Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
8-12 would be fine now that we can actually use it and have enough time to plan for him leaving.
Equally, it will probably be flipped for a prime time CHB which we’re desperate for so the value of the pick will prob be negligible for us.
If Josh plays the role he did last year again, he will barely be worth a top 15 pick. The fact he is contracted is mitigated by the fact that if he asks for a trade 2 years in row it becomes hard to keep him.

Top 25 pick more likey. Though i wouldnt be surprised if other clubs are sniffing around now he is potentially gettable, and no guarantee he wants fo come to us again considering we couldnt get it done last year

If Josh plays the role he did last year again, he will barely be worth a top 15 pick. The fact he is contracted is mitigated by the fact that if he asks for a trade 2 years in row it becomes hard to keep him.

Top 25 pick more likey. Though i wouldnt be surprised if other clubs are sniffing around now he is potentially gettable, and no guarantee he wants fo come to us again considering we couldnt get it done last year
If a top 25 pick is what’s on offer, then he will just be retained once again you’d assume. He’s still contracted so it won’t matter. Bevo is stubborn and Power is even more so. He’s not being let go for anything close to that. They’d sit him in the VFL for a year before that.

Hmmm too much for Dunkley ordinarily but an absolute need for us. Tough call to make should that eventuate.

I think we'd be looking for some not insignificant change in that hypothetical exchange.

If a top 25 pick is what’s on offer, then he will just be retained once again you’d assume. He’s still contracted so it won’t matter. Bevo is stubborn and Power is even more so. He’s not being let go for anything close to that. They’d sit him in the VFL for a year before that.
No he wouldn’t. What you’re saying never happens and the AFLPA would be up in arms if Dunkley is omitted from the 22 this year and then Dogs refuse to deal for a fair offer.

Only Essendon would hold onto a player against his will.

No he wouldn’t. What you’re saying never happens and the AFLPA would be up in arms if Dunkley is omitted from the 22 this year and then Dogs refuse to deal for a fair offer.

Only Essendon would hold onto a player against his will.
Absolutely he would’ve dealt for a fair offer. And I didn’t say he’d be omitted all fo this year. He’s more than likely to be in hot competition for the last few spots in our midfield and there’s every chance he gets dropped a few times.

what I said was that if you offered pick 25 for him at the end of this year we’d laugh, say no and if he cracked the shits he would have to stay loyal to his contract and play his footy for Footscray in the VFL. Tough t***ies. There’s literally nothing the AFLPA can say about that.

His brother at Essendon magoos doesn’t hurt.

what I said was that if you offered pick 25 for him at the end of this year we’d laugh, say no and if he cracked the shits he would have to stay loyal to his contract and play his footy for Footscray in the VFL. Tough t***ies. There’s literally nothing the AFLPA can say about that.

That's actually not true.

Josh signed the contract. He will have opportunity to play football, form and fitness pending. If we don’t get a fair offer then the AFLPA cannot intervene.

Happy for you to clarify though?
Who said intervene?

Who said intervene?
I’m not sure what else Jade would be implying. He’s a contracted player.

This feels like a cyclical convo regardless though so I’m happy to put a white flag up and end the discussion.

Hopefully Josh plays great footy this year and falls in love with the dogs again but if not, then I hope a fair offer arises and he gets what he wants. Win - Win for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh signed the contract. He will have opportunity to play football, form and fitness pending. If we don’t get a fair offer then the AFLPA cannot intervene.

Happy for you to clarify though?

Paraphrasing, but correct me if I'm wrong - you said that 'if pick 25 was offered, the dogs would laugh at it, and Dunkley would spend 2022 playing in the 2's, and the AFLPA can do nothing about it'.

Is that an accurate paraphrase?

Paraphrasing, but correct me if I'm wrong - you said that 'if pick 25 was offered, the dogs would laugh at it, and Dunkley would spend 2022 playing in the 2's, and the AFLPA can do nothing about it'.

Is that an accurate paraphrase?
Direct quote: “what I said was that if you offered pick 25 for him at the end of this year we’d laugh, say no and if he cracked the shits he would have to stay loyal to his contract and play his footy for Footscray in the VFL. Tough t***ies. There’s literally nothing the AFLPA can say about that.”

Note the ‘if Josh cracks the shits’ part. He’s a WB player til the end of his contract. I never said he’d be thrown to Footscray because he asked for a trade. I meant if he cracked the shits and wouldn’t play ball with the team.

Direct quote: “what I said was that if you offered pick 25 for him at the end of this year we’d laugh, say no and if he cracked the shits he would have to stay loyal to his contract and play his footy for Footscray in the VFL. Tough t***ies. There’s literally nothing the AFLPA can say about that.”

Note the ‘if Josh cracks the shits’ part. He’s a WB player til the end of his contract. I never said he’d be thrown to Footscray because he asked for a trade. I meant if he cracked the shits and wouldn’t play ball with the team.

