List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency IX

Remove this Banner Ad

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Now that the VFL side has signed Kyle Dunkley and Joe Atley, I can't wait for the brother trade speculation all year...only for us to go and get Shaun Atley.

It's a sign of where the main list is at that the first 2 players signed are inside pigs.

By my count the only genuine inside midfielder/extractor/first touch distributor on the list is Clarke.

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
It's a sign of where the main list is at that the first 2 players signed are inside pigs.

By my count the only genuine inside midfielder/extractor/first touch distributor on the list is Clarke.
I think it's more of a sign that we've lost most of our inside mids from 2019 (Heppell, McKenna, Hocking, possibly Aylett) and are trying to replace them

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I think it's more of a sign that we've lost most of our inside mids from 2019 (Heppell, McKenna, Hocking, possibly Aylett) and are trying to replace them

The most important parts of the VFL list will always be what we don't have in the reserve in the AFL list.

It's also the selling point for players who would have high values.

Hey Kyle, Jo, come and play for us. You wont even be competing with anyone for a game each week.

Meaning that they get maximum opportunity to try to get themselves back on AFL lists.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
The most important parts of the VFL list will always be what we don't have in the reserve in the AFL list.

It's also the selling point for players who would have high values.

Hey Kyle, Jo, come and play for us. You wont even be competing with anyone for a game each week.

Meaning that they get maximum opportunity to try to get themselves back on AFL lists.
I was talking to eth-dog earlier today and we’d hoped to sign a former vic country representative to “play a role” for us. He’d declined more on the basis that the season won’t go ahead but as you suggest, merely a sign we need players to fill those roles at the level below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone is eligible, just about every player going for those last list spots around club land are already signed to lower grades.
I think they're not eligible via SSP/MSD if they're in one of the northern academies as a 19yo. But that's the only rule I can think of that might apply, unless there's something similar with WA/SA colts.

Megabattimus

Senior List
Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah he's Jake Waterman's older brother. He'd definitely still be at West Coast if he hadn't gotten glandular fever years ago when he was on their list.
Their loss is our gain...assuming we do the right thing and sign him.

Remove this Banner Ad