List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can't get a game for them, then he probably can't get a game for us either.

Gone are the days when we used to try to polish other clubs' sh*t.

With respect their midfield shits on us. We might beat them in two weeks but I doubt it in the midfield. Their midfield is all star and they do not have our forwards and backs. Their midfield is arguably the best I have ever seen in any era including the Lions. Their midfield is arguably better than Ablett, Ling, Bartel, Chapman and co as well

If we come close to squaring the ledger in the midfield with them that will be a win for us and no shame in that on paper. I know games are not played on paper and is mental with effort but their list is designed on a mega midfield from years of recruiting and development

Bit like having a crack at a guy because he can't get ahead of Dusty

Last edited:
You can never have 'enough' top twenty picks (which is what I would want for CCJ even if we had to throw in one of our 2nd or 3rd rounders as steak knives to do it), especially in a draft apparently as good as this one. Nothing against Green but we have been grooming CCJ as a replacement for Jack for a long time and Green is no KPF. With no CCJ the cupboard is very very bare.

Three top twenty picks allows us to seriously upgrade our draft position or failing that multiple bites at the cherry and perhaps select not only a successor for Riewoldt but also eventually for Lynch as well. Again nothing against Green but with a draft supposedly as deep and rich in midfield talent, I would much rather be targeting key talls if any are worth that kind of currency, especially if we were to loose Coleman-Jones.
I don't really see the point in trading CCJ for a late first rounder. We'd only draft his replacement and then have to develop them from scratch again with no guarantee they'd be as good.

That's why it has to be keep or trade for promising young player for me.
Or package two late firsts for a much earlier first. Still would have to develop but perhaps it wouldn't take as long and with higher ceiling. Again not against in principle trading for young player with a draft pick (although I do love draft night/s, always a highlight of the year), but rather against anyone that doesn't fill the void left by Coleman-Jones. With Reiwoldt at best a season by season proposition, if you are going to draft a ready made player it would have to be for that position. especially with so much young midfield talent available this year.
Think the surprising performance of Sampson so far has put us in a position of where CJ is replaceable if the right offer comes along.
Preferred option is that we keep CJ and put our efforts into replacing Astbury & Grimes once they hang up the boots.
FA a KP(def)
Draft for Grimes(Although my opinion is we have one in RCD).
Try to move up into the top 10 of the draft.
If not then Draft wisely.

Think the surprising performance of Sampson so far has put us in a position of where CJ is replaceable if the right offer comes along.
Preferred option is that we keep CJ and put our efforts into replacing Astbury & Grimes once they hang up the boots.
FA a KP(def)
Draft for Grimes(Although my opinion is we have one in RCD).
Try to move up into the top 10 of the draft.
If not then Draft wisely.
Has Sampson really done that much where he is CCJs equivalent? What about coming into.the firsts? Who is ready with build, endurance and talent?

I think I'd only be happy for CCJ to leave if we got someone like Green for him.

We've got enough picks in the draft this year already.
I tend to agree. CCJ was around a top 20 pick from memory, weve put years of development into him and he is pretty much ready to play seniors.

Dont forget he was captain of SA and despite his kebab gate brain fade his character is very highly rated by the club.

It.doesnt make sense to trade him especially with the likely imminent retirement of Riewoldt and our precarious ruck situation moving forward.

Has Sampson really done that much where he is CCJs equivalent? What about coming into.the firsts? Who is ready with build, endurance and talent?
Early signs are promising.
Already past the great Angus Graham.
In all seriousness obviously he's coming from a long way back and CJ would have him covered.
But this time next year.
Who knows.

Rhylee West would be a good get without costing the world ala Tom Mitchell and Josh Kennedy. You'd need to pretty much guarantee him a midfield spot to get him across though.

Rhylee West would be a good get without costing the world ala Tom Mitchell and Josh Kennedy. You'd need to pretty much guarantee him a midfield spot to get him across though.
Played well last night.
A few Doggies F/S struggling.
West & Wallis.

short people who don’t block or chase are not going to be on the Tiger’s shopping list.

A standout inside midfielder with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro this season, West is renowned for his ability to win contested possession and apply pressure to the opposition.

An AFL Academy Member in 2018, he averaged 22 disposals (50 percent contested), five clearances and four tackles throughout the Under 18 Championships.

-----------------------

OVERVIEW

Rhylee West is a prospect who Western Bulldogs fans will have been tracking for a few years now. The nuggety inside midfielder has developed as his top-age year has gone on, improving in a number of areas, and becoming a genuine first round prospect. West’s work around the stoppages, particularly in the forward half, is arguably the most damaging of any player in the draft crop. He has the capability of going forward and having an impact on the scoreboard due to his strength and super vertical leap. West is unbelievably agile, and this helps both with and without the ball, and if he can iron out some of the question marks – such as overusing the football at times and improve on his endurance – then he will undoubtedly become a fixture in the Bulldogs’ side. He stands at just 180cm, and will likely start out as a forward at AFL level before progressing into the midfield.

STRENGTHS

• Stoppage work
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Strength
  • Vertical leap
  • Tackling
  • Agility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A standout inside midfielder with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro this season, West is renowned for his ability to win contested possession and apply pressure to the opposition.

