Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Hooker is 3rd in the Coleman no way he doesn't get another year lol.
And never trade Hurley. He has been with us thick and thin through everything weve been through. ASADA and not to mention the fact we have been shithouse his whole career. Trading him for just a third rounder would be stupid and would not look good on us
The only way hurley would leave if he asked for a fresh start

To think this club hasn't asked the question to Bont proves our recruitment department are a joke. Mr Bont would you like to be the highest paid footballer in history & play for our club?
Mr Bont No.
Ok cool we'll move on....what about if you write down a figure your comfortable with?

It's not a priority in the sense that we're not going to invest anything substantial in the position but we do need to look at another ruckman.

The story of Phillips' 10 years in the game is that his body can't cope. It's not contact injuries but just constant niggles. There's not much point having him on the list if he's not ready to go when we need him.

I'm otherwise not desperate to see the back of him. He's a good style of backup because he just competes and provides a reliable physical presence.

I actually rebutted eth-dog ‘s suggestion we needed to replace Phillips with another mature aged ruck isn’t as high a priority. In fact, going rookie is more my thinking. Bryan has shown enough to warrant becoming our no.2 us adding a kid to learn and develop in the VFL aside Bryan (and a good VFL ruck) would be great for EFC list profile imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually rebutted eth-dog ‘s suggestion we needed to replace Phillips with another mature aged ruck isn’t as high a priority. In fact, going rookie is more my thinking. Bryan has shown enough to warrant becoming our no.2 us adding a kid to learn and develop in the VFL aside Bryan (and a good VFL ruck) would be great for EFC list profile imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah
2022 should be draper, bryan, wright as an option plus a rookie added.

To think this club hasn't asked the question to Bont proves our recruitment department are a joke. Mr Bont would you like to be the highest paid footballer in history & play for our club?
Mr Bont No.
Ok cool we'll move on....what about if you write down a figure your comfortable with?

Make him a godfather offer with the expectation that he accepts? Pfft

Make him a godfather offer with the intention of cooking their cap and forcing their hand regarding Dunkley*? You’d be mad not to

*Keeping in mind that JUH is also out of contract at the end of next year and I don’t care what anyone says, Adrian is definitely already working on him.

Mr Bont No.
I'm sure just about every club has haha, but to be fair he looks pretty comfortable at the Dogs. Feel like it'd take something drastic in terms of culture shift or a huge falling out for him to leave. Takes something pretty significant for a captain to want out too. The only captain I'd think has questions marks around their contract and staying with their current club at the moment is Cripps. But, don't think Bont is going anywhere. Should invest our energy/time looking elsewhere.

I'm sure just about every club has haha, but to be fair he looks pretty comfortable at the Dogs. Feel like it'd take something drastic in terms of culture shift or a huge falling out for him to leave. Takes something pretty significant for a captain to want out too. The only captain I'd think has questions marks around their contract and staying with their current club at the moment is Cripps. But, don't think Bont is going anywhere. Should invest our energy/time looking elsewhere.
Maybe Special Agent Dunkley can help...

I'm not concerned about the ruck long term, Draper is 23 this year and Bryan 20. Regardless of how you rate Phillips, he's definitely injury prone, and therefore not what you need as a depth ruck.

A mid 20's state league player is all we need. They're fine for the next couple of years and maybe longer.

Bryan played 61% TOG on the weekend. He can't run out a game yet, and as good as he looks, he's not at the level yet.

Make him a godfather offer with the expectation that he accepts? Pfft

Make him a godfather offer with the intention of cooking their cap and forcing their hand regarding Dunkley*? You’d be mad not to

*Keeping in mind that JUH is also out of contract at the end of next year and I don’t care what anyone says, Adrian is definitely already working on him.
Petracca signing to the Dees was smoothly done, I would have thought Bonts signing to the mutts would be similar...

I'm not concerned about the ruck long term, Draper is 23 this year and Bryan 20. Regardless of how you rate Phillips, he's definitely injury prone, and therefore not what you need as a depth ruck.

A mid 20's state league player is all we need. They're fine for the next couple of years and maybe longer.

Bryan played 61% TOG on the weekend. He can't run out a game yet, and as good as he looks, he's not at the level yet.
Waiting for Simmonds? 😂
For midseason draft are Edwards or Heath a look at?

Petracca signing to the Dees was smoothly done, I would have thought Bonts signing to the mutts would be similar...

Certainly, not suggesting for a second any approach would be successful, it’d more so be an exercise in seeing how high they can be pushed. It feels like they’re primed to have someone shaken loose.

It wouldn’t at all surprise me if internally they’re at least mulling over what they can get for Dunkley if he asks for a trade again. Would allow them to comfortably keep the band together, plan for the inevitably fat Ugle-Hagan extension and get more high picks in the door.

You realize he hurt his ankle on Sunday though? Was off for a bit while they restrapped it and probably limits his minutes after to get him through the game, Would’ve had more game time if it wasn’t for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realize he hurt his ankle on Sunday though? Was off for a bit while they restrapped it and probably limits his minutes after to get him through the game, Would’ve had more game time if it wasn’t for that.
He's also struggled in second half in both VFL games so far. Regardless of the ankle injury, his tank is clearly a current issue for him.

Yeah he's only 20, his tank will improve. All im saying is he wouldve had more TOG if he didnt hurt his ankle.
And as I said, I have no issue with our ruck stocks for the medium to long term.

Josh Kelly is a RFA at end of year. If we could acquire him without giving up any draft picks would it be worth it?

Josh Kelly is a RFA at end of year. If we could acquire him without giving up any draft picks would it be worth it?
injury prone
a little soft not my deal choice

Has a massive contract extension on big money available if he triggers it. We’d probably have to match or beat it to even be in with a chance. And I bet GWS would force a trade anyway, just like they did last year with Jeremy Cameron.

He's probably not really the type of player we need to be blowing huge amounts of cap space on.
This ^^ plus we have midfielders who play similar - Merrett, Parish, McGrath. He's not that big bodied mid we need to go for. Not sure why GWS are playing him forward more then in the middle this year, injuries aside he was top five mids in the game not too long ago. The only way I could see us potentially going for him is if we lost Merrett, as they are similar type mids.

The type of midfielder we need is a big bodied guy who isnt going to just hunt the pill but play a team centric roll. Essentially what Myers was before all his mobility left him, and what we likely brought Townsend in to do before all our KPFs got injured.

Basically Jack Graham at Richmond, Mitch Robinson at Brisbane or Hugh Greenwood for GCS is the archetype for what they provide for their midfield mix. They arent huge possession winners but are big bodies that block at stoppages, tackles their heart out and can put their head over the footy when required.

Guys i would be looking at are Mitch Wallis at WB, George Hewett types. If not maybe cheaper options that might pop up who are similar

The type of midfielder we need is a big bodied guy who isnt going to just hunt the pill but play a team centric roll. Essentially what Myers was before all his mobility left him, and what we likely brought Townsend in to do before all our KPFs got injured.

Basically Jack Graham at Richmond, Mitch Robinson at Brisbane or Hugh Greenwood for GCS is the archetype for what they provide for their midfield mix. They arent huge possession winners but are big bodies that block at stoppages, tackles their heart out and can put their head over the footy when required.

Guys i would be looking at are Mitch Wallis at WB, George Hewett types. If not maybe cheaper options that might pop up who are similar
Hewett would be my ideal pick maybe send them someone from us who's not getting a run at it plus a 3rd

Hard to think of who has currency maybe Langford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back