List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading the SEN article about why Zach Merrett stayed at Essendon. Part of this sentence immediately jumped out at me.

"Secondly, there’s a real sense of buy-in and alignment across the place. I think guys are really enjoying getting to work and celebrating each other along the journey as well."

The key part for me there is "celebrating each other". I may be reading way too far into this so apologies if that might be the case. Anyway, I'm not sure why it irks me so much, but this is Richmond terminology that we and only we have been using since 2017, at least as far as I know. I've heard Dimma and Cotchin mention it in the media, other players too, I've seen it talked about in the Konrad Marshall books etc. I don't begrudge the Bombers taking inspiration from us and if anything really it's a compliment, and I don't not want them to do well (a good friend barracks for them) - though not at our expense - but, seriously, could they just bugger off a little bit?

- First it was Dan Richardson
- Then it's Ben Rutten
- Then it's Caracella
- Then it's Townsend (to be fair we delisted him)
- Then they were trying for Houli
- Then they bid on MRJ
- They have clearly copied the game plan
- Now they are apparently trying to poach Bolton

I've also noticed a change in Dyson Heppell, he carries this kind of goofy smile around during games like he's trying to not take things too seriously, ala Cotchin's shift in mentality and outward personality as captain from 2017. He also does the same entry as Cotchin where he turns his back on the field to touch hands with the rest of the side as they run on to the ground. It's like he's just trying to be the same guy.

I think what annoys me the most is that we built this identity for ourselves in 2017 and onward, an attacking pressure side on the field, then a real sense of fun and "celebrating each other" both on and off the field. I don't even necessarily care about the flags we've won recently, I care about the identity itself, seeing the team play in such a way that makes you enjoy going to watch them again and be proud of your team. Had we lost the GF in 2017 we'd have been upset of course, but geez we'd have still been stoked with the season and so proud of our new Richmond. I know that's easier to say knowing what we've achieved since, but I'm serious, having been going to the footy since 1992 I've seen all of the bad of Richmond, the very, very long of it, so to finally create and achieve a new identity almost overnight was and has been amazing, something that felt unique to us (seemingly anyway).

So yeah I wish Essendon would just stop with the copying almost literally every aspect of us, because I fear that the more they strip from us, the more we may actually come to lose those things in the process. We've only had this identity since 2017, just bugger off please.
Let's face it, by the time they get the hang of it the next best thing will have surpassed it. They're probably still trying to work out how to do the online plank challenge at Essendon.

Downplay our interest in him. Have heard a name we are interested in and I'd be wrapt if it happened.
Just give us his parents names and we'll take it from there.

A you hearing the Narkle rumors to ?.Have we gone cold on Constable.

Have heard the Narkle rumours. He's about 90% done to us at this stage.

Still some interest in Constable if we can get him cheap, but he is likely to look elsewhere.

Sounds a good prospect. Hopefully he doesn't shoot too far out of our range

Most have him mid to late 1st round. Given we have 11 and 16 at the moment, we should be able to take him as long as he doesn't shoot up the board with a strong national champs or combine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eyre is a long way of it atm.
That's an interesting suggestion. We were pretty keen on Eyre. Rated him ahead of Ryan.

If Ross is being loved by the Bombers and he wants to leave then Eyre would make sense
or it will be a swap of pick (richmond 3rd / bombers 2nd )

But we did bid on Eyre in the draft so we must rate him and no denying we need a young KPD

Really hoping we can nab Jacob Van Rooyen in the draft, seems to be the ideal replacement for Jack at this stage.
Hearing we want a big bodied, goalkicking mid. Ned Long is a player I have heard us being interested in. 192 cm, 89 kg, can play inside, loves to tackle and can go forward an impact the scoreboard as well.

My wish list before round 1 was
2 x 1st rounders
JVR & BAZZO
2 x 2nd Rounder
LONG & ERASMUS (clearly he has flown up the charts now)

Most have him mid to late 1st round. Given we have 11 and 16 at the moment, we should be able to take him as long as he doesn't shoot up the board with a strong national champs or combine.
From what i have read he has not really jumped up the charts and appears to be losing some value according to the guys on the drafts board
Hoping our St Kilda 2nd rounder we get that done (if we still holding that pick)

Give him Prestias jumper prior too the champs.

In all seriousness.
Glad Cerra is the only prime target and if we don't land him then we go too the draft.
Keen on Narkle but not so Wallis.
Love for us to get involved for the dogs 1st rnd.

The Doggies 1st Rounder should be well and truly in our sights and we have good assets to extract that from them

Cerra - I rather this didnt get done unless its at just 1 of our 1st rounders and maybe a 2nd (richmonds)

Narkle should have been done last year and most here said the same thing, He will be more expensive both dollars & Picks now

In all seriousness.
Glad Cerra is the only prime target and if we don't land him then we go too the draft.
Keen on Narkle but not so Wallis.
Love for us to get involved for the dogs 1st rnd.
One thing re Wallace is that he does bring in leadership experience
He’s been dogs VC for quite a while and although he’s been playing forward last two years he’s very handy in the middle as well so would complement our team with guys that can swap between the two roles
For the right price he could be a very decent pick up

One thing re Wallace is that he does bring in leadership experience
He’s been dogs VC for quite a while and although he’s been playing forward last two years he’s very handy in the middle as well so would complement our team with guys that can swap between the two roles
For the right price he could be a very decent pick up

You put wallis and cotchin together and you get something faster than my grandmother in her wheelchiar, no thanks

I cant see how Wallis gets done

If he is to leave the Doggies he would be wanting to go to a team he will get the most amount of guaranteed games and that is not at Richmond and he will always be a player thats on the fringes. and at the age of 29 he will want to make the most of whats left.

Gold Coast / St Kilda / Carlton / Freo

I cant see how Wallis gets done

If he is to leave the Doggies he would be wanting to go to a team he will get the most amount of guaranteed games and that is not at Richmond and he will always be a player thats on the fringes. and at the age of 29 he will want to make the most of whats left.

Gold Coast / St Kilda / Carlton / Freo
He's the medical sub tonight .
Narkle is a late in tonight.
Ed Richards 25 possessions tonight anyone think he's worth a look for wing spot ? 188 85 kg and is quick .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back