Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
I'd also be keen make inquiries after Lipinski and Tom Green. Green would be brilliant but I think GWS would be hard to deal with McCartney seems like a toss.
Don't think GWS love dealing with us either haha, so they'd probably play hardball on dealing Green. Also, with Kelly looking like he may want a fresh start, if he leaves I think they might look to keep him (even though they obviously play different). Plus, knowing how hard they played with Caldwell, they'll probably look for exactly the same return in terms of a trade for Green. On that, I think we're probably just better off going to the draft to find a young mid. Lipinski is an interesting option though, but there'd be at least half a dozen teams (if not more) looking at him too.

Has Brodie been injured ?
I have not been a fan but he did a heap of work pre season and was in the best shape he has been in but I notice he has been out of the side since round 3.
I see he had 31 touches in the VFL last week.

23 games in 4 years and still can’t break into the side, can’t imagine Brodie would cost much in a trade. If anything would be good depth for us. Probably just needs a good crack at it instead of being dropped, he obviously has some deficiencies but if we use him right could be another good value cheap trade like Wright.

Has Brodie been injured ?
I have not been a fan but he did a heap of work pre season and was in the best shape he has been in but I notice he has been out of the side since round 3.
I see he had 31 touches in the VFL last week.

He had 41 and 10 tackles today. I haven’t really liked what I’ve seen in the past (albeit very little recent form) but the numbers look pretty good.

I'd also be keen make inquiries after Lipinski and Tom Green. Green would be brilliant but I think GWS would be hard to deal with McCartney seems like a toss.

We can use the patented Dodo "recruit the brother, bait the trap" method we're trying with the Dunkleys by picking up Tom's brother Josh in the MSD. Looks a handy enough player.

I still think we need another mature ruckman. Phillips struggles to stay fit.

Luke Strnadica is dominating the WAFL after being cut by Freo. Oliver Eastland is another that I've liked for a long time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think we need another mature ruckman. Phillips struggles to stay fit.

Luke Strnadica is dominating the WAFL after being cut by Freo. Oliver Eastland is another that I've liked for a long time now.

You could almost make a case for selecting a raw 18 ear old in the rookie draft. Bryan is close to being a #2 and Draper very clearly our #1.

Phillips in no mans land imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How medium defender when we have four in Laverde, Francis, Ridley and Redman, with Gleeson in reserve? Not enough?
Medium forward I'm looking at Langford and Stringer mainly, so I get that.
I agree, our medium defender stocks are pretty solid so it's not that high of a priority. You also throw in Heppell into that now too as I don't see him returning back to the middle with the players we have in there now. Clear need for a big bodied mid but I also think another KPD wouldn't go astray. Whether that's through the draft or hunting around for someone on a list that is fringe and can't break into the 22.

How medium defender when we have four in Laverde, Francis, Ridley and Redman, with Gleeson in reserve? Not enough?
Redman isn't a medium defender

Redman isn't a medium defender
Comes in at 187cm, not sure what you classify as a medium defender height wise but I think at that height it sure puts him in the frame haha. Only 3cm shorter than Heppell who plays on the medium/smalls. Height only plays a part though, if you look at who he plays on he tends to move between those smalls/med forwards though.

Comes in at 187cm, not sure what you classify as a medium defender height wise but I think at that height it sure puts him in the frame haha. Only 3cm shorter than Heppell who plays on the medium/smalls. Height only plays a part though, if you look at who he plays on he tends to move between those smalls/med forwards though.
I define mediums in the way they play. He plays on small forwards, isn't really an intercept player, rebounds with speed. He's a small

Stated earlier but someone who can eventually move up to the wing. Runs all day, reasonably good skills. None of those you listed are going to be wingman imho

Do we really need another wingman when we've got Cox, Ham and Langford?
Cox looks like a definite lock for that position for the future. Ham has been consistent and is constantly improving but the jury is still out as to whether he can lockdown that spot/his place in the team IMO. Signs are positive but I think if someone else came through and they could play that other wing he may find himself in competition. He's a strong two way runner though, just needs a little more size and to find more confidence. I am finding I am growing to like him as a player though.

Not sure Langford is a wingman. Think he suits being thrown in the middle every so often, plus rotating up forward as he can kick a goal or two at times.

I’m not completely sold on a ham despite his improvement, Cox could end up anywhere and Langford, well, there is always room to improve your team/list.

If Essendon were completely sold to they would've locked him into a longer contract too. Obvious sign they want to see him continue to grow/improve and possibly that they're still looking around for the right mix/players to throw on the wings.

What do you see as our prioritised needs, ant555?
I would have thought;
Big mid
KPF
Small rebounding defender

...and do I take your comment to mean you're not sold on Dunkley?
We need a solid midfielder but not necessarily a clearance midfielder. Need some who will do a bit of blocking for Parish and Shiel. I would be looking at best available with the first pick and going from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back