Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Cox looks like a definite lock for that position for the future. Ham has been consistent and is constantly improving but the jury is still out as to whether he can lockdown that spot/his place in the team IMO. Signs are positive but I think if someone else came through and they could play that other wing he may find himself in competition. He's a strong two way runner though, just needs a little more size and to find more confidence. I am finding I am growing to like him as a player though.

Not sure Langford is a wingman. Think he suits being thrown in the middle every so often, plus rotating up forward as he can kick a goal or two at times.
Langford is a flanker / wing. Has played all his best footy when not asked to play a big body in the middle.

We need a solid midfielder but not necessarily a clearance midfielder.

What would a player of that type look like in either the junior ranks or in the state leagues? Would they be playing that role already or would they just have the attributes to play that role?

What would a player of that type look like in either the junior ranks or in the state leagues? Would they be playing that role already or would they just have the attributes to play that role?
They are out there in both. Very easy to pick as they are looking to block or shepherd. If Dylan Clarke could kick he is the ideal type. And yes they do have to be able to kick even if they are playing the blocking role.

I define mediums in the way they play. He plays on small forwards, isn't really an intercept player, rebounds with speed. He's a small
Perhaps he plays on smalls because he can and we have one small defender? Doesn't play the intercept role because we have a strong intercepting defender already. He's big enough to play as a medium, but circumstance has conspired. He can play both.

Quick look at his profile and “clean”, “one touch”, “big” (191cm) are all things that I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what we need i am not settled on Sinn quiet yet looks HBF/Mid similar to McGrath

Worried about Horne/Draper pissing off back to SA

Perhaps he plays on smalls because he can and we have one small defender? Doesn't play the intercept role because we have a strong intercepting defender already. He's big enough to play as a medium, but circumstance has conspired. He can play both.
He played as a small even when McKenna and Saad were in the side. He's always played as a small rather than a medium

Josh Kelly back in good form after a role change. Would be a substantial upgrade for Ham on a wing. Although the deal he is on is mind blowing...

Main list only

Retire - Hooker

Delist - Zaka, Cutler, Ambrose and Phillips

Trade - Hurley for a 2nd or 3rd. (most likely a third)

4 year extension - Merrett

3 year extension - Jones, Parish and Stringer

2 year extension - Bryan, Laverde and Redman

1 year extension - Cahill, Guelfi, Johnson, Mozzie and Zerk-Thatcher

Gives us 6 spots to fill.

Use our first round pick hopefully on Tyler Sonsie and upgrade Snelling and maybe look at a free agent to fill a void.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main list only

Retire - Hooker

Delist - Zaka, Cutler, Ambrose and Phillips

Trade - Hurley for a 2nd or 3rd. (most likely a third)

4 year extension - Merrett

3 year extension - Jones, Parish and Stringer

2 year extension - Bryan, Laverde and Redman

1 year extension - Cahill, Guelfi, Johnson, Mozzie and Zerk-Thatcher

Gives us 6 spots to fill.

Use our first round pick hopefully on Tyler Sonsie and upgrade Snelling and maybe look at a free agent to fill a void.
If Hooker can kick 35-40+ this year, I think he deserves to go around for another year. It'll give Jones another year to work the game out/gain more confidence. Hopefully by then we'll have worked out just who is going to be the number one big man down there too, whether that's Wright (if he can come on/deliver more) or we find a big forward around.

I agree with the delistings, possibly bar Phillips who I think if we can keep just for depth behind Draper & Bryan. Wright is an ok pinch-hit option but obviously the desire is to play him purely forward.

Hurley is an interesting one. If he can get his body right again, I think he can bring something to our backline - especially if he can find form again. On the other hand, if Stewart can solidify his place as a KPD and Francis can find consistency without getting injured than I think maybe Hurley misses out. This is largely pending he can get his body right though. Plus, with the anticipation that Reid plays more next year, that also somewhat hinders Hurley's chances of reclaiming his spot in the best 22. Not sure what his value on the trade table would be, especially now considering the depth/seriousness of his injury and how long it has kept him out. It'd maybe be late 2nd or 3rd, even then it's hard to say.

Those extensions I agree with. I'm sure we'd even look at going a little longer, possibly four years for Jones, Parish & Stringer as they probably warrant it. Laverde definitely deserves an extension!

Those one-year options/players you've listed next to them, pending we can't find better options for depth out there I wouldn't be to stressed around any of them maybe bar Guelfi who is "ok" at times.

I had him as retire, not delist.

Think he hangs them up although this new mark rule might have extended his career.
Doesn't look like he wants to retire by the way he is playing haha, he still looks hungry to play and contribute. The move up forward looks to have rejuvenated him a little + dropping a few kgs has helped too.

We could be heading into a tough period now for our young list. Struggled to run out that game against Carlton. Back to back big games with Coll week before. Not a great deal putting their hand up in the reserves but might need to chop out some of the younger guys to give them a break this week.

Cutler, Zaka, Francis in this week?

We could be heading into a tough period now for our young list. Struggled to run out that game against Carlton. Back to back big games with Coll week before. Not a great deal putting their hand up in the reserves but might need to chop out some of the younger guys to give them a break this week.

Cutler is injured

It's not a priority in the sense that we're not going to invest anything substantial in the position but we do need to look at another ruckman.

The story of Phillips' 10 years in the game is that his body can't cope. It's not contact injuries but just constant niggles. There's not much point having him on the list if he's not ready to go when we need him.

I'm otherwise not desperate to see the back of him. He's a good style of backup because he just competes and provides a reliable physical presence.

I reckon Cox may get a rest before Perkins, but Truck did say they were feeling pretty good/had pulled up pretty well for not having played for twelve months. Probably do need a week off soon though. I reckon Francis comes back in this week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back