List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant believe we got him as a rookie
& Short as a rookie. Not enough gets said about our rookie selections. It is the key to our dynasty in my opinion (outside of Dusty of course)

Baker, Short, Soldo, Castagna, Sydney, Chol, Aarts, Eggs, Pickett (not technically, but you know what i mean), Grimes (not technically, but a PSD selection)

View attachment 998225

Really guys, I wish people would stop giving air to that bullshit disproved rumour about Rance and Higgins 🤦‍♂️ I hate seeing that sh*t on other boards let alone here.

To reiterate, I have NO inside knowledge & don't claim to - pure speculation on my behalf. Don't take it and run with it at all.

But, if Rance does make a shock comeback while Higgins makes a rather surprising request to leave, then perhaps there was a fairly innocent level of truth to it. They are all just human's and just as vulnerable to the pitfalls of life. If it were true, it doesn't mean anything negative at all - just that they are humans with feelings like the rest of us, I certainly dont blame or judge people for making errors in judgement when in a time of personal crisi - that is the real issue here (if true) - the public get on a high horse about stuff that is common place.. Nothing to be ashamed of in my book. Sometimes, s**t just gets weird

They have picks 5,24,35 and some later picks.
It’d be nice if we could somehow make a play for that pick 5. Markov and our R1 wouldn’t get it done.
GC are on record as saying they’d trade their first round selection

Gold Coast only said they’d be willing to trade 5 for a gun/A grader under 26. So unless you trade a Bolton or Balta ( and even then it might not happen) we are not even getting them to the table.

Hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader:)

It's great to see that Broady will be re-signing, a very underrated player indeed. Without him in the Grand Final, i think we don't win with Vloss down.

As sad as it would be to see Higgins depart, i think if we can get a pick in the teens for him - its a small price to pay for sustained success.

The only player i would love to see us get during this off-season would be Jesse Hogan, a bit controversial i know. But in terms of a long term replacement for Jack & to partner alongside Tom, I couldn't think of a better player when playing at his full potential. I personally feel very sad for Jesse, he is not a "bad egg" in the same way Bennell etc are. He was a player whose career was on target prior to injury, the death of his father & cancer took over his life. He appears to have lost guidance in his life since his father passed. After hearing Dusty talk about how Dimma is like a second father to these boys - "a friend first, a coach second".... seeing how he has had a profound effect on players like Marlion, Sydney, Dusty - I think Dimma sounds like the exact right person to get his life back on track & i think the club could really benefit, long-term, in doing so. Basically get him in and tell him - spend a year playing in the VFL learning our system, out of the spotlight & learning our system. Then next year when Jack (likely) retires, we have a brilliant replacement. Jesse at his best lead up the ground and did it as well as anyone - he is EXACTLY the type of power forward we need to complement Tom Lynch.

With Higgins, its really sad to see him go. Very well loved in the club & with the supporters. Realistically though, I am not sure he fits into our team. He was most influential for us when he was an unpredictable live wire forward, playing on instinct. For whatever reason he has moved away from being that since his brain surgery and seems to want to be more of a running mid. I don't think he has the speed to be that for us & i also don't think he has the field vision, silky hands and creative kicking to be the type of player we need him to be as a midfielder. He isn'y really an "in & under" - he would be a bit like Lambert, with no height and not as skilled and the same instincts.

One person I am still very interested in also is Rance. i think its fair to say he is odds on to not come back - but with Higgins leaving, I wonder if there is an increased chance of this now. We all know the rumours last off-season about Higgins/Rance. I don't believe in them either, but perhaps there was a certain level of truth in it - certainly not as dramatic as the story told was, but just a little bit of awkwardness between them all. I would absolutely love to see Rance come back for one more season. He looks to have kept his fitness & he has clearly kept himself mentally in the game with his known guidance for Balta.
With Soldo down, Balta could move to the ultimate swingman being the back up ruckman - spending time fwd & back & also on the wing - Our backline would then be Grimes, Rance, Astbury, Houli - with Broad, Short, Baker, Vloss rotating through it and around the ground. This concept might be more idealistic than anything else - but we certainly need to consider how we are going to handle our ruck next year. Toby does not appear to be capable of 22 full games & I think Chol could never be a #1 option. With CCJ suspended and still very unproven at senior level - we need something added.

