Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Pretty much. They have 17 that do it. We have 3 some weeks and a few more other weeks.
17 and one dusty

They probably rotate between 6/7 out of 10. We have players who go 1 to 10

Kinda like Barcelona everyone do the basic s**t right then give it to Messi

If we've now got a player like Perkins who can do that, I don't see why we shouldn't try to use Langford's size to our advantage.
we tried for years to do that and only stunted his development and killed his confidence. He's good enough as a forward (one of our best set shots) that he can easily rotate with someone like perkins (who has played one game)

Because it is a midfield art. He has been tried.
Noticed Cox was putting a few on last night.
3 games in, built like a gazelle and he's putting blocks on against Sydney mids. I love this kid
Perkins looks solid enough too.

Seemed McGrath and Parish played more negating roles for much of last night to free up the run from the likes of Merrett, Hind and co.

We really do need a bull in there. It's been a painful decade watching Parker beat up on us. Exact player we need.

I think we should be focusing on drafting in talent rather than making a play for a big name. I think it's fair to assume we will be in the bottom 6 again this year, if Merrett leaves on FA, then we could end up with two ten picks again, plus we have the option of trading out our 2022 first rounder to try and get another one.

If we can draft in 6 top ten picks in the space of two years... Jeez that's exciting.

Big inside mid he is 181cms same size as Caldwell and from all reports is considered to be a HFF/Mid similar to perkins
The small midfield issue can be solved if Cox and Perkins make it as wingers. Two players that do have some marking power.
I ust hope we can find a decent sized player that can block. We actually have a few decent clearance players.
Riley Collier-Dawkins? 193cm inside mid, 2018 draft. Can't get a game at Richmond...

Riley Collier-Dawkins? 193cm inside mid, 2018 draft. Can't get a game at Richmond...
I guess clubs will be looking at him again. I have not seen much of his VFL but one Richmond supporter I know pretty well does not really rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed Dodoro and Silvani leaving the SCG together. Does SOS have a role at Essendon?

On CPH2065 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brings the lasagne for HT.

Adam Cerra been mentioned in this thread yet? Ticks a lot of boxes and wants to return to Melbourne. Obviously a plan B behind Dunkley but I get the feeling we’ve missed the boat there...
Would be a pricey one. Great kid though. Can see him landing at the Dees. Would be a nice compliment to Oliver & Tracc.

Get me Conor Stone.

Ever since hearing Rendell talk about him on draft night he was a player I took an interest in. Rendell liked the size, competitiveness and explosive burst in traffic. I think he had him top 10 last year.

Not a prolific debut but he's a genuine bull if that is anything to go by. From distance looks a lot like Ryan Griffen and seems to play in a similar way.

Last edited:
Get me Conor Stone.

Every since hearing Rendell talk about him on draft night he was a player I took an interest in. Rendell liked the size, competitiveness and explosive burst in traffic. I think he had him top 10 last year.

Not a prolific debut but he's a genuine bull if that is anything to go by. From distance looks a lot like Ryan Griffen and seems to play in a similar way.
He was linked to us. I wonder if he was plan B if perkins went early.

Wonder if GWS bank some senior(ish) talent and build on their youth again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back