List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all reports, Jeremy Cameron likes fishing and the quiet life and likes to stay off the radar. Playing for Collingwood would be the opposite of that. I find in near-impossible to believe that we’ll snare him. I’ve watched him tear games apart in Canberra and would love to have him play for us but staying at GWS or moving to Geelong seem much better fits for his apparent lifestyle preferences.

I can see this turning out like our pursuit of Tom Lynch - close but no cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
oh bugger.

He didn't say it, at least no quote from Browne in the article alluded to what that line suggests. If we are in final discussion as we all interpret that meaning, that's the headline, not a line halfway through the article. Just trying to clarify before the thread explodes based on this.
'Final discussoons' could simply mean tabling final offer/making your last pitch, I guess.

And I’m not even suggesting he has to be voted out - it would just be nice to see an alternative option and have some choice.

Its not get him out for the sake of getting him out.

He’s been brilliant for the club. Amazing in his heyday.
It's been a long, long time now.

What I'd love to see at trade and draft time.
Adam Treloar to Essendon for pick 6.
Tom Phillips to Adelaide for either pick 20 (hopefully) or pick 29.
Mason Cox to Western Bulldogs for 4th rounder.
Colingwood 2nd rounder and Josh Thomas to Gold Coast for Peter Wright and Darcy Macpherson.
Pick 14 and Collingwoods 3rd rounder to Brisbane for pick 19 and Alex Witherden.
Pick 6 = Will Phillips or Tanner Bruhn.
Pick 19 = Reef McInnes.
If we get pick 20 = Nik Cox.
FB - Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughhead , Jeremy Howe
HB - IQ, Darcy Moore, Alex Witherden
C - Josh Daicos, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
HF - Darcy Macpherson, Brody Mihocek, Jayden Stephenson
FF - Jordan DeGoey, Peter Wright, Jamie Elliott
F - Brody Grundy, Taylor Adams, Brayden Maynard
Int - John Noble, Tyler Brown, ?, ?

You’ve taken my post too literally. I meant holding a space in 2021 for a high end recruit... Ie sorry Moore / JDG / Brody - this is the most we can pay, b/c - along with clearing out some old deadwood finally - we have a large ring-fenced amount in budget for some good news re a certain GWS forward, that you’ll hear about shortly...
I understand your sentiment but clarity is always needed on the interwebs, no context = miscomprehension.
A Claytons war chest for opportunities has always been a recruitment tactic.

Colingwood 2nd rounder and Josh Thomas to Gold Coast for Peter Wright and Darcy Macpherson.
Pick 14 and Collingwoods 3rd rounder to Brisbane for pick 19 and Alex Witherden.
Pick 19 = Reef McInnes.
we won't trade those players. this isn't a fantasy league.

By all reports, Jeremy Cameron likes fishing and the quiet life and likes to stay off the radar. Playing for Collingwood would be the opposite of that. I find in near-impossible to believe that we’ll snare him. I’ve watched him tear games apart in Canberra and would love to have him play for us but staying at GWS or moving to Geelong seem much better fits for his apparent lifestyle preferences.

I think you’re right. Plus we again seem to be going hard at a late stage. We did the same with Lynch & his mind was already made up.

At least if we get Jeremy Cameron there won't be as much pressure on the club to take a KPP, and Hine can take Will Phillips (if we get a low pick).
There will still be the same pressure and it’s what we should do. We have two highly rated mids coming in over the next two years. While Cameron is good short term we also need to look to the draft

Where and when is the ballot?

I’ve been a member for 20 years and have never seen any information relating to voting, just heard he’s been re-elected.

I’m say others on this forum have voted and I’m in the minority but I’ve never seen anything about it.
You don’t tend to have a vote if someone is re-elected unopposed. It’s rare at any AFL club for them to go to an election

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re right. Plus we again seem to be going hard at a late stage. We did the same with Lynch & his mind was already made up.
There is absolutely no difference fishing in Melbourne or Geelong. You still have to launch a boat from a boat ramp and the fishing in Corio bay is the same as Melb. So, unless he plans on moving down to Lorne or something then Geelong offers the same if not worse fish bowl type living

There is absolutely no difference fishing in Melbourne or Geelong. You still have to launch a boat from a boat ramp and the fishing in Corio bay is the same as Melb. So, unless he plans on moving down to Lorne or something then Geelong offers the same if not worse fish bowl type living

I have kept quiet and just roll my eyes every time someone says "he is going to Geelong because he likes fishing" LMAO you are spot on .. no difference. He could Moor a boat in StKilda and be living in Middle Park..

Surfing on the other hand is better on the coast..

There will still be the same pressure and it’s what we should do. We have two highly rated mids coming in over the next two years. While Cameron is good short term we also need to look to the draft
who are two highly rated mids coming in over the next two years?

Pick 19 = Reef McInnes.
That team just doesn't do it for me, no offense

Pick 19 = Reef McInnes.
Firstly, that's a preposterous amount of players to trade in one summer, and your valuations for them are all over the joint.

Secondly, that forward line is not good at all, especially considering we'd have so much money to throw around if we lost Treloar, Cox, Phillips and Thomas and only brought back Wright, Macpherson and Witherden

We're a chance if Buckley keeps his mouth shut.

And both shithouse fishing anyway. If thats his motivation he might end up at Freo or Port for their 1 Darwin game a year. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back