List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wills and Sier are both tough nuts and will be like new recruits next year. Wills needs to work on his disposal. No doubting he knows this..
I know many of you don't rate either of them. I am happy to keep both. Keep Cox and bring in Wright plus another KP player or two.
Positive we are a top 4 side, injuries permitting. We can beat any team on our day.

Wills needs to go. Doesnt do enough

Sier needs to be told its his last year and has to put in

We need to get some young mids on our list, i cant name any

Wills needs to go. Doesnt do enough

Sier needs to be told its his last year and has to put in

We need to get some young mids on our list, i cant name any

KPP more Important then more Mids

If Caldwell gets a resume like Mayne he will be lucky
Cheap shots
Plenty of blokes worse than him and on more cash

400 per year below average and cost us nothing to get

Try bagging guys who should have pulled the pin but haven't through selfishness or misguided hope
All finished 2019

Reid
Varcoe
Langdon
Sharenburg
Broomhead
And yet we don't offer sack a year

Yeah and throw the vice captain in as well

Notice Mayne had his first child recently too
Didn't see her m getting in a police car wandering the streets

Nor roughy
Sorry mate, but if we go into next year with the players you mentioned, especially Mayne, then we aren't winning anything. Players like Mayne, Thomas, WHE and Brown should be depth players next year and nothing more, mayne sounds like a beautiful man but he just can't play footy antmore

Wills is a tackling machine. Fix the disposals up and we

I will take Buckleys opinion over anyone else's. Including my own

Buckleys opinion isnt everything. Im sure you agreed when he publically lashed Maynes contract in the press?

Wills isnt what we need for our midfield. We lack pace and skill. He offers netheir of those

Problem is, I don’t think he’s got much currency with his pending court case. Have to hope he puts together 2 cracking years and we have some bargaining power next time.

His court case seems to me
Time to get McInnes, and two first rounders
Time to get Nick daicos and two first rounders
Forget the speculative picks and ytafes

That’s one approach. Not opposed to it, along with fast tracking Kelly Rantall and Bianco. Depends how much faith we have in Cox.

I don't really think Brayshaw is what we need and I don't see where Hunt fits in for us - he's a smaller forward, isn't he? We have a few of those, all probably better than Hunt.

I dunno... just think our focus should be elsewhere and I also think Flip is underrated around here.
Alright well i definitely think we need someone like brayshaw to firm up the midfield but I agree Hunt doesn't really do much for me. Think he showed a bit off half back circa 2017 maybe but they've tried to move him around since and hasn't really found a role that suits. Tbf you could take him out of that deal and it doesn't change much.

I think Flip is very solid, good sort of citizen and kind of guy to have at the club, and solid player in the best 22 when in form. But he's also the kind of player that has some value and limited growth-he'll never be all aus for instance-which makes him the ideal trade candidate. The degree to which he has been earmarked as trade bait may have hindered his perceived worth in these circles a little.

Being pick 2, 6 years ago really is irrelevant now. Just as his Brownlow votes 2 years ago are irrelevant. Current form and usefulness to his current team are the determining factors. He’s fallen back to about 5th in the pecking order in his preferred position. His form has suffered as a result over the past 2 years. Much like Phillips this season who was averaging similar numbers on the wing to Brayshaw in the guts in 2018, who’s been pushed to a HFF and who’s form has similarly suffered as a result. The trade board posters largely regarded Phillips as worth a first round pick 2 years ago. I remember people saying that pick 10 was a fair price for him. His value isn’t close to that anymore and I can’t imagine that Brayshaws would be either.

Not saying I'd pay the price...all im saying is that I think in terms of trade worth he is around a pick 14. Remember he is contracted too. Not sure phillips plus 2md or 3rd cuts it.

Phillips for Brayshaw could certainly make some sense then.

My perception is the Brayshaw is very slow in terms of foot speed. Am I mistaken about That? If not, wouldn’t recruiting him add to one of our existing problems which is a lack of break-away speed from clearances? Also, isn’t he another whose kicking lacks penetration? We already have plenty in that category.

Personally, I’d like us to train up both Crisp and Maynard as permanent mids. They are both relentless in moving the ball forward (two of our highest in metres gained averages) and both have long penetrating kicks. And they’re both big-bodied and pretty quick.

I think it will be easier to replace Crisp and Maynard in defence (Murphy, Bianco, Mayne, even WHE) than to recruit ready-made mids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This thread kills me sometimes. Every player we're linked with gets shut down by posters saying they're not good enough. Do you understand where our club is right now? We finished 8th on the ladder, managed to make a semi by 1 point. We are a defensive team, one of the lowest scoring sides in the competition, by far the lowest scoring side in the top 8. We are around the middle or lower for almost every important stat. We have salary cap issues because we overpay players. Who the fu** wants to come here?

