Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

With WA league going strong this year I wonder if Eagles would trade Bailey Williams and pick 9 for pick 6.
Putting them closer to the pointy end in the draft enhancing their chances of securing the player (home grown talent)they are eyeing.

If Cerra nominates us we can still use 9 in the trade.
Bailey Williams is contracted til end of 2022, in that case he’s had 3 years of development into him, was a 2018 draft #35 only played the 9games so far…
I think a draft pick in the 50’s (3rd Rd) would be what he’s valued at atm…

Bailey Williams is contracted til end of 2022, in that case he’s had 3 years of development into him, was a 2018 draft #35 only played the 9games so far…
I think a draft pick in the 50’s (3rd Rd) would be what he’s valued at atm…
It puts Williams value at about pick 47, but it does look a lot juicier than it really is.

Was thinking along the lines if we lose 2 picks for Cerra we'd still gain 2 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It puts Williams value at about pick 47, but it does look a lot juicier than it really is.

Was thinking along the lines if we lose 2 picks for Cerra we'd still gain 2 players.
That’s how i was looking at this as well, Cerra might possibly cost us two picks maybe pick6 and swaps, who ever we may loose and/or trade out, if it can be done that we try and land a couple of player types we require back in…

Preferably buy smart, ‘young and low cost’ as to help generate & balance the list needs, players developing but not getting opportunities, stuck behind because of depth may help unearth a few much needed bargains…

2 firsts for Cerra? Freo could not possibly ask for that and keep a straight face.

Adam Treloar (GWS) and Dylan Shiel were moderately more accomplished than Cerra when traded.

They both went for 2 firsts with a 2nd coming back.

I don't want to make that trade and I think both Coll and Ess would like those trades again. But that's what Freo will be angling for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back