Ok, and here's why you're wrong.

Regardless of whether he cracks the shits, Dunkley (and any other player) has the right to a safe and harassment free work environment.

If he goes to the 2's as per your hypothetical situation, and racks up 40 touches a week ragdolling state leaguers - he will have a case by which he can allege bullying or harassment. Hell, he could get 5 touches a game and still approach the AFLPA (though I suspect his chances of success are slim).

And the AFLPA CBA specifically allows for raising of a grievance that - make no mistake - he'd win.

He'd be released from his contract, the Bulldogs would be heavily penalised for breach of contract - christ, even sued.

That's why your 'he's contracted, club can do what they want' view is just flat out incorrect. They can't.

I'd definitely give a first rounder based on potential alone even if Dunkley has a season like last year (unless he has a major season ending injury), but it has to be a reasonable deal.
If Bevo plays around with Dunkley, then it's unreasonable to expect us to give up a top 10 pick. I'd be ok with giving up a mid to late first.

Our 2022 first would be ideal given we won't really need it with one of the Davey twins a potential first rounder. Dogs may be open to that given this year's top draftees are mostly mids (which dogs don't need more of) and 2022 could have more KPPs.

Ok, and here's why you're wrong.

Regardless of whether he cracks the shits, Dunkley (and any other player) has the right to a safe and harassment free work environment.

If he goes to the 2's as per your hypothetical situation, and racks up 40 touches a week ragdolling state leaguers - he will have a case by which he can allege bullying or harassment. Hell, he could get 5 touches a game and still approach the AFLPA (though I suspect his chances of success are slim).

And the AFLPA CBA specifically allows for raising of a grievance that - make no mistake - he'd win.

He'd be released from his contract, the Bulldogs would be heavily penalised for breach of contract - christ, even sued.

That's why your 'he's contracted, club can do what they want' view is just flat out incorrect. They can't.
Wait, wait, wait. Why is his workplace no longer safe or harassment free? Was Joe not safe nor harassment free when held to his contract as DoDo so emphatically stated?

At what point is he being bullied also? Plenty of huge assumptions there that are incredibly unfounded and pretty ridiculous.

Also, I said he’s contracted and must stay loyal to the contract he signed. Not ‘the club can do whatever they want’.

You’re trying to rumble up an argument that isn’t there haha.

I'd definitely give a first rounder based on potential alone even if Dunkley has a season like last year (unless he has a major season ending injury), but it has to be a reasonable deal.
If Bevo plays around with Dunkley, then it's unreasonable to expect us to give up a top 10 pick. I'd be ok with giving up a mid to late first.

Our 2022 first would be ideal given we won't really need it with one of the Davey twins a potential first rounder. Dogs may be open to that given this year's top draftees are mostly mids (which dogs don't need more of) and 2022 could have more KPPs.
I think that might be a good solution. As I said before, we’d just be on selling it for a CHB so it won’t matter too much to us.

Should we shake now and lock it in?

Wait, wait, wait. Why is his workplace no longer safe or harassment free? Was Joe not safe nor harassment free when held to his contract as DoDo so emphatically stated?

At what point is he being bullied also? Plenty of huge assumptions there that are incredibly unfounded and pretty ridiculous.

Also, I said he’s contracted and must stay loyal to the contract he signed. Not ‘the club can do whatever they want’.

You’re trying to rumble up an argument that isn’t there haha.

Daniher was literally in to the seniors the instant he was fit.

Daniher didn't claim he was being unfairly treated (which Dunkley most certainly would if he was denied a trade two years running and was then forced to play in the VFL).

And no that's NOT what you said. You gave a very clear assessment of what you thought would happen in that hypothetical scenario.

The club would laugh, Dunkley would play his last year out in the 2's. No ifs or buts - that's what you said.

And I told you, that your assessment was wrong, and why.

Wait, wait, wait. Why is his workplace no longer safe or harassment free?

Just for extra context here:

Because the Dogs are quite literally treating him poorly because he asked for a trade (in your hypothetical scenario).

I'd struggle to think of a more open/shut case of bullying.

Daniher was literally in to the seniors the instant he was fit.

Daniher didn't claim he was being unfairly treated (which Dunkley most certainly would if he was denied a trade two years running and was then forced to play in the VFL).

And no that's NOT what you said. You gave a very clear assessment of what you thought would happen in that hypothetical scenario.

The club would laugh, Dunkley would play his last year out in the 2's. No ifs or buts - that's what you said.

And I told you, that your assessment was wrong, and why.
If he cracked the shits. Quote properly and with context or you’ll look silly! It was right there and I’d literally quoted it for you already.

Sorry, but a club is not gonna be sued because a player decided he wanted to break contract and the club couldn’t facilitate a trade because someone was offering grossly undervalued (pick 25). It’s a dumb hypothetical regardless because he won’t be traded for that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back