Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron has dropped out-of-form forward Stevie Johnson and was unable to pick fellow attacker Devon Smith because of a knee injury.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/09/07/giants-ponder-late-changes-afl-final

I just think people are reading into his form a bit too much from this year. He is a good player who would make us better.

I know that he doesn't fit the big bodied midfielder type people are obsessed with on this board, but he is an upgrade on at least 2 players in our best 22 and is at a good age for our list.
We were at our best when we had our small forwards in form, if our game style is dependent on these guys, id like to upgrade to the best available, who appears to be interested in coming to us.
To be honest I'm winding you up because I have very little knowledge of the bloke :p

This Lever stuff is borderline bush league. Adelaide chucking the baby out with the cot and Lever camp sticking to their 'I'm going home for family reasons...' line. Serious amateur hour.

On a side note: I can't wait to see what Melbourne are going to have to cough up for him. And that's not me having a go at Melbourne, just honestly interested in what they are definitely going to have to part with. Whilst the price tag salary wise is arguable, what they lose re: draft picks has the potential to be huge. This wont get done quickly.

Melbourne must really think they're in for a tilt and their list is in good nick. Fascinating.
I wonder if we can weasel our way into the Lever deal and land a player like Petracca?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For context for those who cbf clicking:

Nick Dal Santo: ZACH MERRETT TO ST KILDA

“You sit here and you’re laughing at me, but this time last year for you to tell me that Sam Mitchell was leaving Hawthorn, Jordan Lewis was leaving...

“They’ve got picks 7 and 8. They can give him whatever they want, they’ve got enough money. They can send a little bit across the city.

“Zach Merrett to St Kilda would be a perfect, perfect deal.”

Christ

clubs need more power in trading... this situation where a player nominates a club and then they get held to ransom is total bs

It'll never be 50/50 though but something must be done about top 20 draft picks - clubs should have rights to keep at discounted salary for 7 years, same with free agency, if North proposes 1 million to Dustin Martin, Tigers only have to pay 750k to match (as examples)

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

Just that he is not good at either forward or mid?

And i think you would need to be drunk to have that opinion.
Pretty much. From the limited exposure I've seen of him he looks ok but doesn't do either particularly well and as a result gets shifted between.

Every now and then he'll bob up, play a ripper game and you'll remember why you like him. But most of the time he'll plod along.

Like Howlett, albeit with more ability.

Who knows. I could be wrong.

I've read many stupid things in my lifetime.

I like you, Dal Santo, but what you just said is not just one of, it is the single most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

How's the equivalency he draws between a 30 and 33 year old Lewis and Mitchell being traded by Hawthorne, and us trading the 22 year old Merrett? There's a reason everyone would laugh Dal Santo, you muppet - it's beyond insane, stupid and unlikely. It's so far beyond that it's at a point that doesn't yet have a word to describe it.

The endless infinity of trade suggestions, it is.

I've read many stupid things in my lifetime.

I like you, Dal Santo, but what you just said is not just one of, it is the single most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

How's the equivalency he draws between a 30 and 33 year old Lewis and Mitchell being traded by Hawthorne, and us trading the 22 year old Merrett? There's a reason everyone would laugh Dal Santo, you muppet - it's beyond insane, stupid and unlikely. It's so far beyond that it's at a point that doesn't yet have a word to describe it.

The endless infinity of trade suggestions, it is.
It is the very definition of delusional pearler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back