Lynch being on the senior list, we currently have 35 players listed as seniors. We need three more to make the minimum of 38, and 1 more Cat A (likely Dunn) for the maximum of 6.

AFL clubs are keen to trade selections out of 2020, with next year’s draft crop appearing to be thinner and highly compromised due to the array of father-son and academy selections across the 18 clubs.

I’d rather have a pick this year, as I don’t think it’s anywhere near as strong next year,” player manager Liam Pickering explained on SEN SA.

Taking into account the academy and FS bids GC’s pick 20 will eventually sit around 23 and they don’t have another pick until 78 so if they want to stagger things a bit they might be the ones. Ultimately it’ll all depend on list space. As it stands we’ll 100% be making a further trade to either downgrade at the back end (74 and 62 for something or 74 for a future 4th) or upgrade at the top end.

Yeah I like the sound of that Suns pick. Let’s get it done; Ned and Dekka.

I initially thought we could target that pick (likely to be the first pick of Draft night 2) with our future first but I like using 35 and 48 a lot better. If we can land that pick and keep the future first happy days.

AFL clubs are keen to trade selections out of 2020, with next year’s draft crop appearing to be thinner and highly compromised due to the array of father-son and academy selections across the 18 clubs.

I’d rather have a pick this year, as I don’t think it’s anywhere near as strong next year,” player manager Liam Pickering explained on SEN SA.
That'd suggest we did pretty well on that trade. Didn't seem to pay overs, even though we shifted a pick form the weaker into the stronger draft. Nice work Ned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back