List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it on the SEN. It just seemed too good to be true seeing what you quoted
Yeah, thought that was the case. I wouldn't have believed such hyped up comments either if I hadn't heard them myself.

Just get a F...ing forward....and a REAL one. Cox isn't up to it and cannot rely on small/medium ones week in and week out like Mihocek, Stephenson, Elliot etc.
These guys are there to compliment a real forward.
Stop looking for a quick fix, and just get a key forward.

Just get a F...ing forward....and a REAL one. Cox isn't up to it and cannot rely on small/medium ones week in and week out like Mihocek, Stephenson, Elliot etc.
These guys are there to compliment a real forward.
Stop looking for a quick fix, and just get a key forward.
Who do you suggest?

Start at the top and you throw what we can at Cameron, or go hard at Mitchell Lewis at Hawks or even look to give Paddy MCcartin a lifeline, or all else fails put games into Keane down back and move Moore up forward if we can't recruit one. Cox is far more a ruckman than a forward, FM even Townsend looked a cut above our key forwards tonight.....

Last edited:
Start at the top and you throw what we can at Cameron, or go hard at Mitchell Lewis at Hawks or even look to give Paddy MCcartin a lifeline, or all else fails put games into Keane down back and move Moore up forward if we can't recruit one. Cox is far more a ruckman than a forward, FM even Townsend looked a cut above our key forwards tonight.....

Lewis has inherited Rougheads #2, they will tell us to suck our own D**** when we call

Move whatever salary cap we need to to get Cameron in the door. We missed out on Lynch two seasons ago and have been kicking ourselves since for it. Don’t care if we pay Cameron overs to get him in and/or if we have to lose a couple of “best 22” to do so.

Throw both this years and next years first rounders at Ben King. We don’t need them anyway we’ve got Reef and Nick Daicos on lock down anyway.

Move whatever salary cap we need to to get Cameron in the door. We missed out on Lynch two seasons ago and have been kicking ourselves since for it. Don’t care if we pay Cameron overs to get him in and/or if we have to lose a couple of “best 22” to do so.

Throw both this years and next years first rounders at Ben King. We don’t need them anyway we’ve got Reef and Nick Daicos on lock down anyway.

Feel free to add a player as well. Phillips, Elliott, WHE, Cox..
I’d do it for Lukoscious too

We don’t trade in gun forwards. We chase C graders who have barely played. Darcy Cameron and the like. I think we are hoping to get lucky and maybe we think we can turn average players into stars. But it hasn’t worked yet. If they suck at one club, they’ll probably suck at ours. If they’re guns at one club, Lynch style, you could be in the right track.

We don’t trade in gun forwards. We chase C graders who have barely played. Darcy Cameron and the like. I think we are hoping to get lucky and maybe we think we can turn average players into stars. But it hasn’t worked yet. If they suck at one club, they’ll probably suck at ours. If they’re guns at one club, Lynch style, you could be in the right track.
Hine hates talls. In the last decade we have 15 first round picks we took one ruckman and one KPF who is now a defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm seriously getting sick of saying and hearing that we are one KPF away from a flag. We've heard it for the past 3 years at least. Can we please start getting serious about this now? Our forward line is embarrassing at the moment, we have no one reliable to lead up, take the big clunks and be able to kick outside 50m.

Aside from Tom Lynch i feel like we haven't even tried to land a KPF, we're just waiting for Jeremy Cameron to fall in our laps. It aint going to happen unless we pursue someone aggressively.

I'm seriously getting sick of saying and hearing that we are one KPF away from a flag. We've heard it for the past 3 years at least. Can we please start getting serious about this now? Our forward line is embarrassing at the moment, we have no one reliable to lead up, take the big clunks and be able to kick outside 50m.

Aside from Tom Lynch i feel like we haven't even tried to land a KPF, we're just waiting for Jeremy Cameron to fall in our laps. It aint going to happen unless we pursue someone aggressively.

Club does not Rate KPF as Important Position

giphy.gif

Did anyone read the article on why Pies and Hawks really missed out on Lynch? Interested in knowing
Yup. Wasnt just our fault. Seemed to like the thought of Richmond's "redemption" after they lost the prelim. But the media circus around us meeting him, didn't help.

Yup. Wasnt just our fault. Seemed to like the thought of Richmond's "redemption" after they lost the prelim. But the media circus around us meeting him, didn't help.
So Richmond had a better narrative and Buckley saying that he met with him during the year we’re the two factors?

Always wondered what Buckley’s motive was to publicly say it.

This is the article

Hawthorn came agonisingly close, but the pending retirement of Jarryd Roughead made a partnership with Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt more appealing to Lynch.

Collingwood pushed hard all the way.

Coach Nathan Buckley complicated the Pies’ bid in July by admitting on Channel 9 that he had personally met Lynch before the Suns knew of his decision to depart.

“It wasn’t anything major — it was just a bit annoying,” D’Orazio said.

The Magpies fluffed their lines again when journalists were tipped off about a secret meeting between Lynch and Pies’ recruiting boss Ned Guy at the Lynch family home in Blairgowrie.

Guy narrowly avoided a waiting TV crew by running through bushland at the rear of the house.

“I remember looking out the window and saw a camera — I still don’t know how they knew we were there,” D’Orazio said.

Others suspect the source of the leak was a senior football official with strong media connections.

D’Orazio said Richmond was “the right fit” for Lynch.

Over coffee in a Toorak Village deli in early October 2018, a Richmond contingency of Neil Balme, Brendon Gale and Blair Hartley got the answer they wanted.

Lynch called coach Damien Hardwick an hour later and the deal was done.

Friendships with former Suns teammates turned Tigers Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy didn’t hurt. Nor did Collingwood’s upset win over the Tigers in the 2018 preliminary final.

Lynch felt joining a team on the road to redemption would be easier than one in pursuit of a three-peat.

He knocked back far bigger financial offers at other clubs and remains outside Richmond’s top-three earners.

“It wasn’t about the money for him at all. He just wanted to win and have some success,” D’Orazio said.

Twelve months later, Lynch played in his first finals series and won a flag in his own MCG romp over the Giants.

“I remember trying to squeeze into the rooms. It was hard to get in,” D’Orazio said.

“His mum and dad were there, his girlfriend Olivia, who is a star, and I had my wife Sarah there as well. You couldn’t wipe the smile off my face.

“It was pretty cool. It’s not often that it’s a fairytale end to a trade and you win it in your first year.

“He made the right call.”

With changing list sizes (potentially) and changing salary cap (potentially), our best hope is a player that needs a fresh start of some description. We can’t afford a big fish and as history shows, they are very complicated to land.

Players like McCartin, Peter Wright.
We aren’t going to get a top 10 fwd through the door this off-season, and with players like Pendlebury, Sidebottom etc still with some footy left, whilst we need to draft talls for the future we need something now.

Remember, we are just trying to get a couple of upgrades on Cox.

With all the crap going on at Collingwood at the moment, it shouldn't be too hard to manufacture a bottom 5 finish, and from there you are in your best position to draft a young tall forward. Might be our best way of getting someone without selling the farm draft pick or salary cap wise.
We might need to re-hire Gubby Allan for the next trade period!!

With all the crap going on at Collingwood at the moment, it shouldn't be too hard to manufacture a bottom 5 finish, and from there you are in your best position to draft a young tall forward. Might be our best way of getting someone without selling the farm draft pick or salary cap wise.
We might need to re-hire Gubby Allan for the next trade period!!

Good point. Might be a year worth finishing in a good pick range.

Although we probably still owe a few 1sts to brissy and GWS for Beams and Treloar 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back