List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would be great still doesn't help our forward line.

Pies could get Brawshaw and Gunston while keeping Treloar and JDG, I would be very happy.

This whole chasing forwards because people think our forward line is non existent----in 2018--
JDG
WHE
JT
Stephenson
All up around 40 goals each.

It's nothing to do with just the personnel rather the system.
Look how Nathan has made us play.
Slow, methodical, safe.
There's no space for our forewords to work in.

We arent direct, we dont go fast and use our weapons--which is these hybrid mediums moving up, down sideways and creating havoc inside 50 forcing defenders to actually defend their strengths.

We could bring in Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron, Tom Lynch etc....none of them would be as good as they are at their current clubs playing the way our team moves the ball.
And it stems to comments from Rendell--who said we only train defence---and then we wonder why our forwards are rendered ineffective..

They would be great still doesn't help our forward line.

Pies could get Brawshaw and Gunston while keeping Treloar and JDG, I would be very happy.

With what currency exactly?

Need to be very careful with our 2021 pick as Daicos jnr mk2 likely to be bid on in top 3. The points needed wont be covered by what we have currently and would need a s**t load of 2nds to not go into deficit in 2022 first round if so. Effectively spend the 2021 at own risk and it could cost us 2 firsts for him.

I rate Angus. Think he can compliment Adams quite well.

Does Bale fill a need? Surely they won’t trade Cox for Dale?

Brayshaw for Phillips would be possible? I know he polled well in a Brownlow but what position and role would he fill?

would anyone be keen on Sydney Stack?
For an injection of indigenous talent, I’d be looking at Narkle from Geelong. He will get squeezed out.
Good fwd/mid prospect.

This whole chasing forwards because people think our forward line is non existent----in 2018--
JDG
WHE
JT
Stephenson
All up around 40 goals each.

It's nothing to do with just the personnel rather the system.
Look how Nathan has made us play.
Slow, methodical, safe.
There's no space for our forewords to work in.

We arent direct, we dont go fast and use our weapons--which is these hybrid mediums moving up, down sideways and creating havoc inside 50 forcing defenders to actually defend their strengths.

We could bring in Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron, Tom Lynch etc....none of them would be as good as they are at their current clubs playing the way our team moves the ball.
And it stems to comments from Rendell--who said we only train defence---and then we wonder why our forwards are rendered ineffective..

It's both HFF.

People need to move on from 2018 that system of basically paggons paddock was found out teams only need to not bring up the last line of defence so high and players cant sprint back into a mile of space.

Small and medium fwd lines have only at best ever pinched a flag never been a dominant force side (multiple years) have one.

People even point to the bradbury Dogs flag as a small fwdline but forget that Boyd played a HUGE game for them on GF day thats right a 198cm proper KPF performance.

It's both HFF.

People need to move on from 2018 that system of basically paggons paddock was found out teams only need to not bring up the last line of defence so high and players cant sprint back into a mile of space.

Small and medium fwd lines have only at best ever pinched a flag never been a dominant force side (multiple years) have one.

People even point to the bradbury Dogs flag as a small fwdline but forget that Boyd played a HUGE game for them on GF day thats right a 198cm proper KPF performance.

I agree---however the way you play is firstly the priority.

You need to play to your forwards' strengths. If you don't have a gun key forward----don't try and play like you have one.

We actually have dangerous players in front of goal--Stephenson, JDG--WHE--are all good size marks and kicks for goal generally. Yet look how they are playing....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Thomas in the Grand Final sprint.

Any chance of recruiting a player that has a chance of winning it!? haha..

I have no idea of the reliability of the poster on Nicks but the detail of the rumours are:

- Neville Jetta - it's a 2 year contract that involves a coaching role. Apparently is highly recommended and is an indigenous community leader
- Bailey Dale - Rated highly by Hines and pies have been into him for a few years. This might be where they are looking to trade Hoskin-Elliott
- Peter Wright - looking to play him as a mobile forward with Cox as a deep forward and Mihocek as the 3rd tall in the forward line
- Angus Brayshaw - looking at him to release Pendles to a wing and Sidebottom forward. Phillips and our first could be involved here.
- Left over points to be used on Reef McInnes

Disclaimer: I'm repeating what was posted on Nicks. I have no inside knowledge myself

I have no idea of the reliability of the poster on Nicks but the detail of the rumours are:

- Neville Jetta - it's a 2 year contract that involves a coaching role. Apparently is highly recommended and is an indigenous community leader
- Bailey Dale - Rated highly by Hines and pies have been into him for a few years. This might be where they are looking to trade Hoskin-Elliott
- Peter Wright - looking to play him as a mobile forward with Cox as a deep forward and Mihocek as the 3rd tall in the forward line
- Angus Brayshaw - looking at him to release Pendles to a wing and Sidebottom forward. Phillips and our first could be involved here.

