List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i were to rank players on who is least tradeable at the club i.e the untouchables
grundy, de goey, moore, stephenson
i think those 4 are the absolite spine of our next premiership (not spine as in KP players but the backbone of the team)

we really shouldve gone hard last year for marcus adams
he interviewed with us but chose brisbane
we need a key defender that is a proven player so moore can play forward

we really shouldve gone hard last year for marcus adams
he interviewed with us but chose brisbane
we need a key defender that is a proven player so moore can play forward

A) Moore has spoken previously that he wants to stay as a defender, he was in AA form before getting injured and was one of the best performed in finals back there. He's a defender now, people need to move on and accept it

B) Marcus Adams had about 10 goals kicked on him over the two finals games. He's a big dumb truck that's spent way too long in front of a gym mirror rather than working on a physique that would actually assist his football. He's also massively injury prone.

I'd flip Moore for Lukosius in a heartbeat, and I'd give Moore + something else if need be. Particularly given Moore's durability and re-occuring hamstrings. Moving Moore means bringing in another key defender. But there are plenty around. Josh Walker to name one who could be had on the cheap would be a good compliment to Roughead as a stronger type who intercepts on a higher level and is underutilised by Brisbane.
It's important to consider all the ramifications of trades like this. It's been discussed in another thread how Ned Guy seems to have been recently able to sign on important players for unders. Trading out someone like Moore might unsettle the group. It might give the impression to others whose contracts are coming up that the Club is 'ruthless' and affect their thinking about their own re-signing. I wonder what Grundy might think..

A) Moore has spoken previously that he wants to stay as a defender, he was in AA form before getting injured and was one of the best performed in finals back there. He's a defender now, people need to move on and accept it

B) Marcus Adams had about 10 goals kicked on him over the two finals games. He's a big dumb truck that's spent way too long in front of a gym mirror rather than working on a physique that would actually assist his football. He's also massively injury prone.
the thing with Moore is that rather than us throw the kitchen sink at a KPF theres one right there waiiting for us
Marcus Adams came into the team r20 after heaps of injuries and had to play forward back and tag and had no continuity.
then fagan put him on dustin martin which was a nightmare waiting to happen. Of course he was going to get a bag kicked on him. can you imagine if wed made the GF and bucks put roughead on dusty?
i just think adams is a decent player

It's important to consider all the ramifications of trades like this. It's been discussed in another thread how Ned Guy seems to have been recently able to sign on important players for unders. Trading out someone like Moore might unsettle the group. It might give the impression to others whose contracts are coming up that the Club is 'ruthless' and affect their thinking about their own re-signing. I wonder what Grundy might think..

Brodie has friendship with Darcy. So there is something to that. And Moore is no scrub obviously.

But if Lukosius outperforms him from his first season (and as a leading tall forward I wouldn't discount it) and Moore's body breaks down again. With Grundy wanting to be a part of a winning team. While he may not like the trade at the time, it's something where I'd be hopeful he respects the talent ID and adds that to the pro column when the time comes that he has a decision to make regarding his future.

Or alternatively Collingwood can just offer Grundy the 7 years today and sign him and then make the move. That's what I'd be doing so that there is no such dilemma. And with Grundy's performance and durability, and his drive to be the best. It's an easy decision to sign him and give him his years.

ive never rated gaff as high as the others, gets lots of touches but doesnt do much with them.
yeo is a beast but a little inconsistent
id love to have shuey at this club because hes a beast
kelly is a scary prospect at 24yo and going by his prelim is a superstar
You're right. I wasn't thinking about their midfield, when they add Kelly, it will be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Gold Coast, Lukosius looks best suited to playing in defence because they don't honour leadup targets for him to be able to impact games up forward as he can for the Suns.