An AFL Academy Member in 2018, he averaged 22 disposals (50 percent contested), five clearances and four tackles throughout the Under 18 Championships.

-----------------------

OVERVIEW

Rhylee West is a prospect who Western Bulldogs fans will have been tracking for a few years now. The nuggety inside midfielder has developed as his top-age year has gone on, improving in a number of areas, and becoming a genuine first round prospect. West’s work around the stoppages, particularly in the forward half, is arguably the most damaging of any player in the draft crop. He has the capability of going forward and having an impact on the scoreboard due to his strength and super vertical leap. West is unbelievably agile, and this helps both with and without the ball, and if he can iron out some of the question marks – such as overusing the football at times and improve on his endurance – then he will undoubtedly become a fixture in the Bulldogs’ side. He stands at just 180cm, and will likely start out as a forward at AFL level before progressing into the midfield.

STRENGTHS

• Stoppage work
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Strength
  • Vertical leap
  • Tackling
  • Agility

Wake up and smell the sewerage Tough. West looked good in the contest last night against a team with about 4 players older than 21 and loads of kids. You could see his strengths show out clearly, he is a surprisingly good mark, very good in the contest and decent skills. But that just isn’t going to get it done at AFL level. You need to be able to run. Mitch Wallis did everything West showed last night last year at AFL level, and did it very well. But the Dogs have sorted their list out and reasoned why have a 186cm contested beast who is slow as a forward target when you can have a 196cm guy on the same opponent doing the same job, only easier, and can also take pack marks, bring the ball to ground etc.

These guys like Caddy, Wallis, West, Kennedy(Blues) playing forward and being good small/medium marking targets who are not great runners, are gone. That footy ended in the 90’s. These players would have been tremendous AFL players in earlier eras but alas, not now. Closing down space is the new Gary Moorcroft Mark of the Year. West may fashion a career of sorts by lobbing up at some lower table clubs and chasing kicks all over the park but that won’t get it done at clubs who want to win flags.

Wake up and smell the sewerage Tough. West looked good in the contest last night against a team with about 4 players older than 21 and loads of kids. You could see his strengths show out clearly, he is a surprisingly good mark, very good in the contest and decent skills. But that just isn’t going to get it done at AFL level. You need to be able to run. Mitch Wallis did everything West showed last night last year at AFL level, and did it very well. But the Dogs have sorted their list out and reasoned why have a 186cm contested beast who is slow as a forward target when you can have a 196cm guy on the same opponent doing the same job, only easier, and can also take pack marks, bring the ball to ground etc.

These guys like Caddy, Wallis, West, Kennedy(Blues) playing forward and being good small/medium marking targets who are not great runners, are gone. That footy ended in the 90’s. These players would have been tremendous AFL players in earlier eras but alas, not now. Closing down space is the new Gary Moorcroft Mark of the Year. West may fashion a career of sorts by lobbing up at some lower table clubs and chasing kicks all over the park but that won’t get it done at clubs who want to win flags.
Wallis has value in another side, as Caddy does. West will be a midfielder. Endurance can be improved pretty easily compared to agility and vertical leap.

Dogs midfield is extremely strong but I still expect them to lose one of the starting boys

Treloar fell into their lap and even with Collingwood paying a portion of his wage it would still have them probably spending more on midfield players than they would of planed especially with Bont and Libba out of contract next year (I can’t see either of them ever leaving the dogs realistically)

So probably a player like Macrae or Dunkley who was looking to be traded last year

I think they will keep the likes of Wallis and West for when that spot opens up

It seems to me, barring injuries the only way we could get CCJ into the team (and I’d love to see it) would be if Jack Riewoldt could do a ‘Richo’ and move up to the wing.

I think he’d be great in that position. A very clever and creative player. Forwards would love him opening up play by centre-ing the ball or delivering inside 50.

I really don’t understand this? When Soldo was fit he was playing in the same side as Nankervis right? And he did this albeit a bit taller being a far more limited player than Coleman-Jones. We have to play him soon with Soldo injured, if we don’t his transfer papers are as good as stamped.

I really don’t understand this? When Soldo was fit he was playing in the same side as Nankervis right? And he did this albeit a bit taller being a far more limited player than Coleman-Jones. We have to play him soon with Soldo injured, if we don’t his transfer papers are as good as stamped.

He should play against dees... Jackson gawn etc.

Ccj for Aarts...

One problem is might be too slow with new rules.

He should play against dees... Jackson gawn etc.

Ccj for Aarts...

One problem is might be too slow with new rules.
I think we might need another tall in our forward line this week anyway
Otherwise Leever will play spare and just mark everything that goes inside 50 like he did last week aginst hawks

Somebody has just put on $100,000 on the doggies to win going into Tigers to win at $3.25

This weekend?

The Bulldogs tonight are now 3-1 on with on the exchange and they have kept coming in since markets opened. They should win but it is in Canberra and anything can happen, and GWS showed some spark last weekend

CJ will get his chance soon.
Bank can't carry the load for the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back