Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Media tomorrow: "Carlton trade period score card = C-"

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

It's a D+ at best

"Overpaid for Cerra who has no stand-out traits"

"Unfathomable 4-year deal for Hewitt who is a borderline best-22 player"

"Let SPS go for nix, after he was the most talented kid in his draft. Would've blossomed anywhere else but the Blues"

"Picked up Young (in a great deal for the Dogs) who can play multiple positions but none of them well"

We are the only club so far that has added two players that are best 22 in pretty much all teams in the AFL if I'm not mistaken?

Objectively, I think based on trades we have improved our side the most.

Lots of clubs didn't really do anything or got weaker.

Sydney for example lost Hewett and Dawson for next season.

Meh, Hill is a very "Essendon" acquisition. Attractive highlight reel but not gonna make a shred of difference in their efforts to make an impact in finals.
Yes he is agree with you on some points , keen and skilled, and a positive addition, I think he'll do well, can't blame him for wanting to get back to the big stage , every footballer aspires for for the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not actually, while Dawson is gifted, he isn't a mid
???? How'd he average 3 inside 50s a game and 5 reboud 50s at the same time then.

What about his 23 disposals a game? He's quite literally a winger who started his career off half back and once developed moved into the midfield. He plays the defensive wing role behind the ball and delivering most every week this season, with occasional games giving him more freedom further up the ground too. He'll only be more and more involved with midfield play in the next few seasons.

The swans wouldn't be so annoyed about a half back/ general defender leaving the club. Dawsons developing into a premier winger of the comp. He's a beauty.

???? How'd he average 3 inside 50s a game and 5 reboud 50s at the same time then.

What about his 23 disposals a game? He's quite literally a winger who started his career off half back and once developed moved into the midfield. He plays the defensive wing role behind the ball and delivering most every week this season, with occasional games giving him more freedom further up the ground too. He'll only be more and more involved with midfield play in the next few seasons.

The swans wouldn't be so annoyed about a half back/ general defender leaving the club. Dawsons developing into a premier winger of the comp. He's a beauty.

Yeap a winger, not a centre square mid

As I said, very gifted, but given where the Crows sit with the PSD, his range was always in that late first range. Plus he is over 2 1/2 years older than Cerra

Ladhams effectively for a late 2nd, good deal Swans
Not sure about Ladhams. Prepared to discount the scuttlebutt about his off field behaviour. However he seems to play "dumb" football for mine. Might get better as he progresses but doesn't look a top liner to me.

Not sure about Ladhams. Prepared to discount the scuttlebutt about his off field behaviour. However he seems to play "dumb" football for mine. Might get better as he progresses but doesn't look a top liner to me.

Needs to be the number 1 ruckman to shine, will get that at the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back