List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Treloar article is a joke.
He’s offered up for pick 1 but conveniently signs an contract extension from 2021 for a further 4 years until 2025.....

Talk about click bait at its finest

Not unreasonable.
Pies: What'll it take to get your no.1 pick GC?
GC: Treloar
Pies: Hey Ads, GC want you as part of a trade for pick 1, just thought we'd check if you had any interest before well tell them to sod off.
Ads: Nah, tell 'em to sod off, where's that contract extension?
Pies: Hey GC, thanks but no thanks from Ads, what about Broomy.....

Can someone please explain to me why mediocre teams like Melbourne and St Kilda all of a sudden have become destination clubs for players?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Usually when you are mediocre you have a lot of room in your cap and that's definitely the case with St.Kilda. I must say I'm a bit surprised Melbourne have as much room as they do, I thought they might've been pressed up a bit after the prelim finish and acquiring May and Lever. There's still a lot of optimism about Melbourne's list though which I think is helping them draw players.

Even before Grundy there were a fair few hacks taken. Grundy, who was highly rated at the time, slipping to 18 was a miracle that shows that the footy gods aren't always our enemy.

We got lucky, the trend at that time was teams not wanting to risk high picks on a ruckman that takes 5yrs before he is any good. Then the teams from 10-17 were fine for rucks.

Except GWS who had 5 picks, no obvious good ruckman present or future on their list, yet didn’t choose him. Instead they took 1 - Whitfield 2 - O’Rourke, 3 - Plowman, 12 - Jaksch and 14 - Corr

Take away Whitfield and that’s incompetent drafting. That can be doubled down with their 2014 draft. They had 3 of the top 7 picks. Not a single one of those players is on their list or has come close to playing good football for any club.

Imagine the crap a club would receive if they had 3 picks in top 7 and butchered them all. Unbelievable how many top 15 draft picks they’ve had that have failed completely

My prediction for trade period is we will do not much because we don't really have the list profile to be heavily involved at the moment. Jenkins will probably not come to us, there are teams that can guarantee him a spot and more money and frankly I think it would be wrong to get him unless he's not on much money, he's not necessarily an automatic upgrade over Cox or Mihocek.

So we'll get Cameron and because we got him for say pick 60 instead of 80 and didn't do 500 useless trades the media will give us a D rating without actually analysing the realities of our list profile.

Interesting Pies, Treloar and Suns number 1 pick story. I think more of a cook up than anything else. But looks like Treloar is a Pies man for life going by his own admission. Hopefully the environment is same for Grundy as it was for Elliott.
Would be basically giving up Treloar for Matt Rowell. It would of got some thought. Rowell looks a superstar in the making.

if anyone wants a good laugh head over to the Daniher thread on the Draft & Free Agency forum. Some Essendon nuffies asking for 2 top 10 picks for him. crazy stuff
Can you blame them? Think about what this board would be demanding if a club poached Moore while he was under contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare who do you think Collingwood were keen on with Pick 1?

Do you think X player would/could be better than Treloar?

Rowell is the number one player in this draft. He'd be the guy. No one plays bigger on the big stage. 44d, 9t 2g in the NAB League Grand Final. Back to back medals in the game, medals in the u17 showcase last year, best on honours v VFL opposition. I like both Rowell and Anderson over Treloar personally in this draft (based on career from now projections). Though in saying that, I'd be moving Treloar for Lukosius instead (if he was agreeable which we know he isn't).

Any one player in the AFL to add to Collingwood's list. I'd want Lukosius. On a short kicking team that honours the lead, he could be a 200 mark a year key forward and he'd kill with his kicking able to break games open and hit meaningful targets others just can't identify.

Other than Grundy/De Goey/Stephenson, everyone and everything else would be on the table in a deal for Lukosius.

Interesting Pies, Treloar and Suns number 1 pick story. I think more of a cook up than anything else. But looks like Treloar is a Pies man for life going by his own admission. Hopefully the environment is same for Grundy as it was for Elliott.
Sounds like the Pies asked what it would take the 1 pick and Suns came back with that and then media clickbait began.

Rowell is the number one player in this draft. He'd be the guy. No one plays bigger on the big stage. 44d, 9t 2g in the NAB League Grand Final. Back to back medals in the game, medals in the u17 showcase last year, best on honours v VFL opposition. I like both Rowell and Anderson over Treloar personally in this draft (based on career from now projections). Though in saying that, I'd be moving Treloar for Lukosius instead (if he was agreeable which we know he isn't).

Any one player in the AFL to add to Collingwood's list. I'd want Lukosius. On a short kicking team that honours the lead, he could be a 200 mark a year key forward and he'd kill with his kicking able to break games open and hit meaningful targets others just can't identify.

Other than Grundy/De Goey/Stephenson, everyone and everything else would be on the table in a deal for Lukosius.

It's early days for Lukosius, but are you concerned about his physicality for a KPF? Just doesn't look to hit it very aggressively. I think he seems more suited for defence where his smooth movement and kicking skills could really open things up in transition.

Even Moore?

We got lucky, the trend at that time was teams not wanting to risk high picks on a ruckman that takes 5yrs before he is any good. Then the teams from 10-17 were fine for rucks.

Except GWS who had 5 picks, no obvious good ruckman present or future on their list, yet didn’t choose him. Instead they took 1 - Whitfield 2 - O’Rourke, 3 - Plowman, 12 - Jaksch and 14 - Corr

Take away Whitfield and that’s incompetent drafting. That can be doubled down with their 2014 draft. They had 3 of the top 7 picks. Not a single one of those players is on their list or has come close to playing good football for any club.

Imagine the crap a club would receive if they had 3 picks in top 7 and butchered them all. Unbelievable how many top 15 draft picks they’ve had that have failed completely
Gotta love SOS.

It's early days for Lukosius, but are you concerned about his physicality for a KPF? Just doesn't look to hit it very aggressively. I think he seems more suited for defence where his smooth movement and kicking skills could really open things up in transition.

For Gold Coast, Lukosius looks best suited to playing in defence because they don't honour leadup targets for him to be able to impact games up forward as he can for the Suns.

As a key forward I'd use Lukosius as a Nick Riewoldt/Tom Lynch (Adelaide) type who leads and leads and leads and pushes high up the ground. And he can take 8-12 marks a game in that role, but then kill teams with his kicking and set up meaningful offence whether kicking i50 or taking a mark and then finding a target off half-back. Let him work and work, honour his leads, defenders can't track him all the way up the ground, then stick to him when he pushes hard forward as with prime Riewoldt. And that's how he can be used to maximise his game and make him into Collingwood's most important.

Collingwood have plenty of closer to goal options, and Lukosius because of how he plays can be used alongside a Cox as a deeper options and Mihocek can still co-exist in that same team with them and a De Goey.

A few of their stars look like they're slowing down to me.
ive never rated gaff as high as the others, gets lots of touches but doesnt do much with them.
yeo is a beast but a little inconsistent
id love to have shuey at this club because hes a beast
kelly is a scary prospect at 24yo and going by his prelim is a superstar

Even Moore?

I'd flip Moore for Lukosius in a heartbeat, and I'd give Moore + something else if need be. Particularly given Moore's durability and re-occuring hamstrings. Moving Moore means bringing in another key defender. But there are plenty around. Josh Walker to name one who could be had on the cheap would be a good compliment to Roughead as a stronger type who intercepts on a higher level and is underutilised by Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back