"Don't want Wright"... WHO DO YOU WANT THEN? We're not getting Cameron, we didn't get Lynch. Who? Do you want Hawkins? Darling? Who? Nobody is coming lol

We actually have a decent young list, we just need to recruit smartly, get some youngish, cheapish players with potential that can grow with the club and hope that some players return to form (Grundy and Stevo the big ones)

If you were to tell me that Wright would come here next season, play every (or almost every) game and kick 30 goals, I'd cry tears of joy...
This, this, this and then some more of this.

We are seriously ******* delusional sometimes...........

Just go and get him, he may not be perfect ATM but fingers crossed he can build with us.

Seriously, what other options do we have? The only other realistic one is Hogan and he scares me after Beams.......

I don't post often but guys this thread is a shitshow of people getting angry with each other and delusional trades... At least it's amusing I guess.

If we are truly chasing Brayshaw...

Keep our first round this year because we need to snag a first round selection before a bid comes for Reef.

Our future first for Brayshaw with something back. Probably Melbourne's future third or a young player (to the value of someone like Sparrow).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His court case seems to me

That’s one approach. Not opposed to it, along with fast tracking Kelly Rantall and Bianco. Depends how much faith we have in Cox.
Investigate value and return
Trade de goey
Trade Treloar
Trade Lynch
Trade whe
Trade Thomas
Trade sidebottom

Move pendels to coaching list management by 2023

A forward line of Keene, Cox Kelly with good crumbers

Buckleys opinion isnt everything. Im sure you agreed when he publically lashed Maynes contract in the press?

Wills isnt what we need for our midfield. We lack pace and skill. He offers netheir of those

Nathan Buckley is a legend and his coaching thus far has been exemplary.. most here do not agree. Like I give a *. We are lucky to have him. He has had bad luck from the beginning, injuries , losing a GF by a kick.

Wills will be a more then handy player IMO

My perception is the Brayshaw is very slow in terms of foot speed. Am I mistaken about That? If not, wouldn’t recruiting him add to one of our existing problems which is a lack of break-away speed from clearances?
Treloar to a wing for centre bounces?

This, this, this and then some more of this.

We are seriously ******* delusional sometimes...........

Just go and get him, he may not be perfect ATM but fingers crossed he can build with us.

Seriously, what other options do we have? The only other realistic one is Hogan and he scares me after Beams.......

I don't post often but guys this thread is a shitshow of people getting angry with each other and delusional trades... At least it's amusing I guess.
Tom McDonald
Tom
McDonald
Tom McDonald on less than Wright
Mitch McGovern on 250 per year for a fourth but not a cent more

Mark Keene
Tohill
Wright has zero defensive side

Really like this shout. Teams are really good at forcing him onto his left when he wins the centre clearance, and his left is fair dinkum awful. Maybe a slight defensive liability if we have both him and daicos on either wing? We've tended to use our wingers more defensively over recent years (hard to say this year when you can't see at the game). I'd love to see it tried though.

I’m fascinated by the suggestion we’re chasing Angus Brayshaw. Not following Melbourne closely, I didn’t realise his gametime was such an issue amongst supporters. I have to weigh up whether this is a red flag in itself, but it goes some of the way to explaining the numbers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/477189/...t-brayshaw-bench-question-makes-goody-bristle

There’s no great shame in being behind Oliver and Petracca for midfield minutes, but Ed Langdon? Hmmmm. I guess it could be concussion related but that seems overly simplistic.

Unfortunately I've watched a fair bit of Brayshaw over the past couple of seasons. The shift to a wing was one issue yes, but a significant contributor was a noticeable lack of intensity paired with poor positioning and substandard off the ball movement.

There were times that he just looked flat out disinterested and second or third efforts were very much an exception rather than the norm.

He also has his break out season in 2018 when he came third in the Brownlow following a solid back half of 2017 when he did return from his concussion issues and I don't recall him having significant head knocks since then, so perhaps those concussion issues are behind him now?

Last edited:
Lost me at trading Sidey and Keane and Cox in our fwdline
I'd take 2 firsts all day for sidebottom
I'd take Merrett

Keenes a better option than brown and wright
More mobile
Stronger
Quicker
More agressive
And suits our crappy entries
Perfect foil
Cox well put a fork in the club if he's traded
Get him a Robin to his batman
Get him a crumber
s**t even 2
We might kick more than 10 goals a game

Or we can waste another golden opportunity
Two top kids for nothing

I really like the idea of Treloar on one wing and Daicos on the other. That adjustment, with Brayshaw in the square, could really work.

It would also mean trading Phillips, coz he really can’t play any other position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back