List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been said, but it's worth noting that Stack's girlfriends plays for Freo. He may be interested in going back west if a trade for Cerra eventuates.
or maybe she also wants to play with Richmond

Stack will be onto the next AFLW player by the time trade season rolls around.

And Walsh has him covered at the same age comfortably.
Yep Walsh is a jet. Would love him in yellow and black. Already one of the hardest gut runners in the comp I reckon.

Interestingly Cerra, who I believe is quite vanilla has done some more dynamic things so far today, breaking away from stoppages and getting it more on the inside. If I had $700k to spend on a young mid, he wouldn't be my first choice tho.

Yep Walsh is a jet. Would love him in yellow and black. Already one of the hardest gut runners in the comp I reckon.

Interestingly Cerra, who I believe is quite vanilla has done some more dynamic things so far today, breaking away from stoppages and getting it more on the inside. If I had $700k to spend on a young mid, he wouldn't be my first choice tho.
Yeah not a good look to be giving him 700k when you have better players on our list on less.

Cerra looking very very average in the game being played against the suns
1 kick 3 handballs 1 point running at 50% 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter

2 x 1st round picks haa !!
Pretty average game to be honest.
Even Dusty would struggle.
PS:Great kick to Lobb in the 3rd though.

Pretty average game to be honest.
Even Dusty would struggle.
PS:Great kick to Lobb in the 3rd though.
Games like this he should be dominating
Andrew Brayshaw on the other hand is a Gun player and consistently plays to the required level
averaging 28 poss at 80% DE and .05 goal a game

Been pretty good in most.
Just such an underwhelming player
Looks like he just rolls along without any dynamic aspects to his game
extremely vanilla.

not sure where to find the info but would love to know how many best on ground / Brownlow performances he would have has played nearly 70 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

extremely vanilla.

not sure where to find the info but would love to know how many best on ground / Brownlow performances he would have has played nearly 70 games
Freo Culture?
As i've said before if we are indeed chasing him.In our guys i trust.

extremely vanilla.

Cerra is a borderline elite kick and a capable insider, players with that combination don't grow on trees.

Obviously we feel we can improve aspects of his game - especially conditioning, 2nd efforts etc. - after which we should have a very good player at the right age if the trade does fall into place.

Hasn't had much continuity in his football, so there's improvement to come just from getting that, with a return to Victoria, family and friends an obvious plus as well.

Wouldn't want to sell the farm to get him in, but if the deal is right I'll back us to get a great outcome from it.

Give up to much like who?
Too little?Plz don't say Butler & Markov.lol
Why not Markov or Butler ? They were trades that we clearly could have squeezed more from specially the Higgins trade after we gifted Butler they should have been made to pay up a 1st rounder pick #17 and 3 years development and we give him away for a 2nd rounder that could have been pick #30-#33 had St Kilda had year like last year.

Pick #6 for Prestia at the time was also paying top dollar and the only thing that made it reasonable was the 2nd round swap where GC also crumbled the following year.

Cerra will be 22 and in the system 4 years , I think we have a good idea of the type of player he becomes
25/26 possessions a game doing the simple things right but nothing explosive or Wow.
I dont see explosive pace
I dont see gut crunching tackles
I dont see freakish ability
I dont see goal kicking
I dont see great marking
I dont see extreme pressure or urgency

Just a very nice player that does what required
Prestia at the same age was a much better player

He is #15 value thats it

Cerra is a borderline elite kick and a capable insider, players with that combination don't grow on trees.

Obviously we feel we can improve aspects of his game - especially conditioning, 2nd efforts etc. - after which we should have a very good player at the right age if the trade does fall into place.

Hasn't had much continuity in his football, so there's improvement to come just from getting that, with a return to Victoria, family and friends an obvious plus as well.

Wouldn't want to sell the farm to get him in, but if the deal is right I'll back us to get a great outcome from it.
So what you are saying is we have work to do to get the player to become what we want ?
he has played 68 games in 3.5 years so what continuity didnt he have ? looks to have had a very good run with injuries and given games

Games like this he should be dominating
Andrew Brayshaw on the other hand is a Gun player and consistently plays to the required level
averaging 28 poss at 80% DE and .05 goal a game
Improved a lot AB early doors I was thinking how the bloody hell did they select him top 5 , looks to be on A grade path now

So what you are saying is we have work to do to get the player to become what we want ?
he has played 68 games in 3.5 years so what continuity didnt he have ? looks to have had a very good run with injuries and given games

You always need to value add to what you trade in, look at Prestia, Houli and Nank just for starters.

Just because a player is on the park, doesn't mean they're not carrying a niggle(s), unfit or - in Cerra's case - being played outside of a midfield role.

This year was the first he was set to play first rotation midfield all year, he was flying until he got injured in rd.5, has played sore while trying to get his fitness base up to scratch ever since.

So while it may say on paper that he's played 9/12 games this year, there's a pretty massive asterix next to the raw stats and the simplest way to put situation in words is to say that he 'needs continuity in his football.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back