List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we focusing on the past instead of the future??

Do not get the Higgins move, and even Turner, where is our improvement coming from and how are we contending in five years time?
RCD
Rossy
Dow
Hugo
Martyn
CCJ
Stack
What are they a bowl of goldfish

What happened to ESS chasing Higgo? Thought they were the main chaser 🤷‍♂️ If the deal is s**t we don’t actually have to trade him.

Shame to delist English and Turner but it is what it is.

More to the point of people trying to justify higgo being worth a 1st round pick because that’s where he was drafted

North got Aiden Bonar last trade period off gws for nothing. He was pick 11 in 2017 (same draft as Higgins)

GOT Aiden Bonar and a future fourth-round pick - GAVE AWAY a future third-round pick

Bonar had done * all at AFL level and he had a majorly dodge knee. Plus GWS don’t value draft picks like every other club because they’ve had so many, they also give away players they don’t want to keep.

yep.

They are not playing.

I rate most of them but Balta, Baker and Bolton are playing.

Who can we move on to give more a go?

You aren't moving anyone unless they want to go. Jack and Houli might go after next year and maybe Astbury then Cotchin the year after that but you ain't moving them on now.

You go all out for the flags while you can.

yep.

They are not playing.

I rate most of them but Balta, Baker and Bolton are playing.

Who can we move on to give more a go?
Why are we moving on performing senior players just so some unproven kids can get a game?

If any of those players are best 22 next year they’ll be playing anyway.

Why are we moving on performing senior players just so some unproven kids can get a game?

Yup those who are good enough will break through and force themselves to be played like Baker or Balta

The others will continue to do there thing in the vfl or scratch matches until they are ready

Don’t need to be playing afl to be improving

Why are we focusing on the past instead of the future??

Do not get the Higgins move, and even Turner, where is our improvement coming from and how are we contending in five years time?
Interesting to look back 5 years, it shows what smart list management has done for the club.
No reason it won't continue.

Gone-
Jackson, King, Arnot (re rookied) , Aron Edwards, Heilbig, O'Hanlon, the big O, Banfield, Williams and Darrou.

Draft- all of them are now gone.
Drummond, Cellis, Menadue, Butler, McKenzie, Hunt.

Rookie Draft - now we're talking
Short, Lambert, Soldo, George,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgo thinks he's a midfielder.

He is well down that order at our club.

I could see him as a dedicated Fwd pocket - but his midfield use would be well behind Jack Ross, RCD, even Caddy et al .... so it's all for the best.

Good player though, but like Butler he goes with no ill feeling and best wishes.

We'll always have "that" goal!!

Stk for sure, decent contract in front of him to i believe.

he’s a lambo type IMO. I think we saw him as a Toby Greene type but he’s more of the former. And not as good a kick.

But I am not Australia, selling my sole for a quick fix, I want to be like China and build a dynasty.

I am looking long term.

I am not looking at what some one can do next year.

I am looking at what players can do for the next four to five years.

Are some of our managers looking to pull the pin because the focus seems very short term??

Do some in charge feel they have reached the everest and are bathing in their own bath water like the nineteen eighties??

You realise some of these so-called senior players are role players?? There is only one Dusty Martin and do you think Dusty cannot win a premiership at 40?

If other guys kick multiple goals in grand finals with the disposals other than Dusty I will put my hand up and be the first to admit I am wrong!!!

If we had other guys win the Norm Smith okay, you have a point!!!

Let see, who come second?? Himm Short and he is 24. Who was third?? Edwards, okay he can make a case to stick around, why not? The reason Edwards has a case is also because Edwards is light and could play for multiple years yet in his role.

Last edited:
I really can’t see Hogan coming here to be honest. Unless there’s a major change it’s just not worth bringing him in. Firstly would he take unders to come here? Then there’s the fact he’s not really a serious AFL player more like a guy just doing the bare minimum to get his paycheque so he can party like a rockstar.

If he came to us he’d have to:

1. Buy in fully to the Richmond ethos.
2. Really want to be the best football player he can be, not half arse it doing the bare minimum. Actually realise his potential.
3. Do the hard work to get his body and mind healthy.

I honestly hope he does pull it all together and make something of himself whether that’s with us or another club. Though I will say if he does pick us (if we are even in the race) I bet he’ll throw up in his first preseason with us lol

I really can’t see Hogan coming here to be honest. Unless there’s a major change it’s just not worth bringing him in. Firstly would he take unders to come here? Then there’s the fact he’s not really a serious AFL player more like a guy just doing the bare minimum to get his paycheque so he can party like a rockstar.

If he came to us he’d have to:

1. Buy in fully to the Richmond ethos.
2. Really want to be the best football player he can be, not half arse it doing the bare minimum. Actually realise his potential.
3. Do the hard work to get his body and mind healthy.

I honestly hope he does pull it all together and make something of himself whether that’s with us or another club. Though I will say if he does pick us (if we are even in the race) I bet he’ll throw up in his first preseason with us lol

You know why I can see why he does not come to RFC?? He has not earn't it. No free games at Richmond. No games because we think I he might turn it around, and we are going to do the heavy lifting.

Our team can do the heavy lifting but Hogan has to do the heavy lifting to and he has to earn the opportunity in the first place in which he hasn't!!

Its all very well to talk about Lambert resilience and determination to get there the hard way, it means little if Hogan gets a life line for little reason!!

Higgins has the box seat at training everyday as to quality of our young players coming through.Maybe he can see there are some guns coming and he’s not confident of getting games next year so open to a move.

I reckon there’s a few who look to be dropping off the pace at the top level that higgo can easily slot in for

Castagna
Lambert
Rioli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon there’s a few who look to be dropping off the pace at the top level that higgo can easily slot in for

Castagna
Lambert
Rioli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree, throughout the year I watch the players all the time and I am looking for lulls and a drop in competitiveness especially when fighting father time is an opponent. I do not want Richmond becoming another Geelong that are downhill skiers and too old to get the chocolates when it comes to the business end!!!

The other thing is another 12 months is a long time especially at the pointy end and the hunger needs to remain otherwise we will not be winning didly!!

In my opinion Lambert has slipped from a year or so a go, not much but possibly ever so slightly in general as a distant observer. He still has earn't his spot but it is and will get harder. He went well in one of the finals but he can't do the impossible and people need to understand the next generations are taller and sometimes quicker. Look at Balta, he is a physical freak!!

The other thing is having players biting at their heels keeps the players like Castagna working on their game and playing at their optimum.

I looked at Selwood in the Grand Final and I thought I saw he was going to brake down he looked so forlorn and withered with the continual finals campaigns he has had!! It catches up with the best of them which is why breaks and support with refreshers like with Edwards this year does wonders!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back