List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn’t the point. The point is the only reason that Essendon are attracting players is because they have cash to burn and they’re throwing it around like idiots instead of making sound recruiting decisions.
You made multiple points and I responded to one of them...

Bailey Dale's playing style is almost identical to The Bont. Just no-where near as good, at this stage. :persevere:

Unless we trade out a De Goey or Treloar... We won’t have the draft picks to nab a top 10 forward any time soon. And there are no other A grade forwards out there to trade in for 2021 except B Brown with his dicky knee.

So it’s B grade talent... either a Wright, Schache, Wooller or pluck a player from the state leagues like Keitel.

We have to do something. We’re a top 8 team but bottom 5 for marks inside 50. And that stat will only get worse if De Goey gets a lot more midfield minutes in 2021
The absolute last thing I want is another Quinton lynch, jesse white or karnezis etc

I'd rather off load some players like phillips and whe and just go into the draft, maybe do some pick swaps to get higher in the draft and then focus our energy on Will Kelly, his still very young and looked good in his 1 game before the injury

I think the comparison, as others have noted, is Petracca. Goodwin messed around with him for a few years, and Petracca himself was never consistent until this year. Prior to this year he was sub-20 disposals (full-length games too) and sub-1 goal per game. He's now a full-time mid and crushes it.

I think De Goey could be a legit midfielder if he's given the chance. If Treloar goes I would like to see it.

I'd like to see it with Treloar staying. Send Treloar to a wing and give De Goey the centre clearances. It makes me wonder if that's the thought process behind the Gunston trade rumours. Gunston replaces De Goeys impact forward, and we get the clearance mid we've been screaming out for.

We need to be careful of having enough points for Daicos jnr mk2 as if he is bid on in top 3 we may need to go into 2022 first round deficit if we trade out our first round.

Well be trading a few out over the next couple of years and there's also the option of using 2022 picks to bolster our points tally for the 2021 draft.

Can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Why not go for Josh Jenkins if we're trading in nothing tall forwards?
I don’t want either, but if l had a choice that’s who l would go with

I'd still take Caldwell over Phillips. Phillips is part of our problem in that he panics and turns the ball over way too much. I dont think opposition teams are overly concerned when the ball is in his hands.
Get rid of phillips.forget Caldwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You made multiple points and I responded to one of them...
No, I made one point then another poster started talking about Phillips’ salary in comparison to Caldwell and I responded to it. All of goes back to the main point that Essendon are only attracting players because of the cash they’re splashing. Player comparisons are a different discussion altogether.

Richmond's Indigenous boys (except Rioli) played very well last night. Kept their feet, fast, put pressure on Cats. I'd love that in our team.
Shai Bolton is developing into one hell of a player.

It’s annoying that we were supposedly looking to take him with our first pick that year, but Richmond got in a couple of picks before us and we ended up with Sam McLarty....

Agreed. Everytime i think its a bad idea to consider him i recall the night he kicked a bag on Rance in his first year and was clunking them like Rance was a schoolboy. Granted his headspace and form have regressed, but his best is what we are crying out for. Has the penny dropped or is he happy to piss his career away at Freo playing WAFL footy

Hogan then and Hogan now are two different animals. That drive doesn't seem to be there any longer.

It’s annoying that we were supposedly looking to take him with our first pick that year, but Richmond got in a couple of picks before us and we ended up with Sam McLarty....
-
I was Very Pissed that Happened as I was and still am a Big Bolton Fan

There were also rumours that we were inquiring about trade.

word that pies and dogs are gonna do a deal with the NGA bids, hence why Schache or Dale is being thrown in.

Dale would be excellent steak knives. He has beautiful skills and can play any of the flanks and wing. Bucks comments about needing high half forwards makes me think we'd have interest in Dale, and Hine liked him in his draft year. TBH i'm surprised WB would need to sweeten the deal, but great work from us if we swing it.

Was watching some 2014 highlights earlier — geez, Sam Dwyer seemed alright back then. Why didn‘t anyone pick him up after we delisted him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back