List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS pull yourself together.

Lol, I'm just honest. What? If he announced tomorrow he was joining up with Danger, Hawkins the& Cameron you would wish him luck & give him a cuddle? Reality is a member would leave a truck full of chicken poo out the front of the Jehovah's parish

I've said elsewhere I don't think he will, but if he did im not going to act like it be cool about it, would be a total cuck reaction. Even Obi wan cut the friendship with Anakin when he turned to the darkside, just what you do😂

Last edited:
Richmond wont trade in players just for the sake of it or because supporters want it to happen. Theyre a professional outfit these days down at Punt Road and Im sure whatever they decide it will be best for the list. Im happy for them to just take 3 kids in the draft.
I honestly would rather we dont bring Hogan to Richmond, Just dont see him as a good fit. I would rather target a player/s like both the Himmelbergs
We could have 1 at each end

Wow, so you are saying the club hasnt even spoken to him. If true, very poor - what happened to due dilligence? We are in the middle of a dynasty run & we havent got any genuine replacement for Jack Riewoldt in the pipe lines. Why on earth would u not have a chat? I remember Buddy being a shoe in for GWS once, didnt work out as Swans got in there & sold him the dream.

And Balme said months ago we wont bring anyone in? That's incredulous to believe. We just lost Soldo & Toby has missed nearly half the games with injury over the past 2 years. Ccj is untried & suspended & Chol cant ruck & goes missing regulary. If Toby falls to injury we will be going for a treble with zero Ruckman, or a couple of unreliable kids. No team in history has won a GF without a genuine ruckman, proper Ruckman

There is no shame in trading for other teams players. Every dynasty required help to be maintained - hawks were brilliant with there moves for Gibson, Frawley, Lake & McAvoy, & If we hadn't traded in 2016 our dynasty would never have happened.

Seems rather crap foresight from such a well run club to make such decisions 8 weeks before the season ends... If true of course

All of that was discussed but the consenus was we need fresh legs and not stop gaps for a year or two we need 10 20 year players

We have chol ccj balta we as a club don't really rate the ruck poison unless there super athletic

There is also the potential for every club too take 2 delisted players and put them in there vfl side outside main list paid vfl wages but can play afl when injuries strike almost a super rookie that's being discussed so can potentially have a Ruckman forward there

I back the club in I'm sure they will pounce on trades when they feel the list needs it

Anyone reckon we are a chance to get Patrick Cripps next season?

Nakia Cockatoo Collins would be a good get and suit our style and as for Hogan no fu.ken way id be bringing him to the club .

This👍🐯

We are about to learn a lot about Jesse Hogan, the man.

He needs to look at the choices his contempories made.

Jeremy Cameron is literalky leaving GWS to chase success for a team that wants it. Lynch was the same.

Winners dont move to hide. They move to escape it. End of story.
Some mishmashed comparisons here. Lynch came from an unsuccessful Qld club. Very low profile situation to the opposite. Cameron was in a GF 1 year ago moving to Geelong, a club that perennially challenges. Hogan went from Melbourne to Perth, both footy mad cities. If he wants low profile, then go to Sydney. Hogan's sins have probably been to do with strikes from drug testing. Which the general public is never told about and a referred to in roundabout ways. COVID protocol breach too I think. I guess we are about to find out about the club transition plan for JR.

Wow, so you are saying the club hasnt even spoken to him. If true, very poor - what happened to due dilligence? We are in the middle of a dynasty run & we havent got any genuine replacement for Jack Riewoldt in the pipe lines. Why on earth would u not have a chat? I remember Buddy being a shoe in for GWS once, didnt work out as Swans got in there & sold him the dream.

And Balme said months ago we wont bring anyone in? That's incredulous to believe. We just lost Soldo & Toby has missed nearly half the games with injury over the past 2 years. Ccj is untried & suspended & Chol cant ruck & goes missing regulary. If Toby falls to injury we will be going for a treble with zero Ruckman, or a couple of unreliable kids. No team in history has won a GF without a genuine ruckman, proper Ruckman

There is no shame in trading for other teams players. Every dynasty required help to be maintained - hawks were brilliant with there moves for Gibson, Frawley, Lake & McAvoy, & If we hadn't traded in 2016 our dynasty would never have happened.

