List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon fans are the most hilarious on the internet.

Even if we aren’t going to do much the Daniher and Tim Kelly trade situation has me very interested as to what’s going to happen. A lot of big statements being made by the respective list managers this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even if we aren’t going to do much the Daniher and Tim Kelly trade situation has me very interested as to what’s going to happen. A lot of big statements being made by the respective list managers this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope it's a repeat of last year where they have a camera in the trade room on the last day. Reckon both those will go right down to the last hour.

Yet we traded Witts for 44 & 62.

tenor.gif

Watch "Panda Cheese Commercial English Subtitles" on YouTube

I'm secretly hoping something crazy happens this trade period out of the blue and we land a star
Last year we got beams right at the end when nobody even mentioned his name before the last day
Dylan Shiel nominated Essendon out of nowhere
I'd love to get Rory Laird. 6th in the Brownlow last year as a half back flanker in a side that finished 12th. Doesn't get much better.
Schaz , future 1st and maybe later picks. But it won't happen

I'm secretly hoping something crazy happens this trade period out of the blue and we land a star
Last year we got beams right at the end when nobody even mentioned his name before the last day
I'd love to get Rory Laird. 6th in the Brownlow last year as a half back flanker in a side that finished 12th. Doesn't get much better.
Go for Jeremy Cameron if we can somehow get better picks .Not possible i know but i'm allowed to dream.

Laird is honestly pretty over-rated. He gets cheap kicks in the backline that boost his stats, rarely wins a hardball and gets exposed in defensive 1 on 1's. Wouldn't even trade a 2nd round pick for him. We are well stocked for players in his position too, not a list requirement like a key forward is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kpp more pressing need

Something that slightly concerns me is who the club had in mind as being under serious consideration to give the flick for pick 1. This is a list that was a kick away from a flag a year ago and a kick away from a GF this year. Who else of our upper echelon best 22 besides Treloar would we have seriously stopped to consider trading away?

Not sure if getting rid of an established absolute superstar to get access to the most talented 18 year old kid is really a good recipe for a flag next year, personally.

From memory we had Rowell with us last pre-season as part of the AIS scholarship program and with our NGA pathway via Oakleigh I suspect we are pretty aware of how special he is aka Selwood/ Walsh year 1 impact good.

That’s not Treloar level output, but I think we can afford to lose one through the middle and still have a top 4 midfield group. Especially if Beams returns anywhere near his best and JDG goes through there more often.

Last edited:
How the hell aren’t we throwing everything about Bruce. Even Jenkins ffs

IMO, a 6/10 type replacing a 5/10 type in our best 22 is not a progressive move. I’d rather we back in what we’ve got and hold off for an 8/10 type.

To throw a scenario out there Cox falls OOC next year and we certainly aren’t signing him to the same size contract as this one. If we bring in one of the two you’ve mentioned there’s no doubt they’re in front of him for a limited rise in output. We also then lose any trade currency we had with Cox after he struggles to get a game behind either of them two.

Wouldn’t you rather we get the 25-30 goals a fit Cox offers, not use trade 2019 assets and then go to market with Cox as a trade asset next year? Perhaps we target Cameron, Brown or King?

Last edited:
IMO, a 6/10 type replacing a 5/10 type in our best 22 is not a progressive move. I’d rather we back in what we’ve got and hold off for an 8/10 type.

Sco I recall a few years ago you were really big on Jenkins. You seem to have cooled off quite a bit. Is his age putting you off?

Sco I recall a few years ago you were really big on Jenkins. You seem to have cooled off quite a bit. Is his age putting you off?

The 2016 version of Jenkins is a very different beast to what the 2020 version will be so it’s based on a number of factors. His age, competitiveness, personality and our mix. There’s so much risk with a move like that for so little reward. I’d compare it to Melbourne bringing in Preuss.

The only way I see it working is contrary to what I added to my post with Jenkins playing alongside Cox which scares the s**t out of me with their lack of accountability going the other way.

The 2016 version of Jenkins is a very different beast to what the 2020 version will be so it’s based on a number of factors. His age, competitiveness, personality and our mix. There’s so much risk with a move like that for so little reward. I’d compare it to Melbourne bringing in Preuss.

The only way I see it working is contrary to what I added to my post with Jenkins playing alongside Cox which scares the s**t out of me with their lack of accountability going the other way.

I tend to agree about the balance up there. I actually think if it were to work it needs to be Cox's role though. He starts at pocket and works to wing which suits Jenkins. There's also the competitveness. Mihocek needs to play for mine. Very risky to bring in Jenkins though. What did you like about 2016 Jenkins compared to now?

I tend to agree about the balance up there. I actually think if it were to work it needs to be Cox's role though. He starts at pocket and works to wing which suits Jenkins. There's also the competitveness. Mihocek needs to play for mine. Very risky to bring in Jenkins though. What did you like about 2016 Jenkins compared to now?

Production plain and simple. He bossed it that year and was only 27 (I think). I also thought he suited our mix better back then when we had White and Cloke as our KPF’s with Elliott our only quality small. Put simply we needed goalkickers. We’ve moved on since then.

What grinds my gears a little is that the same posters going “we need a KPF I don’t care who just get one” will be the first to turn on the average one we pick up as a result of that strategy...

One minor point I’d like to make is that even though I’d be against the move it isn’t quite a White or Golds flat out no because I could understand it if not justify it. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back