Disclaimer: I'm repeating what was posted on Nicks. I have no inside knowledge myself
Cox and Wright in the same fwdline 🤮

I agree---however the way you play is firstly the priority.

You need to play to your forwards' strengths. If you don't have a gun key forward----don't try and play like you have one.

We actually have dangerous players in front of goal--Stephenson, JDG--WHE--are all good size marks and kicks for goal generally. Yet look how they are playing....

I agree the game plan is horrid for our team, and agree it hinders rather then helps us.

just look at the midfield all our mids often give up front position and yet they ruck to a ruckmen who 90% hit it within half to a meter of himself inside the "phonebox". They all start flat footed and from behind, wonder why we cant win a clearance and when we do its a rushed scrub start there.

Then we look at our ball movement from defence this can be chicken or egg with this team as our FWDs push all the way down past the center line on a fast break our HBFs often have to stop and prop to buy time to get the fwds into position. This can also jut happen with some of our backline and mids players (Mayne Roughead Phillips etc) regardless of field position.

It's all kinds of foookd.

This is so underwhelming fmd.

Wheels will fall off this club so fast

Phillips and our 1st for Brayshaw.

Crikey.

Why?

What do you think we'll do with the picks we get back, bury them in a hole at Victoria Park, and not turn them into players?

While I haven't been agreeing with Seedsfan a lot lately I have to agree on this one.

Any draft picks we use this year probably aren't going to help us much next year and we'll hade to deal with void left behind by Treloar's and DeGoey's theoretical departure because we're not that deep in the midfield.

If we go this route then we probably have to accept that we may slip down the ladder a bit for the next couple of years.

I agree the game plan is horrid for our team, and agree it hinders rather then helps us.

just look at the midfield all our mids often give up front position and yet they ruck to a ruckmen who 90% hit it within half to a meter of himself inside the "phonebox". They all start flat footed and from behind, wonder why we cant win a clearance and when we do its a rushed scrub start there.

Then we look at our ball movement from defence this can be chicken or egg with this team as our FWDs push all the way down past the center line on a fast break our HBFs often have to stop and prop to buy time to get the fwds into position. This can also jut happen with some of our backline and mids players (Mayne Roughead Phillips etc) regardless of field position.

It's all kinds of foookd.

Nailed it.
Always play from behind and flat footed.
Sometimes I'd like Grundy to just hit outside of the phone box....confuse the opposition.

Also we have a problem with our mids not "wanting to score goals". You couldn't name anyone growing up playing footy who doesn't want to run forward, attack and score a goal.
At Collingwood our mids have no killer instinct.
Adams is the only one this year who had an eye for goal.

Pendlebury used to early in the last decade----but he doesn't want to any more.
He is always wanting to pass off or handball.
Your superstar---you are the captain---if your teammates see you being hungry to score---guess what, they too will want to score.

Treloar---where's the line breaking, couple of bounces and shot on goal?
He just wants to play like a plodding inside mid--and dish out handballs.

Brodie Grundy---when's the last time he worked his opponent over and ran forward to kick a goal?

That's our main core of mids and they don't want to score goals.

The next rung down---Jamie Elliott---has become ineffective in front of goal as he focuses now too much on just winning a clearance.
Steele Sidebottom---can hit the scoreboard but he too is happy to just pass the ball around the field rather than be decisive.
Jordan De Goey---should be spending more time on ball---and wouldn't hesitate to be ruthless as opposed to passing off all the time.

speaking of Nicks, does anyone else think that websites format is dreadful? I literally can’t go on there

It hasn't been updated for years, but there is a reason for that. Mike, the bloke that owns it, gave up the reigns of running years ago. At the time the choice was to let it die, or keep it running with volunteer mods (I was one of the mods for a couple of years). Some mods continue to run it, but don't really have much control over how it looks.

It could do with a change of forum software to be honest. I don't visit is often as I used to because it's difficult to use on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back