List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he get 3/4 of his ball uncontested then?

Yeah that ratio is a bit off but not by much. It's not unusual for inside mids to still get more uncontested than contested ball. 2/3rds would be normal.

Nah neither are reliable at it despite the odd highlight. Stephenson did most his work on leads or leading back to goal like most our fwds in 18. occasionally doing a good crumb is not the same as reliably being good at it or having the constant the timing of meeting it at the fall and roving cleanly.
Nobody could go with Stevo with his pace on the lead in 18/19. We need a game plan that opens up our forward line. Then we’ll see the best of him again.

Does anybody know anything of Nik Cox?. Mate knows the family and raves about Cox being the next Darcy Moore. I can't find much in the way of highlights or much on him because of lack of junior football this year

Does anybody know anything of Nik Cox?. Mate knows the family and raves about Cox being the next Darcy Moore. I can't find much in the way of highlights or much on him because of lack of junior football this year
Prob similar. 199cm 82kg swingman.
Probably ranked around 8th in the draft.

#8 Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights/Vic Metro | Key Position Defender/Utility
15/01/2002 | 199cm | 82kg

A 199cm player who can run, kick on both sides, and play just about anywhere? It sounds too good to be true, but that is exactly what Cox brings to the table as his region’s most outstanding draft candidate. Cox cut his teeth as a tall wingman and key position swingman in 2019, juggling his time between school football, 10 NAB League outings, and a berth in the Under 18 Vic Metro squad as a bottom-ager. In 2020, the Northern Knights co-captain is set to develop as a centre-half back, with his athleticism and versatility in the role lending to the fact he has an enormous ceiling. He is also set to be a prime candidate to lead Vic Metro should the national carnival swing around, lauded for his professionalism and the example he sets via training standards.

Prob similar. 199cm 82kg swingman.
Probably ranked around 8th in the draft.

#8 Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights/Vic Metro | Key Position Defender/Utility
15/01/2002 | 199cm | 82kg

A 199cm player who can run, kick on both sides, and play just about anywhere? It sounds too good to be true, but that is exactly what Cox brings to the table as his region’s most outstanding draft candidate. Cox cut his teeth as a tall wingman and key position swingman in 2019, juggling his time between school football, 10 NAB League outings, and a berth in the Under 18 Vic Metro squad as a bottom-ager. In 2020, the Northern Knights co-captain is set to develop as a centre-half back, with his athleticism and versatility in the role lending to the fact he has an enormous ceiling. He is also set to be a prime candidate to lead Vic Metro should the national carnival swing around, lauded for his professionalism and the example he sets via training standards.

Thanks Jen

So we have not really tried to Re-Sign Them.

I wonder Why?

Er, did you listen to the audio? He says towards the end they went from the period of not being able to talk to players straight into the 20-day game block we are currently in. So obviously timing isn't right and they are prioritising just playing football at the moment rather than worrying too much about contract talks - I suspect they'll be trying to distance players from football and the mental rigors associated as much as possible outside of training and playing hours.

Er, did you listen to the audio? He says towards the end they went from the period of not being able to talk to players straight into the 20-day game block we are currently in. So obviously timing isn't right and they are prioritising just playing football at the moment rather than worrying too much about contract talks - I suspect they'll be trying to distance players from football and the mental rigors associated as much as possible outside of training and playing hours.

I thought we at least have talked to about it then just them saying they have no Plans of Leaving but I would thought had at least 1 Discussion between Club and at least the Mangers

I thought we at least have talked to about it then just them saying they have no Plans of Leaving but I would thought had at least 1 Discussion between Club and at least the Mangers
There has been talks, but not formal ones because given they are in the hub, hard to get players/managers/ and football list manager people in the same room while in the hub.
But said he expects they will be at the pies next year. Just nothing formal can happen yet.

There has been talks, but not formal ones because given they are in the hub, hard to get players/managers/ and football list manager people in the same room while in the hub.
But said he expects they will be at the pies next year. Just nothing formal can happen yet.

So have to wait to the Season Ends?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a couple in the draft, let’s hope we snag one.

I've gone full circle on how I hope we fill our KPF needs, went from wanting Brown to wanting to get 1 or 2 Wright/Lewis types but now I think our best play is to trade up the order as much as we can and try and draft a gun KF. Hope we get into the ear of a club like North Melbourne and see if we can shift our 2020 and 2021 first's for their 2020 first and get into the top 5.

Could also be worth while trying to get a second of them as well. It might cost us throwing in a player too, but if we can get another pick in the second round along with matching a bid for Reef, there might be another prospect (preferably KP) worth drafting that's slid out of the first round (like Robertson, Sharp and Gould did last year).

I think we should be looking at having Kelly, Mihocek and hopefully our draftee (plus the likes of JDG and Ruscoe) make up our forward stocks, and try and target the next Buddy/Lynch/Cameron caliber fwd that wants to move. I think filling our list with gambles on the Peter Wrights of the world could affect us down the track making a play for a Ben King for example who might want to come back to Victoria at the end of 2021/2022.

I've gone full circle on how I hope we fill our KPF needs, went from wanting Brown to wanting to get 1 or 2 Wright/Lewis types but now I think our best play is to trade up the order as much as we can and try and draft a gun KF. Hope we get into the ear of a club like North Melbourne and see if we can shift our 2020 and 2021 first's for their 2020 first and get into the top 5.

Could also be worth while trying to get a second of them as well. It might cost us throwing in a player too, but if we can get another pick in the second round along with matching a bid for Reef, there might be another prospect (preferably KP) worth drafting that's slid out of the first round (like Robertson, Sharp and Gould did last year).

I think we should be looking at having Kelly, Mihocek and hopefully our draftee (plus the likes of JDG and Ruscoe) make up our forward stocks, and try and target the next Buddy/Lynch/Cameron caliber fwd that wants to move. I think filling our list with gambles on the Peter Wrights of the world could affect us down the track making a play for a Ben King for example who might want to come back to Victoria at the end of 2021/2022.
I’d also like a pick in the top 5, but if I’m North, I’m not doing that deal unless I get a player that can step straight in and make a strong contribution to my club straight away along with those two picks.

As it stands they have 1 pick falling in the first 5 and another pick in the next falling inside the next five.

Why would they want 1 x top 10 pick and 2 in the mid teens?

I can see why there’s still people who think we should go for Ben brown. But that’s how you end up like Hawthorn. Years of trading for win now and they’re 15th with no elite young talent. Brown is a good player but we don’t need him.

Whether it’s McDonald or Cox or any of the talks in the draft this year we must be working a way into the top 10 by trading next years first. If in the next 2 years we can bring in an elite tall, 2 elite mids in McInnes and Daicos and hopefully nail some later picks, we’re setting ourselves up for life without Pendles *shudder* and need to get the next drafts spot on.

Look at port for example, one good draft haul and they’re flying.

Last edited:
I can see why there’s still people who think we should go for Ben brown. But that’s how you end up like Hawthorn. Years of trading for win now and they’re 15th with no elite young talent. Brown is a good player but we don’t need him.

Whether it’s McDonald or Cox or any of the talks in the draft this year we must be working a way into the top 10 by trading next years first. If in the next 2 years we can bring in an elite tall, 2 elite mids and hopefully nail some later picks, we’re setting ourselves up for life without Pendles *shudder* and need to get the next drafts spot on.

im 100% not keen on Brown unless it’s absolute fire sale price.

trade up and get McDonald or someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back