Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the duduction big enough to take you out of first round -

Depends where they finish.

If the bid comes at 1 and they finish with pick 8 next year, it would push it back to pick 29 ish

If the bid comes at 2 and they finish with pick 8 next year, it would push it back to pick 17 ish

That's why they need to manage the situation. If they aren't trading out players, they should look to trade next years pick where they could still hold a position in the first round in 2022, rather than just accepting the deduction
Geez there in a bit of a pickle the pies, can’t offord to use any 2021 picks on trading in for Lipinski and Krueger which possibly look like around 3rd round picks, commonsense says 2022 futures will need to be used to get the deals done as well as not using their points for this year…

Pies have currently 1707pts which with a pick1 bid will need 2400pts which needs 793pts made up , the equivalent to pick23/24 trading out a player/s for points this year is needed or they chew through next years first which would be hilarious…

B King or Lukosius for me

B King will rip the comp apart in a decent side
I’m not sold on Lukosius Arrow, wasn’t during his draft year it’s not that i don’t think he can’t play, he s a beautifully skilled & balanced player for his size…

i just thought he plays to safe, not enough attack in his overall game gets by just gliding around…
But who knows, i may be totally wrong altogether…

If we get Cerra and Hewitt - with setterfield Dow staying I think we can go heavy into talls the next two years - we might find ourselves replacing Jones with a 27yo yet anyway --
Was Pitto un helpful as a ruck because set up or he just very ordinary - because cripps if anything needs ruck support

Last edited:
I’m not sold on Lukosius Arrow, wasn’t during his draft year it’s not that i don’t think he can’t play, he s a beautifully skilled & balanced player for his size…

i just thought he plays to safe, not enough attack in his overall game gets by just gliding around…

Will take a while, but seems like he is struggling to put on size, which will hurt his ceiling

Depends where they finish.

If the bid comes at 1 and they finish with pick 8 next year, it would push it back to pick 29 ish

If the bid comes at 2 and they finish with pick 8 next year, it would push it back to pick 17 ish
Footscray be in same boat with Darcy

One from left field with a bit of s… in him is McPherson from the Suns as a cheapie.
He is 23yo with 60 games, is naturally combative with neat skills and recently finished 3rd in the B&F.
He’s also a local Northern suburbs boy with an AFL pedigree.
I’d be keen to chat with him with an eye to a small lockdown defender position on offer.
It’s a position we’ve been wanting in for some time and perhaps he’d be up for the challenge.
Contending teams are built in many ways and i reckon the chat would be worth the price of a phone call …

Re: Cera, I think we need to think outside the box, rather than going straight to pick 6.

I would try something like Cera for McGovern with maybe something late pick wise being exchanged.

For mine Gov is an old fashion leading (Mark and Kick) forward, that was never going to thrive with the "Kick it on Harry's head and rove the crumb" style of game plan. Freo lack a reliable source of 2 -3 goals a game and I'm confident that if he was played out of the square as a leading forward, he could be that guy.

The impact to each team's salary cap, would be negligible and could be a win / win deal for both clubs. Freo could sell the WA star forward comes home, and we would be happy with the improvement in our midfield depth.

Alternately we could see if Fish or Samo are keen. We built a list of good young players but we seem to refuse to trade any of them, even though we can't play them all in their preferred positions, and without gametime they can't develop. We have to think of our list more like GWS, Geelong or Richmond and use our surplus to fill gaps, while staying in the draft to get the next Walsh or best available as future trade capital.

Anyway just my 2cents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Macpherson is up for a trade. Limited but has toughness and runs both ways. Definitely worth a look at as a possible wing/half-forward.

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Re: Cera, I think we need to think outside the box, rather than going straight to pick 6.

I would try something like Cera for McGovern with maybe something late pick wise being exchanged.

For mine Gov is an old fashion leading (Mark and Kick) forward, that was never going to thrive with the "Kick it on Harry's head and rove the crumb" style of game plan. Freo lack a reliable source of 2 -3 goals a game and I'm confident that if he was played out of the square as a leading forward, he could be that guy.

The impact to each team's salary cap, would be negligible and could be a win / win deal for both clubs. Freo could sell the WA star forward comes home, and we would be happy with the improvement in our midfield depth.

Alternately we could see if Fish or Samo are keen. We built a list of good young players but we seem to refuse to trade any of them, even though we can't play them all in their preferred positions, and without gametime they can't develop. We have to think of our list more like GWS, Geelong or Richmond and use our surplus to fill gaps, while staying in the draft to get the next Walsh or best available as future trade capital.

Anyway just my 2cents

No one wants McGovern mate ...

This is like trying to trade a sardine sandwich for your mate's piping hot meat pie, with the promise of a Redskin or perhaps a Milk Chew thrown in.

Weird. I'd say he's one of the most attacking field kicks I've seen in the last decade. He goes for, and generally hits, targets that very few others would dare try

Yep, completely wrong.

I find comparisons amusing

The whole Mundy, Fyfe, Brawshaw, Serong are ahead of Cerra

Firstly, we aren't trading in Mundy or Fyfe, both of which are nearing the end

While I think Serong will have a reasonable career, he is a Prestia type, with the ability to play somewhat as a small forward, I don't rate him anywhere near Brayshaw or Cerra

Cerra and Brayshaw are similar in quality, while being different players

Anyway just my 2cents
Alternatively, with some better disposal in the side - like Adam Cerra, maybe we can take better advantage of a leading forward like McGovern.

One from left field with a bit of s… in him is McPherson from the Suns as a cheapie.
He is 23yo with 60 games, is naturally combative with neat skills and recently finished 3rd in the B&F.
He’s also a local Northern suburbs boy with an AFL pedigree.
I’d be keen to chat with him with an eye to a small lockdown defender position on offer.
It’s a position we’ve been wanting in for some time and perhaps he’d be up for the challenge.
Contending teams are built in many ways and i reckon the chat would be worth the price of a phone call …
Could HE be another Jarryd Lyons.

This is like trying to trade a sardine sandwich for your mate's piping hot meat pie, with the promise of a Redskin or perhaps a Milk Chew thrown in.

You need to post more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back