As a key forward I'd use Lukosius as a Nick Riewoldt/Tom Lynch (Adelaide) type who leads and leads and leads and pushes high up the ground. And he can take 8-12 marks a game in that role, but then kill teams with his kicking and set up meaningful offence whether kicking i50 or taking a mark and then finding a target off half-back. Let him work and work, honour his leads, defenders can't track him all the way up the ground, then stick to him when he pushes hard forward as with prime Riewoldt. And that's how he can be used to maximise his game and make him into Collingwood's most important.

Collingwood have plenty of closer to goal options, and Lukosius because of how he plays can be used alongside a Cox as a deeper options and Mihocek can still co-exist in that same team with them and a De Goey.
Don't know. I think you're talking about a player type that his been cruelled by the way that modern teams structure up behind the ball. Even when hitting up really high, KPFs are generally faced with a contested situation where they have to hit the contest harder than Lukosius has shown an inclination for. I think he's a fantastic prospect for defence, but am yet to see the aggressive attack on the ball and clean hands when doing so that I think is needed for a forward to be a gun. Ben King on the other hand... I hope I'm wrong with Lukosius, because I love a star forward.

He looks pure class, I'm just seeing him best suited to the other end.

Last edited:
I'd flip Moore for Lukosius in a heartbeat, and I'd give Moore + something else if need be. Particularly given Moore's durability and re-occuring hamstrings. Moving Moore means bringing in another key defender. But there are plenty around. Josh Walker to name one who could be had on the cheap would be a good compliment to Roughead as a stronger type who intercepts on a higher level and is underutilised by Brisbane.

Personally, I think Moore is being wasted down back. I can see him more being a dominant key forward in a similar vein to Nick Riewoldt.

His athleticism and marking, IMO and as if his body finally ever comes good, would be very hard to stop, especially now that he matured a bit.

I rate your opinion highly, that’s why I seek it every now and then.

Do you not share my enthusiasm when it comes to Moore? Or do you believe that Luko is just that much better projecting forward?

BTW I’d also love Lukoscious at the club. Looks like a real prospect in the bits and pieces I’ve seen of him.

Personally, I think Moore is being wasted down back. I can see him more being a dominant key forward in a similar vein to Nick Riewoldt.

His athleticism and marking, IMO and as if his body finally ever comes good, would be very hard to stop, especially now that he matured a bit.

I rate your opinion highly, that’s why I seek it every now and then.

Do you not share my enthusiasm when it comes to Moore? Or do you believe that Luko is just that much better projecting forward?

BTW I’d also love Lukoscious at the club. Looks like a real prospect in the bits and pieces I’ve seen of him.
Maybe Matthew Richardson on the Wing.

How do we get our hands on one of those King boys?

It would seem that Ben is the one to target, seeing he is playing for that shambolic bunghole of a club.

We'll never see either in black and white. They're severely brainwashed into being St Kilda fanatics and their whole family is embedded into the club. I'd be surprised if both aren't at St Kilda in 2021, which will be funny because they won't have any good midfielders to get it to them.

We'll never see either in black and white. They're severely brainwashed into being St Kilda fanatics and their whole family is embedded into the club. I'd be surprised if both aren't at St Kilda in 2021, which will be funny because they won't have any good midfielders to get it to them.
giphy.gif

I would have done it.
I'd still do it

Why would we trade one of the games best midfielders (Treloar) while we are smack-bang in the middle of our premiership window.

The only trades I would contemplate would be to fill holes. Forward line for example.

No use trading in a player (Rowell), whom may take two or threes years at AFL level to flourish, and by then we'd probably seen the last (or best of) Pendlebury/Sidebottom/Beams/Howe etc, and the window would be closing.

Time to make smart moves like we did in 2009 (Ball, Jolly)

the thing with Moore is that rather than us throw the kitchen sink at a KPF theres one right there waiiting for us
Marcus Adams came into the team r20 after heaps of injuries and had to play forward back and tag and had no continuity.
then fagan put him on dustin martin which was a nightmare waiting to happen. Of course he was going to get a bag kicked on him. can you imagine if wed made the GF and bucks put roughead on dusty?
i just think adams is a decent player
pretty sure he played on Riewoldt mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back