Seems rather crap foresight from such a well run club to make such decisions 8 weeks before the season ends... If true of course
Ruck depth is more of an issue than KPF depth. CJ and Chol can provide both. So the 22 has 3 KPF and I genuine ruck options. After watching us use Chol this season I have no doubt CJ can be an improvement on that role. If not Balta.
I've got a feeling JR might even extend his contract by a year. Don't think he was at his best living in the hub.
GWS like to play 3 KPF so it's doable. Interesting days ahead

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone reckon we are a chance to get Patrick Cripps next season?
Get the band back together 34DE594D-9F65-48AE-AEE5-BC4C02BD9947.jpeg 29AAE47B-6A65-425B-82BB-21833B0F1B2B.jpeg

Great stuff by GWS matching the Cameron offer (if true).

Cats would have been licking their grubby lips with FA signings and then going to the draft with multiple R1 selections.

GWS will now take those early picks draft some kids who’ll return home in 3 years 😂

And so the balance is maintained 👏
The cats bent over wc sideways and went in dry for the uncontracted kelly who failed to break top 5 in bf this year. As they say in the classics , what goes around

Hogan was a lock at gws months ago in his court case to do with the quarintine breach his lawyer said to the judge Hogan was in the process to move to a rugby state

We havnt even said hi to him

Neil blame said 8 weeks ago we would not bring anyone in and would make bare minimum list changes and head to draft for next 2 years to start to rebuild the list they do not want to top up yearly
Not sure I believe you that we haven't even spoken to Hogan.

Some of the stuff you've been posting on here as "mail" (the Rance stuff), is clearly pulled from made up posts on Twitter.

You know, when you are on a track, and it is working, why change?

We’ve got 5 players on our list from other clubs, all have been enormous for us, all appear of great character, all were young when recruited and all fill some sort of obvious need. Each of them has played in multiple premierships.

Houli 22 when recruited
Lynch 25
Caddy 23
Prestia 23
Nankervis 22.

We used only one first round, one second round and one third round pick to get that lot to the club. We didn’t overpay any of them in terms of salary. So we have repeatedly gone to the draft. We have mainly lowered our colours ever trade period, lost every draft, and won 3 of the last 4 premierships.

And there are people wanting us to join the annual clamber for older players, or known troubled players.

As the great 200-400 metre runner Michael Johnson once said when a reporter asked him how much better he might be if he ran with a more orthodox running technique:

“If I ran the same way my competitors do, I would be back with them, not further ahead.”

We know we are short one lumbering ruckman due to the Soldo injury. So there may be a need to recruit some short term mature cover for that position, or not. But I would not like to see the club adopting policies that are failing for other clubs, and abandon policies that are succeeding for us. That would be insane.

Last edited:
I feel Hogan is worth a chance, but if we don't get him I'm not fussed.
I still think we start swinging Balta forward more next season to see if he can become our Riewoldt replacement. Miller/Garth/Biggie/Chol can become the Astbury & Grimes replacements.
Also there should be a couple of forward options with our first draft pick, but obviously unknown as to whether they will be a bust.

Worst comes to worst, Jack retires in a year and we have to rethink our forward structure around what we have: Lynch, CCJ, Dusty & small pressure crumbers?

rendell said hogan is a lock to gws
Welcome to Richmond Jesse hogan then

I feel Hogan is worth a chance, but if we don't get him I'm not fussed.
I still think we start swinging Balta forward more next season to see if he can become our Riewoldt replacement. Miller/Garth/Biggie/Chol can become the Astbury & Grimes replacements.
Also there should be a couple of forward options with our first draft pick, but obviously unknown as to whether they will be a bust.

Worst comes to worst, Jack retires in a year and we have to rethink our forward structure around what we have: Lynch, CCJ, Dusty & small pressure crumbers?
Throw Caddy into the equation too. Unbelievable good medium forward.

The cats bent over wc sideways and went in dry for the uncontracted kelly who failed to break top 5 in bf this year. As they say in the classics , what goes around
2 first rounders is about market price these days. I think it's too much but Treloar was worth it, Shiel nah. Maybe give another year before writing him off. Maybe didn't handle COVID disruption well

whiney flog said:
Lots of opposition supporters are absolutely hanging out to see Geelong squirm. Years of Geelong beating them on and off the field will do that :)
realistic flog said:
I wouldnt be so smug about that..... We havent won anything for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back