List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency IX

Remove this Banner Ad

staaation

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
If we've now got a player like Perkins who can do that, I don't see why we shouldn't try to use Langford's size to our advantage.
we tried for years to do that and only stunted his development and killed his confidence. He's good enough as a forward (one of our best set shots) that he can easily rotate with someone like perkins (who has played one game)

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
Because it is a midfield art. He has been tried.
Noticed Cox was putting a few on last night.
3 games in, built like a gazelle and he's putting blocks on against Sydney mids. I love this kid
Perkins looks solid enough too.

Seemed McGrath and Parish played more negating roles for much of last night to free up the run from the likes of Merrett, Hind and co.

We really do need a bull in there. It's been a painful decade watching Parker beat up on us. Exact player we need.

iPhone

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2008
On the move
AFL Club
Essendon
I think we should be focusing on drafting in talent rather than making a play for a big name. I think it's fair to assume we will be in the bottom 6 again this year, if Merrett leaves on FA, then we could end up with two ten picks again, plus we have the option of trading out our 2022 first rounder to try and get another one.

If we can draft in 6 top ten picks in the space of two years... Jeez that's exciting.

ghostdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Big inside mid he is 181cms same size as Caldwell and from all reports is considered to be a HFF/Mid similar to perkins
The small midfield issue can be solved if Cox and Perkins make it as wingers. Two players that do have some marking power.
I ust hope we can find a decent sized player that can block. We actually have a few decent clearance players.
Riley Collier-Dawkins? 193cm inside mid, 2018 draft. Can't get a game at Richmond...

MarkJohnson#1

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australia | Liverpool
Adam Cerra been mentioned in this thread yet? Ticks a lot of boxes and wants to return to Melbourne. Obviously a plan B behind Dunkley but I get the feeling we’ve missed the boat there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
I noticed Dodoro and Silvani leaving the SCG together. Does SOS have a role at Essendon?

On CPH2065 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brings the lasagne for HT.

Adam Cerra been mentioned in this thread yet? Ticks a lot of boxes and wants to return to Melbourne. Obviously a plan B behind Dunkley but I get the feeling we’ve missed the boat there...
Would be a pricey one. Great kid though. Can see him landing at the Dees. Would be a nice compliment to Oliver & Tracc.

Remove this Banner Ad