Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if I missed this earlier but this place can sometimes move very quickly without going anywhere so I may have skipped a few pages...

Last edited:

Think it is acknowledged that the info was leaked to early and we should of split our first earlier -- essendon we're in front of us in the National draft and would of kept him -- as fate has it he probably should of stayed .. think durdin will make the deal sweeter in the end got something this kid.. amazing closing speed -- should of been exposed more but them's the apples ..

If we were pressured by the media in the decisions we made, it's no bloody wonder the joint was cleaned out and perhaps Austin should have gone with them. Who cares if it was made public we approached/lured Saad? I'm not sure I buy that. I also don't buy that Essendon would have used the pick they got for Daniher, on a player that publicly wanted to leave them. If Dodoro spun that one and it was believed, Austin is an idiot...

Corey Durdin could become Eddie Betts and it still doesn't make the deal any better in principle. I'm hoping Austin can have a much better trade period this time around, because he didn't have a great start if you ask me.

If we were pressured by the media in the decisions we made, it's no bloody wonder the joint was cleaned out and perhaps Austin should have gone with them. Who cares if it was made public we approached/lured Saad? I'm not sure I buy that. I also don't buy that Essendon would have used the pick they got for Daniher, on a player that publicly wanted to leave them. If Dodoro spun that one and it was believed, Austin is an idiot...

Corey Durdin could become Eddie Betts and it still doesn't make the deal any better in principle. I'm hoping Austin can have a much better trade period this time around, because he didn't have a great start if you ask me.
Fair enough

Weird. I'd say he's one of the most attacking field kicks I've seen in the last decade. He goes for, and generally hits, targets that very few others would dare try
His ability in choosing and hitting targets is a real strength of his, has good footy brain and good mover, it’s manner in which he plays so far in his career that he needs to improve a bit…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That tweet is giving off some strong TBrowne vibes.. "...still some chance to be delisted..." yet also "...Blues being strongly urged to give him another year...".

A lot to play out here

I also think lob should be retained. His games at season end were pretty good.

we also saw improvements in some players like Kennedy and Dow in particular.

Maybe it was power’s influence but it looked like we were slowly starting to have some sort of a “player development” program in place. Hence I would keep the fringe players that we know have potential to become good footballers. Lob is one I would keep.

Just wondering. Given GC plethora of picks this year, could we trade our future 2nd to GC for maybe one their picks this year and a future GC 3rd. Then use either the GC 2nd or our 2nd pick plus our 6. Just wondering if there is a way of leveraging here for picks given GC practically won't be able to use all their picks this year...

After 12months Melbourne came to accept that Tomlinson on the wing was a failure and moved him back. Like pretty much every other time playing a tall on the wing has been tried. Has a team made the finals doing it?

Shows how much attention I've paid this year - maintain however that Luko is a tall flanker who gets categorised as a KPP based on his junior career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back