List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also try to get Gresham in a deal for Higgins.

we can try but I reckon the saints will tell us to get lost. They rate him highly and gave up a bit in the draft to get him

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement at 10.20 over the next few days if it gets finalised there is going to be salt everywhere .

If it's not related to a key forward then I'll spew up. Seriously done with this club messing around, they are effing kidding if they want my 2021 membership $$

When are we going to know list sizes and delistings?
Not before the trade period 😡 maybe not before the draft either 😡😡
Talk was the AFL wants the players to take a 20% cut for a few years and the AFLPA want a 4% cut over 20 years. 🤦‍♂️ It could take 20 years just for them to agree.

Not before the trade period 😡 maybe not before the draft either 😡😡
Talk was the AFL wants the players to take a 20% cut for a few years and the AFLPA want a 4% cut over 20 years. 🤦‍♂️ It could take 20 years just for them to agree.
Thats insane, love the afl and how its run ❤️

Thats insane, love the afl and how its run ❤

It’s a giant cluster * is what it is. The funny thing is if the AFLPA had gotten what they wanted none of this cap bullshit would be happening.

It amazes me that some people are comparing aarts to Higgins.

He isn’t half the player, sorry to say it but I’ve watched them both so closely it’s not funny.

A lot of people don’t seem to care to trade him IF we receive something really good in return. The reality is he is actually a worth a first rounder and a dam good one too because you know what you’re getting with Higgins.

Most people over rate the draft. A first rounder doesn’t necessarily mean you will get a gun..so it’s still a risk. There are so many flops in the first round every year..Higgins is NOT in that category.

For some reason it seems we will receive a second for him which after academy picks etc it will be come 30-50. This makes me vomit.

Another pre season and he is easily best 22 next year and should be a lock for round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement at 10.20 over the next few days if it gets finalised there is going to be salt everywhere .

I feel like this could be a blanket statement for anything that happens during the off season.

He isn’t half the player, sorry to say it but I’ve watched them both so closely it’s not funny.

A lot of people don’t seem to care to trade him IF we receive something really good in return. The reality is he is actually a worth a first rounder and a dam good one too because you know what you’re getting with Higgins.

Most people over rate the draft. A first rounder doesn’t necessarily mean you will get a gun..so it’s still a risk. There are so many flops in the first round every year..Higgins is NOT in that category.

For some reason it seems we will receive a second for him which after academy picks etc it will be come 30-50. This makes me vomit.

Another pre season and he is easily best 22 next year and should be a lock for round 1.

But it doesn't really matter what we think. Dimma clearly has aarts ahead currently.

Yes Higgins would eventually overtake but it's possible the club wants to change it up. It's the 30th odd guy on the list not the 15th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we should ask Dangerfield if he would like to play for Richmond just so he can get a premiership 'Just for the fairytale'

He 'deserves' one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

he kind of took over bachar’s role as that running half back in the granny, pushing though the middle on transition. That might be his go in the future. That lace out pass to George in the goal square that he coughed up was mint

My favourite was the kick to hit up someone on the wing, and absolute laser from the half back line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How dumb are Geelong trading for Cameron who will be 28 soon
Wanting Higgins 33 2 year deal takes him to 35
And issac smith 31 they will have a huge cliff coming soon
I'm fascinated with GFC's recruitment at the moment...talk about walking on a tightrope over a chasm...

Hes a good player but who does he replace?
Our current small forwards are all young as well all under 25.
Bolton, Rioli, Castagna im sorry but he doesn't replace any of those. Also we will soon have another Rioli floating around in there.
On talent alone Higgins may be better then Rioli and Castagna but thats not what we are after from our small forwards. We need speed up there.

Speed Kills

Trade while chips are still relatively high. Right now we may get late 1st early 2nd. Wait another 12 months and it will be charity pick just to get it done.

Edit: Even Aarts was pushing Higgins out of the 22. On talent Higgins is the better play but again Aarts has speed.
Plus MRJ is joining. So even more demand. And we have heaps of midfield dept. Ross, Stack, RCD, Caddy even

If you have watched Higgins closely would you not agree he has a fair bit to work on?
When played forward he’s kicking for goal isn’t great. Then win in the centre he tends to throw it on the boot with no actual idea of where he is kicking it. He can take a good mark for his size but isn’t overly quick.
Personally I think he’s expendable, doesn’t have the polish or class which sometimes you can’t teach, combine that with lack of speed which someone like George has.
Wish him the best if he does go to another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back