List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Christ, how did we ever get ourselves into the position of paying a former Cat B rookie who had only played 20 games when he was last out of contract $1.5 million over three years? That is absolutely jaw-dropping.
How would we really know, it’s guess work. He could be on that, or it could be 1.2 mill. Or somewhere in between.

He's kicked a 199 goals in the last 4 seasons so who gives a rats arse how he gets them?

Do we have a single player on the books that's done that? Let alone as a key forward?

If he's kicked 180 of them Joe the Goose style then he's turned it into a skill :)

We need a tall forward who can lead and take marks. Not one who sits in the goal square waiting for cheapies.

Why isn't Sidebottom being shopped around. He single handedly let Geelong back into the 1st final. Counted 6 occasions when he ignored 3 or 4 leads outside 50 in hope of hitting the hero pass into the 50. Only to see them picked off with ease.

If he is to say he needs serious coaching. Can't knock his work rate and effort but needs to realiase the team comes first.

I was suprised players kept leading in the Geelong final when he had the ball 70 to 80 out.

We will be having a fire sale.
I can name 3 players off the top of my head already—-Cox, Mayne and Greenwood at the very least won’t be with us post 2020.
It won’t be hard to find $1m
That’s a $1m easily between those three names alone

360AC8FD-8249-419D-9C97-0B3527B1D41A.gif

I can name 3 players off the top of my head already—-Cox, Mayne and Greenwood at the very least won’t be with us post 2020.

Varcoe, Reid, Beams

Howe and Roughead not far behind.

Pay cuts to more moderate levels as is usual for players at the end of their careers for Sidebottom and Pendlebury.

Who ever we lose, we have to replace on the list, so what ever we save in one hand, some or all has to go to the replacement.

Why isn't Sidebottom being shopped around. He single handedly let Geelong back into the 1st final. Counted 6 occasions when he ignored 3 or 4 leads outside 50 in hope of hitting the hero pass into the 50. Only to see them picked off with ease.

If he is to say he needs serious coaching. Can't knock his work rate and effort but needs to realiase the team comes first.

I was suprised players kept leading in the Geelong final when he had the ball 70 to 80 out.

Won the Leon Davis medal in last years GF also. As well as a very poor prelim against GWS this year.

Sorry, but Steele will not be looked at, unless he asks to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked two bags of 4 in the 3 weeks Roughead played up forward

And zero in the other three games including two finals. Theres no doubt we missed Cox at the end. Should we have missed Cox so badly? Probably not, we should have had more alternatives than just Ben Reid. But we were better with Cox in the side than without, of that theres no doubt.

Lets not forget that the teams we played in home and away after Cox was injured were the Suns, Crows, Demons and Bombers before the finals Of course we were better..........our opposition was the weakest four week run we played all year

Last edited:
If Ned can keep all of Pendles, DeGoey, Moore, Grundy + Sign J.Cameron or B.King next year then he should have a statue out the front of the Holden Centre.
I think we can forget about Jeremy and king, we will need Grundy to leave to have a chance get them.

List management at the club not the best. But the most frustrating thing is that we take the game on at speed we look unstoppable and all our forwards look like world beaters.

Then we revert to the stake, stagnant, position crap our forwards look like duds.

Surely we need a new direction in the coaches box.

List management at the club not the best. But the most frustrating thing is that we take the game on at speed we look unstoppable and all our forwards look like world beaters.

Then we revert to the stake, stagnant, position crap our forwards look like duds.

Surely we need a new direction in the coaches box.
No, that's utter crap, a couple of quicks in the midfield fixes what you are talking about, and perhaps another playmaker (Quaynor?) out back, we've seen Buckley's game plan and we were on target to beat a 100+ year old record for 1st quarters before the injuries stacked up, you are talking about players NOT executing his plan... you're account looks like a Buckley troll account

Add Reid, Varcoe and Dunn (if he is with us in 2020) plus a couple of others and there will be close to another million there. I know we need to bring players in to replace them, but the residual difference is likely to be in our favour.

Leroy was aggressive, I could get around recruiting someone who hadn’t performed but showed heart. Jenkins is a pea heart.
You don't walk out on that ground with a pea heart, 199 goals in 4 seasons, who have we got that does that?

Where did he say that?
Possibly sometime in the 12 hours of airtime they have to fill during Trade Radio during a slowish and long trade period. Seriously they need to trim the hours of content they make because they end up just airing s**t and going in circles in discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back