Anyhow, thats my 2 cents. Go Tigers
With these 2, and i am just reading the tea leaves - perhaps something like this happened. I have no inside knowledge, but i have lived a life where i has seen things like this happen, its called living a life. Where nothing actually "happened", but lines became blurred and perhaps to some - crossed.

When Higgins was getting his brain surgery, Alex supported his girlfriend, as Alex Rance does, he is famous for it.

During that process, Higgins young partner, feeling vunerable and alone, is supported by a much older, very attractive, sweet man who is very attentive to her well being. During this friendship, she develops a certain level of feelings for Alex, perhaps mistaking his kindness for it being reciprocated - she crosses somewhat of a line - Alex does not reciprocate it, but decides that to protect her he will keep it between just them. Circumstances happen where she tells Jack or someone, a result of guilt, the news gets out and grows legs of its own - Alex's wife finds out & their already frayed relationship breaks apart as she felt deceived. I have literally seen this happen in life - more times than i can recall.

So although Alex and Jack hold no ill feelings together, Alex's return to the club makes it untenable for Jack & his partner. That, along with the fact Jack was told he would be unlikely to get time in the midfield like he would prefer made the decision for him to leave. The club accept it, all shake hands and move on.

I don't care what anyone says, but the teams handling of Alex's retirement was incredibly "off". The club as a whole lacked the same energy and cohesion we are famous for up until we got up to the hub. The COVID situation ended up covering it up nicely, but even before it - the club seemed broken and divided.

Do not take any of this as a truth - it isn't. It's just me spitballing a situation that still doesnt add up and piecing pieces together to wonder "what if". I'm very surprised to see Higgins leave. He got 10 games this year & is coming off brain surgery. He was given more chances than most in his talent pool at the club, he is clearly a Dimma favourite. There is no real way i would have given more games to Higgins than Markov, CCJ, RCD, Eggs - but he played more games then all of them combined. For him to leave for opportunity doesn't really add up for me

Welcome. Rance isn’t coming out of retirement.

Gold Coast only said they’d be willing to trade 5 for a gun/A grader under 26. So unless you trade a Bolton or Balta ( and even then it might not happen) we are not even getting them to the table.

Most likely. Got any reason to believe that - or just reading the tea leaves like myself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main reason for wanting him is, I think he is very good.

Statistically, Peter Wrights form peaked and dropped based on his partnership with Tom Lynch. When Lynch was missing from injury - or left to come to us - his form dramatically dropped. Google the stats of both players and see for yourself - when they both played 16-22 games each in a season, they both had excellent seasons. I also think he is more mobile than people give him credit for and he could be a better long term ruck option than Ivan. Even before Ivans injury i thought he had basically peaked as a player. With a serious knee injury to boot, I think him just maintaining that form in the next 3 years is a "best case" scenario.

Don't let the fact Peter wasn't getting a game make you think he can't play. Dan Butler couldn't get a game for us last year either. Google his highlights and watch him move around the ground - excellent below his knees for such a tall man too. Teach him our system - if we can teach Ivan that system successfully, we can honestly teach anyone. Ivan was the roughest diamond you could imagine.

The biggest issue with Peter would be his horrid contract. Apparently its quite massive - around $500k

I thought Wright did not see himself as a ruckman??

One of our issues is we have plenty that can ruck and Nank does a mighty effort

To reiterate, I have NO inside knowledge & don't claim to - pure speculation on my behalf. Don't take it and run with it at all.

But, if Rance does make a shock comeback while Higgins makes a rather surprising request to leave, then perhaps there was a fairly innocent level of truth to it. They are all just human's and just as vulnerable to the pitfalls of life. If it were true, it doesn't mean anything negative at all - just that they are humans with feelings like the rest of us, I certainly dont blame or judge people for making errors in judgement when in a time of personal crisi - that is the real issue here (if true) - the public get on a high horse about stuff that is common place.. Nothing to be ashamed of in my book. Sometimes, sh*t just gets weird

If you don’t know why say anything at all? If you want to discuss it take it to the rumours & scandals board please. That bullshit rumour was shot down not long after it came about and it’s disrespectful to Alex, Higgins and Higgins missus to keep giving it air.

