List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Forget the little run of injuries we've suddenly got, I reckon we need to be prepared adopt a bit more of a rotational policy amongst our players rated 15-30. We've understandably been running by an "if it ain't broke" philosophy in recent times, and it's served us really well. But if we're seriously going to sustain this dynasty we're going to need to get 30-40 games into our current fringe youngsters over the next 2-3 years.

Necessity is the mother of invention, so this week maybe the ideal opportunity to throw a handful of these young hopefuls - Ross, RCD, Martyn, Ralphsmith, Chol, Naish etc - into the cauldron, so they can all grow and perhaps celebrate the occasion together, whilst still surrounded by the likes of Dusty, Jack, Grimes, Lynchy, Nank et al. At the very least we need to find out their credentials whilst we still have the luxury of easing them out of the team if they don't improve over the next month.

Recent history has shown that the injection of some younger talent at various times, albeit very very occasionally, has actually enhanced the performance of the senior team rather than detracted from it. Let's get away from the out-dated concept of just staying in the XXII if you've played a decent game, and getting dropped if you've played an ordinary game. Let's embrace the bigger picture and integrate our young talent now.

having said that, they have to earn it to a degree.

Counter point is older players get injuried more and no one beats father time not even the greatest

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Wrong decision offering him so much money.

Markov > Broad
Butler > Rioli
Ross > Graham

We’ll lose Ross because of Graham. Dimma loves these plodders who have been protected by a system. Once the system breaks down their lack of talent is exposed.

I do not see Graham and Ross necessarily doing the same role. Both can play in the same team at some point can they not?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I never made a claim that I knew. You did.
Then you need to be asked the question of why would you ask what he is being paid on a footy forum if you are actually looking for evidence and proof of his salary ? Do you work for Taxation dept ?

You will never get an exact guaranteed answer with proof in a footy forum , I would go as far as to say you wont get that answer anywhere
but i will remember in the future not to bother with your posts

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We need another ruckman I think the tigers should go after ragga from Geelong maybe offer their first rounder back depending on where it sits he can take a big grab in the forward line and play Ruck of course
Hoping CJ can make that role his by seasons end.
I feel confident that he can but not so confident about our young kpb’s (apart from Balta) That’s where I reckon we should be focusing our efforts

RJKTiger

Team Captain
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Hoping CJ can make that role his by seasons end.
I feel confident that he can but not so confident about our young kpb’s (apart from Balta) That’s where I reckon we should be focusing our efforts

Has CCJ even been playing as a ruck? From everything i have read over the past 2 years he has been played as a forward. I think the team see's Soldo as our #1 long term ruck and CCJ as relief only.

I am not really sure if i think CCJ can play as a ruck as i dont think he moves fast enough and am not convinced he has the endurance to chase and tackle etc.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
The only people who would agree with you are the Richmond supporters on here who think every single one of our battlers are bonafide stars. Butler made the AA squad last season FFS. He’s kicked one goal this year, Daniel has a grand total of two. Only one of the two has been dropped though and it ain’t Butler.

You could surround Lachie Plowman with guys like Rance, Balta, Grimes, Vlastuin and Astbury and he wouldn’t concede a goal. Plus we’ve won our Grand Finals by an average of about ten goals so Broad hasn’t really had to do a great deal. People act like he’s the first player named. He was dropped last season. He tries hard, but he’s extremely limited.

Ross is a taller and faster version of Graham who can actually find the ball. It took Graham 33 games to get over 25 touches. It took Ross three. Stats aren’t everything and I understand Graham is given a defensive role, but you can do both. The best defensive midfielders don’t sacrifice their offensive games. Elliot Yeo and Jack Steele are two examples that come to mind.

And stating an opinion in which the overwhelming majority of the football community would agree with is not a howler. A howler is saying we don’t need Josh Kelly because we have Hugo Ralphsmith. One of yours IIRC?
Rioli has kicked 4 you troll, now piss off and do your research before you even. A t t e m p t a right of reply you get a reputation for posting bs you know

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Rioli has kicked 4 you troll, now piss off and do your research before you even. A t t e m p t a right of reply you get a reputation for posting bs you know
Taylor Walker has kicked more goals than Jack. Guess you rate Tex higher than Jack then?

Taylor Walker has kicked more goals than Jack. Guess you rate Tex higher than Jack then?
Tex is the best key forward in the comp right now to say he isn’t is just silly

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Wrong decision offering him so much money.

Markov > Broad
Butler > Rioli
Ross > Graham

We’ll lose Ross because of Graham. Dimma loves these plodders who have been protected by a system. Once the system breaks down their lack of talent is exposed.
Rofl Broad is way better than Markov.

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
#1 KPF Lynch - CCJ as replacement?
I'm not convinced CCJ will make it. Certainly not as a replacement for Tom Lynch, one of the elite forwards of the comp. If anything I see CCJ as a poor man's Rowan Marshall... A tall, but lumbering 3rd forward who can clunk the odd mark, and share some ruck duties.

Hopefully his development comes on quickly and he proves me wrong.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
He has managed to get 8 touches in a quarter the last time he took the field in an AFL game
To be fair, he came on fresh at the point in the game where everyone else was rooted...

Has he always has that unreliable, under 10's style ball drop? I can't recall it from previous years when I've seen him.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

dusty1234!

2017 2019 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
So, Tom Green on our radar according to T71. What does everyone think?

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Pass, He has signed a contract extension so he's going too cost plenty in $ and picks .
So, Tom Green on our radar according to T71. What does everyone think?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s never been given a good run at it to show.
Ross has had games but has never put a couple of good games in a row to demand selection. At this stage yes he's still behind others. Including Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back