Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless they
TAKE MARKS AND CONTRIBUTE AROUND THE GROUND THEY ARE A WASTE OF SPACE !!!

Spot on. Most of them don't contribute at all around the ground, like nearly everyone that's rucked for us other than Kruez in the past 15 years.

The ability to go forward and kick a goal differentiates the mediocre ones and the good ones in my mind. It hurts the opposition and makes them more accountable. As it stands, both ruckman from each team wander around aimlessly doing naff all till they come up against Goldy or Gawny.

To have 7 footers from Ireland, US etc come over and have a crack at being ruck shows that you don't actually have to have a lot of skill to play that position (Goldy and Gawny aside) and get away with it. Rory Lobb is 7ft, done naff all and is on 700k. Being tall exempts you from performing and being accountable.

Fairly sure that was only last year. Back to normal this season.

They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022.

Newnes or O'Brien might be options for us if we need to reduce main list numbers after taking the mandatory three senior list picks at the national draft.

They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022.

Newnes or O'Brien might be options for us if we need to reduce main list numbers after taking the mandatory three senior list picks at the national draft.
Right right

It would, but depends on the contract value in their final year + adding a rookie year term

I hope we give LOB another year under Voss, even if it is a rookie contract
Still haven't figured Lob or Dow out..they have tracked very similarly..and still get support.
Lob is a good kick and runner,Dow CAN turn it on....but neither of these can sustain a whole heap.
Its disappointing and haven't seen hope in them for a while......i suspect its their workrate
Again

Richmond just won three flags in a row with a ruckman who has absolutely no forward craft, he also didn’t have to because that’s not his role. Gawn kicking a goal every two or three week also doesn’t make him a goal kicker who rests forward. These rucks resting forward offer sfa imo other then for structure they are just really poor forwards.

Richmond's rucks were excellent defensively, very good at getting back in defence and sitting a kick behind the ball while the players up the field applied pressure and made sure it was often kicked down their throats. I'd be happy to see the same game plan for us. We have enough height forward without the ruck being there.

Still haven't figured Lob or Dow out..they have tracked very similarly..and still get support.
Lob is a good kick and runner,Dow CAN turn it on....but neither of these can sustain a whole heap.
Its disappointing and haven't seen hope in them for a while......i suspect its their workrate
Again

As supporters we don't want to give up on two players we committed top 10 picks for. Yes this is blind loyalty and probably stupid...

But I give you Darcy Parish ladies, gentleman and everybody else!

Using the article below as a reference point

1) Jarrod Brander... looks like he could be delisted... not sure if we want, but say he could be taken as a rookie, would we want to, and if so who would have to make way for him?

2) Not sure what to make of Jordan Clark/Freo/Geelong standoff... On one hand Clark signed a contract, and we know things can change, but shouldn't he have to accept prospect of a deal not being done... On the other side, next year he will be OOC, and what Geelong may get next year could be less... Not sure what should happen, but there is something about this that doesn't sit well... At least Hill knows where he stands as GWS has said they will hold him to his contact if there isn't a suitable trade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using the article below as a reference point

1) Jarrod Brander... looks like he could be delisted... not sure if we want, but say he could be taken as a rookie, would we want to, and if so who would have to make way for him?

2) Not sure what to make of Jordan Clark/Freo/Geelong standoff... On one hand Clark signed a contract, and we know things can change, but shouldn't he have to accept prospect of a deal not being done... On the other side, next year he will be OOC, and what Geelong may get next year could be less... Not sure what should happen, but there is something about this that doesn't sit well... At least Hill knows where he stands as GWS has said they will hold him to his contact if there isn't a suitable trade...

Seems like Geelong are backing themselves to turn Clark around next year with more game time and no Scarlett - and they did pretty well holding Kelly to his contract a few years back

Again

Dow is very good at "see ball, get ball" he is hard and has a great burst.

But in general play he seems to get completely lost.

Media tomorrow: "Carlton trade period score card = C-"

Tell me I'm wrong.
* --> A+
Comments: Doing nothing in the trade period was a shrewd move by the best list manager in the AFL Adrian Dodoro but is exactly what the * Football Club needed. Can't wait to see the wealth of young talent they will bring in with pick 11, 48 and 51

Again
Now that Cerra is part of the starting 22, it just may spur Dow & LOB to apply themselves with determination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back