AFL Club
Essendon
Couple of weird options

But I guess a midsize defender not we need and a KPF could help
From Foxsports
Alec Waterman (Claremont – WAFL)

Position: General forward (182cm, 88kg)

Average Champion Data ranking points: 111

A second crack at an AFL career looms. Waterman, the son of dual premiership Eagle Chris Waterman, spent two seasons on West Coast’s list, but his stint was ruined by illness. After a few solid seasons for Claremont, Waterman has surged into AFL draft contention in 2020, winning the club’s best and fairest award. This season he kicked 26.13 from 10 games, led the league for average score involvements (6.1) and was clearly the top-ranked general forward by averaging 20 more ranking points than the next best. Several clubs, including WA-based Fremantle, have been keeping an eye on Waterman throughout the season.
Shame he isn't 20cm taller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boncer34

Formerly "Doss"
Jul 11, 2005
Baghdad
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm

Nifft

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I knew a couple of people that had had glandular fever and they both told me it took them a couple years to get back to feeling normal. One was my Dad's girlfriend and she was old and pretty unfit, but the other guy competed in downhill mountain bike and he said it was the hardest thing he had to overcome, and he'd had some pretty bad injuries.

'51 Bewick

All Australian
Feb 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks
I had Glandular Fever in my late 20's. I was still involved in long distance running and playing footy so quite fit. It is a hideous virus that leaves you struggling to breath and weak as a kitten. It definitely takes at least a couple of years to completely recover.

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
So in an intra club for Brisbane JoeD has kicked 3 goals in the first quarter matched up on Harris Andrews

He hasnt missed a beat with training

How do we stuff things up so badly

TheGrizz

Spec Moderator
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
So in an intra club for Brisbane JoeD has kicked 3 goals in the first quarter matched up on Harris Andrews

We clearly got his body right by the end of last season.

Brisbane will get the credit but the bulk of his recovery was already done.

Joe clearly just wanted a change in scenery, and it has done him a world of good.

The Dustbin

Loyal & Proud EFC Member
Feb 24, 2004
Allan T. Hird Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Canterbury, 49ers,Lakers

Might have something to do with his actual attitude and application. It was a January intra club practice match FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad