List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Darcy Moore who is a better FF and a better ruck
Dunn can play back and Kelly can push for selection
Much easier to find a defender
Personally l would not be factoring Dunn in at all.
And Darcy is a way better defender than he is a forward

Really? I would say the opposite. 3 speculative picks for an out and out star of the comp! WCE laughing all the way to the bank.

I would’ve demanded 2 top 10s at a minimum

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly isn’t a star.......he will be found out next year after getting his cushy contract.

Bookmark it.

It’s Gubby’s fault.

We need our villains CFC. Didn't you work that out whilst watching Fox footy's pantomine: "Evil Toby Greene" -sorry, I mean the 2019 AFL Finals? Gubby's this boards villain. It doesn't matter if any of us have any idea what he's done or not done, he's wearing the mask and we're booing.

I think we are way too inward thinking if we think Jenkins is a massive upgrade to Cox (perhaps believing the hype and being let down instead of looking at him objectively?). If we enter 2020 with Cox/Mihocek/Jenkins it's pretty much down to form who will get into the side.

Jenkins is a Jesse White type. Obviously a lot better but there's a reason why Adelaide dropped him. He's not the tall target forward that is going to crash a pack. He's the guy you want to be the 2nd or 3rd option. He'll snap a few goals, take a few marks on the lead when it's kicked to him properly. He's more similar to Mihocek, if you take away Mihocek's workrate and add some height and athleticism. He is the poor man's Jeremy Cameron, not a budget Lynch/Hawkins/Ben Brown/Kennedy. I just don't think he fits our profile at all. If we he was a talented enough player or even in the 20-25 age range sure a tall forward with talent to burn, get him in regardless of his type, but he's not.

He’d be cheaper than Cox, salary cap wise and trade wise. We’d get pick 35-45 for Cox and Jenkins should only cost 55 or later. So we’d be moving up 10-20 spots in the draft and saving a couple 100k in a tight salary cap for no net loss on field, there would actually be a gain in ability, not a huge gain but certainly some gain.

Really? I would say the opposite. 3 speculative picks for an out and out star of the comp! WCE laughing all the way to the bank.

I would’ve demanded 2 top 10s at a minimum

I think WCE will be paying a fair price there. Don't forget their first pick isn't that high.

People do tend to overrate draft picks. Yeah pick 1 is great because you know who you'll get but even at pick 4 or below in average drafts is a gamble. I think it's a bit of a trap to think for a A grade player 1 first round is fair. If you don't need that player because of your depth fine but you are basically getting rid of an A-grade player for a lottery ticket for a chance of getting another A-grade player (who don't forget will take a few years to come on).

Tim Kelly I would rate above an "a grade" player he is a special talent and can win the brownlow.

He’d be cheaper than Cox, salary cap wise and trade wise. We’d get pick 35-45 for Cox and Jenkins should only cost 55 or later. So we’d be moving up 10-20 spots in the draft and saving a couple 100k in a tight salary cap for no net loss on field, there would actually be a gain in ability, not a huge gain but certainly some gain.
I think we'd be saving $100k at best. He's on $550k at the moment and wouldn't want to take too big a pay cut (not sure he even can if he's contracted to 2022). I don't see Adelaide paying $200k of it for that long. I honestly think his type is dime a dozen compared to the real get out of jail targets. Honestly Aishole was right he's just a taller version of WHE.

The only similarity to Cox is his ability to chop out in the ruck. I think we'd be going backwards there to be honest. If we were trying to balance money to get a super star then fair enough sacrifices have to be made but I don't think we're getting one. If we were rebuilding yeah do it, I don't think we are though.

How the fu** is Mason Cox on $500k per year?
Derek Hine this is criminal that you sanctioned this.

No wonder we are burdened within cap space.

His contract expiring next season cannot come around quick enough.
Peter Ryan said in tonight's Age podcast that Cox needs to play a grand total of one more game for the trigger for 2021 to be reached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not that bad and you know it. Yes it would be nice to have a very good forward, but from what’s on offer, cox every day of the week thanks
I’d prefer to keep Cox, however, I thought he was on $350k. If it’s cap space we need for the big 3, unfortunately that will take precedence unles she is willing to take. Apay cut. Which I suspect he is not.

Kelly isn’t a star.......he will be found out next year after getting his cushy contract.

Bookmark it.
I disagree. Kelly is a star. He is smooth and skilful and helped Geelong immensely. I love watching him play.

Why would you think he will get found out next year? I’d love to know your reasoning.

Jenkins is not a beast lol. I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again... he is WHE + 20kgs and 15cms, but Will is actually a better 1on1 and contested mark
Nope not falling for it this time, you all told me Leroy was the biggest spud this side of Ireland

Big call. The bloke is a bloody panther. There isn't many I'd want us to recruit before him.

Bookmark it.

He isn’t a Judd who they are comparing this trade to.

That's not what Stevens said at all. He completely refuted the Cox rumour while saying we were still interested in Howard.
No the way he said it he linked the two regardless of it happening or not

I disagree. Kelly is a star. He is smooth and skilful and helped Geelong immensely. I love watching him play.

Why would you think he will get found out next year? I’d love to know your reasoning.

He will get comfortable and his hunger will diminish because he is home.

We need our villains CFC. Didn't you work that out whilst watching Fox footy's pantomine: "Evil Toby Greene" -sorry, I mean the 2019 AFL Finals? Gubby's this boards villain. It doesn't matter if any of us have any idea what he's done or not done, he's wearing the mask and we're booing.
We have to boo someone, and gubby’s as good as any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back