List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll go after a key forward at the end of the year? Out of contract at seasons end are Jeremy Cameron, Ben Brown and Brennan Cox. In terms of potential salary relief we have Dayne Beams, Tom Langdon (depending on injury) and Mason Cox (If we're going after a key forward...). There's a bit to play with there if we can convince the players to come.

I wonder if we'll go after a key forward at the end of the year? Out of contract at seasons end are Jeremy Cameron, Ben Brown and Brennan Cox. In terms of potential salary relief we have Dayne Beams, Tom Langdon (depending on injury) and Mason Cox (If we're going after a key forward...). There's a bit to play with there if we can convince the players to come.
Cameron and Brown are near certainties to be re-signed. Cox... Eh. Hasn't shown much. He's also from SA so would he have much desire to come to Vic?

Cameron and Brown are near certainties to be re-signed. Cox... Eh. Hasn't shown much. He's also from SA so would he have much desire to come to Vic?

"If we convince the players to come..."

It's a hypothetical.

I guess you're in the we're not/shouldn't chase a key forward camp?

"If we convince the players to come..."

It's a hypothetical.

I guess you're in the we're not/shouldn't chase a key forward camp?
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Of course we as should. I'm just saying that all the public words regarding Cameron and Brown are that they're going to re-sign.

I think we need to bolster our KPP stocks but who and how hard we chase them could largely depend on the type of seasons guys like Kelly, Wilson and Keane have, and whether Cameron can deliver. I think we've got more hope chasing a guy like Cox who's had those 3-4 years in the system but isn't getting too much senior opportunity. The Hogan situation might change all that for Cox this year but teams like the Bears have a cluster of them.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Of course we as should. I'm just saying that all the public words regarding Cameron and Brown are that they're going to re-sign.

What would you do to address the need for a quality KPF on the list?

Persist with Kelly and hope Tohill shows signs this year. Assess after the season. I'm just saying Cameron and Brown are basically off-limits and I don't rate Brennan Cox. That's all. Maybe there's someone else out there.

I agree with Brown and Cox, North are pretty loaded cash wise and have no other KPF of Browns quality so he's staying and Cox has shown glimpses but no more than Mason or Mihocek that we already have.

While I do mostly agree with you re Cameron, part of me just says that at some point someone has to fall out at GWS, they just have so many jets that would be demanding serious coin. While I don't necessarily think it will be Cameron, you'd have to at least be asking the question on whether GWS can match or provide what he is seeking in terms of contract.

What would you do to address the need for a quality KPF on the list?

It’s an impossible question to answer because the work should have been done 18 months ago, but if you want one name, Mitch Lewis.

Any realistic heavy lifting now will be in a guy that won’t be ready until the core of our group (Howe, Pendles, Roughead and Steele) is finished or getting close to the end (Elliott, WHE, Adams, Treloar, Mihocek and Crisp). We can also forget futile bids for Cameron it Brown unless we’re prepared to lose JDG.

The best solution I have if it’s deemed a list need post 2020 is to move on Cox and B Reid and try to get ahead of a bid on McInnes. With Wilson and Kelly at VFL level I’m pretty confident in our current stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Sunday night Oakleigh and Tassy played a practice match in a closed session at Oakleigh with some scouts in attendance. And the scout who I get information from was left gobsmacked from Reef McInnes’ performance. He had 27 and kicked 4 goals from the midfield and CHF. He thinks he’s a better prospect than Will Phillips and Macrae. And better than Noah Anderson last year. Thinks he’s a certainty to have a top 5 bid on him. He has also apparently grown to 193cms now in that Bont/Cripps mould. He said he was taking some big grabs.

Would like to see how physical Reef is. Our mids are mostly soft; can win a hard ball but I wouldn't say any besides Adams really throw themselves around and hurt the opposition. If he can be as tough as Cripps or Oliver, then we could be sitting on gold.
I watched every single game he played last year for Oakleigh. He well and truly can win the hard contested footy. Loves to tackle to hurt as well.

On Sunday night Oakleigh and Tassy played a practice match in a closed session at Oakleigh with some scouts in attendance. And the scout who I get information from was left gobsmacked from Reef McInnes’ performance. He had 27 and kicked 4 goals from the midfield and CHF. He thinks he’s a better prospect than Will Phillips and Macrae. And better than Noah Anderson last year. Thinks he’s a certainty to have a top 5 bid on him. He has also apparently grown to 193cms now in that Bont/Cripps mould. He said he was taking some big grabs.
200.gif

Awesome info thx for that. I don’t suppose your mate has any info on Youseph Dib?

or What happening with Nick Daicos this season
We already know that Daicos is a jet. I’m more interested to see if we can get two freebies in the one draft.

If they change the rules on NGA before the draft I've had it.
They’ve already confirmed that the rules will not be changed this year. Bad luck if the clubs who haven’t benefited yet kick up a stink and the rules are changed for 2021, we’ve done well already and they’re only hurting themselves if they complain because they miss out on the future potential players. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

They’ve already confirmed that the rules will not be changed this year. Bad luck if the clubs who haven’t benefited yet kick up a stink and the rules are changed for 2021, we’ve done well already and they’re only hurting themselves if they complain because they miss out on the future potential players. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Shows they only thinking of Now and not Later.

Yes they might not had anyone yet but what Happens IF a Very Promising Prospect comes along that they would of had 1st Crack at but with the Rules taken away they go into the Open Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back