Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Being reported now that Jarrod Cameron will take a year off next year.

EDIT:-

That never ends well

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Puck 24 & 30 last year and a 4th rounder this year for pick 2 this year. Wow.

Mindblowingly awesome isn’t it🤣

Gets even better though because Daicos will cost a bomb in picks this year and whatever they bring in this year will be swallowed whole

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe joining Clarkson!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the potential draftees not getting much footy for the past 2 years I think there could be great value in the 20’s. If we get a mid 20’s early 30’s pick for sps I’d like us to back in Austin in to pick a couple of rippers.

Do you store this stuff in your head, or do you research it? Amazing, I have trouble remembering what day it is.

50% memory 50% Google.

Wouldn’t Coniglio & Cerra be nice make it happen Austin, we should get rid of all the tradable players in this trade period , we should be courageous and have a go, two nice Italian midfielders, the skill would be the right tonic for our midfield and CFC.

Ew, no to Cogs. He made his decision.

Only seems to be Sam Edmund suggesting that Cameron is taking the year off?

Oh just saw this, cant see the article, but the Western Australian..

West Coast Eagles small forward Jarrod Cameron delisted, set to remain in Perth for WAFL"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only seems to be Sam Edmund suggesting that Cameron is taking the year off?

Oh just saw this, cant see the article, but the Western Australian..

WEST Coast forward Jarrod Cameron will leave the club as a delisted player, despite having one year to run on his contract.

Cameron and the Eagles will part ways this off-season after a horror campaign for the third-year forward, who battled persistent injuries and did not feature at AFL level.
The 21-year-old will remain in Western Australia and play in the WAFL before an expected push to return to the AFL ahead of the 2023 season.

Most likely a pick that would assist us, but tbh we arent getting overs for him and he’s OOC. Leverage as in it can assist us in on trading that pick another deal, more of a holistic view to getting what we need into our club. Farang, what are your thoughts on Duggan and Rotham, I’d say that it’s cap space holding those two deals up?
Rotham's just signed-up for another 3 years.

EDIT:-

Then get to Brisbane for nothing in 2023.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They said a week or so ago that Finlayson had asked GWS to explore his options mid season due to he and his partner having a baby soon and they have no family support in NSW, it’s all in SA. They said he can do so and that’s why Port did due diligence with him with that medical just in case they pursue further. GWS said that they are going to do their best to accomodate him and his partner with support and want to keep him. So it’s not really to do with their cap issues I think, more personal reasons. Wouldn’t see him moving here if so.
He will replace Ladhams....

If he's thinking of taking time off in the prime of his career, i wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. That's not somebody who will be committed to your list

Doubt he will ever play AFl again ... be in some local bush league closer to home ;)

Not sure about not being a need with the injury history of Charlie and Gov. Wasn't aware of the family thing.
Yes this is another thing that our club needs to stop doing - recruiting broken down or LTI players. I mean, if the player is something special that would pay huge dividends if he can get the body right, it's worth a gamble, but running the gauntlet for mid to average players has just clogged our list.

Yes this is another thing that our club needs to stop doing - recruiting broken down or LTI players. I mean, if the player is something special that would pay huge dividends if he can get the body right, it's worth a gamble, but running the gauntlet for mid to average players has just clogged our list.
Yeah, it's the ones who have shown very little at senior level other than a few flashes that I don't really think we need. When our development becomes proven as amongst the best in the industry is the time for these sort of gambles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back