Most likely. Got any reason to believe that - or just reading the tea leaves like myself?
Rance said so a couple of days ago in I think it was the Geelong Advertiser.

Gold coke trying to fu** us dry like aints VB_longneck

we are like a St Vincent’s De Paul op shop of the AFL , Minnow clubs like s**t coast and s**t kilda go the op shop to buy some seconds at low prices, they don’t even pay just go in with no lube .

With these 2, and i am just reading the tea leaves - perhaps something like this happened. I have no inside knowledge, but i have lived a life where i has seen things like this happen, its called living a life. Where nothing actually "happened", but lines became blurred and perhaps to some - crossed.

When Higgins was getting his brain surgery, Alex supported his girlfriend, as Alex Rance does, he is famous for it.

During that process, Higgins young partner, feeling vunerable and alone, is supported by a much older, very attractive, sweet man who is very attentive to her well being. During this friendship, she develops a certain level of feelings for Alex, perhaps mistaking his kindness for it being reciprocated - she crosses somewhat of a line - Alex does not reciprocate it, but decides that to protect her he will keep it between just them. Circumstances happen where she tells Jack or someone, a result of guilt, the news gets out and grows legs of its own - Alex's wife finds out & their already frayed relationship breaks apart as she felt deceived. I have literally seen this happen in life - more times than i can recall.

So although Alex and Jack hold no ill feelings together, Alex's return to the club makes it untenable for Jack & his partner. That, along with the fact Jack was told he would be unlikely to get time in the midfield like he would prefer made the decision for him to leave. The club accept it, all shake hands and move on.

I don't care what anyone says, but the teams handling of Alex's retirement was incredibly "off". The club as a whole lacked the same energy and cohesion we are famous for up until we got up to the hub. The COVID situation ended up covering it up nicely, but even before it - the club seemed broken and divided.

Do not take any of this as a truth - it isn't. It's just me spitballing a situation that still doesnt add up and piecing pieces together to wonder "what if". I'm very surprised to see Higgins leave. He got 10 games this year & is coming off brain surgery. He was given more chances than most in his talent pool at the club, he is clearly a Dimma favourite. There is no real way i would have given more games to Higgins than Markov, CCJ, RCD, Eggs - but he played more games then all of them combined. For him to leave for opportunity doesn't really add up for me

Thats some interesting spitballing. What do you think of a foot massage and is that why Marcelous Wallace threw Tony R off the roof?

What else did the sewing circle come up with?

I was just floating the idea of making a play for GC R1 pick.

Do I think it’s likely- no.

Would a combination of Markov, our R1,R2 and Higgins compo be a chance- still probably no.

But like the idea of attempting to trade up. Land a gun kpf in the draft would be awesome long term

we are like a St Vincent’s De Paul op shop of the AFL , Minnow clubs like sh*t coast and sh*t kilda go the op shop to buy some seconds at low prices, they don’t even pay just go in with no lube .
Yep st vincents in the centre of brighton

I was just floating the idea of making a play for GC R1 pick.

Do I think it’s likely- no.

Would a combination of Markov, our R1,R2 and Higgins compo be a chance- still probably no.

But like the idea of attempting to trade up. Land a gun kpf in the draft would be awesome long term

I would do it, not sure GC would

If you don’t know why say anything at all? If you want to discuss it take it to the rumours & scandals board please. That bullshit rumour was shot down not long after it came about and it’s disrespectful to Alex, Higgins and Higgins missus to keep giving it air.

a little over zealous, I did make it abundantly clear in every way that i was reading the tea leaves which is something near all footy journalism, reporting is based on, and forum material for that matter. When you are given only 10% of the story, its very hard to discuss it in its entirety & as a member and supporter of the boys - we do discuss most matters.

On that note, i will leave it be and go back to being a long time reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back