List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I really hope we're one of the teams looking at trading for Oscar Allen. Looks like a gun in the making, only issue is we've never seen him play against the best defenders, he normally gets oppo 2nd/3rd defenders.
No chance we would be , to leave his home state he’d need to be offered something outrageous, don’t think it will happen , Post Boyd , clubs have pulled their heads in

One eye on McAsey I'm sure.

Allen would cost an arm and a leg. Eagles have him pencilled in as Kennedy's replacement from next year. Brander becomes the third tall forward.
Yep as much as I’d love Allen, who is a super talent, he’s going nowhere. Have heard that he’s much loved by club and teammates earmarked as a future leader.

Getting a young gun tall forward out of any club will be like pulling teeth as well as being super expensive. Most, like Balta, are signed up pretty early because any sign of potential you have to lock it away quick smart. The two I’d be interested in are Allen (was hoping we’d pick him in the draft 😕) and Mitch Georgiades who Port have already re-signed until 2023. Better believe the Swans (McDonald), Suns (BKing) & Saints (MKing) will hold on them with everything they have, the players will probably be able to write their own check because decent key forwards are so hard to find.

We’ve actually be pretty lucky with Richo and Jack (both drafted) and we have also been massively kissed on the dick when Lynch nominated us because most of the other forwards that have moved clubs recently, whether FA or trade, have been genuinely complete s**t.

Hogan x2
Brown
Bruce
Cameron
Patton
Anyone I missed?

Not very inspiring outside of Cameron and even he came off a putrid season.

Relying on the FA crop to find a player to take over from Jack is going to be extremely difficult, not to mention any decent key forward that makes it through to free agency is going to have three quarters of the league making offers, offers most likely heavily over what we could offer.

Best bet is draft imo (unless BKing wants to come home from our feeder team, then you sell the farm 😁)

If we go mids with our 2 x 1st picks then we have a KPF in our sights as a free agent, Which would make sense if we dont rate them as top quality

2 x Elite mids
1 x Harry Himmelberg (2022) Free agent
1 x Sam Taylor (2022) Trade

The Tiger train keeps Rolling

Getting a young gun tall forward out of any club will be like pulling teeth as well as being super expensive. Most, like Balta, are signed up pretty early because any sign of potential you have to lock it away quick smart. The two I’d be interested in are Allen (was hoping we’d pick him in the draft 😕) and Mitch Georgiades who Port have already re-signed until 2023. Better believe the Swans (McDonald), Suns (BKing) & Saints (MKing) will hold on them with everything they have, the players will probably be able to write their own check because decent key forwards are so hard to find.

We’ve actually be pretty lucky with Richo and Jack (both drafted) and we have also been massively kissed on the dick when Lynch nominated us because most of the other forwards that have moved clubs recently, whether FA or trade, have been genuinely complete sh*t.

Hogan x2
Brown
Bruce
Cameron
Patton
Anyone I missed?

Not very inspiring outside of Cameron and even he came off a putrid season.

Relying on the FA crop to find a player to take over from Jack is going to be extremely difficult, not to mention any decent key forward that makes it through to free agency is going to have three quarters of the league making offers, offers most likely heavily over what we could offer.

Best bet is draft imo (unless BKing wants to come home from our feeder team, then you sell the farm 😁)
Understand what your saying but on the other side of the coin how many Kp's succeed outside say top 10? Which i hope in our case what we face every year.
And yes being in the top 10 doesn"t mean your going to be an automatic star but i think thats more about application and the mental side of things ala Hogan & Boyd.
I'm hoping CJ kicks on this year and turns out to be an adequate replacement for Jack.If so then we can turn our attention to the key back role to replace Astbury via FA which in a general rule defenders come alot cheaper.Although there is a certain kid at our development side up north who rarely gets a mention on here but is as equal if not better than the king bros that would be and awesome get and would add to our long list of jacks who played with us.;)
He's actually one KP i'd nearly sell the farm in getting.

Thats a little over the top isn't it? He is going to walk because in round 4 he didn't get a call up?

tbh Ross only has himself to blame for not getting a game. Has not really impressed me yet, looked awful across HB when they tried to find him a spot due to our midfield being stacked. Disposal is still ordinary. He might well come good, but atm he hasn't done much to impress me beyond his earliest games. Even in round 1 when he came on as a sub - his first kick was a very ordinary unforced T.O from memory. He really needs to perform before he thinks he deserves a spot.

Fair enough but we have put three years development into him and I feel he is ready to go as an inside mid based on increased running capacity. I would like to see him get a run of a few games as an inside mid while Prestia is out to see if he is up to it or not. Also fair enough from his side of the equation to look to a North Melbourne or other battler to play at the top level given his VFL form has been good but he is trying to break into a triple premiership team.

If we go mids with our 2 x 1st picks then we have a KPF in our sights as a free agent, Which would make sense if we dont rate them as top quality

2 x Elite mids

I agree I would like to see us go after some top end mids with our picks this year. Could also go for a KPF to develop until Jack retires.

2 x Elite mids

Would love Sam Taylor, rate him highly

Fair enough but we have put three years development into him and I feel he is ready to go as an inside mid based on increased running capacity. I would like to see him get a run of a few games as an inside mid while Prestia is out to see if he is up to it or not. Also fair enough from his side of the equation to look to a North Melbourne or other battler to play at the top level given his VFL form has been good but he is trying to break into a triple premiership team.

dont disagree with that - i think its time for a lot of our kids to start be given the game time to develop. I think the list is at a tipping point with the older blokes and the likes of Houli, Astbury, Cotchin, Prestia, Riewoldt, Sheeds. - its reasonable to think we will start seeing a noticeable dip in their output and ability to stay on the park. These younger players though do also start needing to take their chances a bit more aggressively. Its felt like a while since we saw a young player "burst" into the fold & command a spot. Higgo and Stack were probably the closest we have had to that and neither of them were able to sustain it

2 x Elite mids

Harry is a free agent end of 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand what your saying but on the other side of the coin how many Kp's succeed outside say top 10? Which i hope in our case what we face every year.
And yes being in the top 10 doesn"t mean your going to be an automatic star but i think thats more about application and the mental side of things ala Hogan & Boyd.
I'm hoping CJ kicks on this year and turns out to be an adequate replacement for Jack.If so then we can turn our attention to the key back role to replace Astbury via FA which in a general rule defenders come alot cheaper.Although there is a certain kid at our development side up north who rarely gets a mention on here but is as equal if not better than the king bros that would be and awesome get and would add to our long list of jacks who played with us.;)
But has this guy actually played on anyone??
Has beautiful skills
But never seen him play one on one,,,if he does leave it will be back home anyway

Dimma press conference today
Dimma mentions that he is in favour for a loan system for clubs

Eg: Gold Coast currently have all 3 of their listed rucks out for long term injury and would be able to loan Ryan off us

Similar systems are used in a lot of codes and could be really great for Development

Hardwick previews Port Adelaide
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...adelaide?videoId=899147&modal=true&type=video

I'm sorry but who is this player from up north? I'm not quite catching on...

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But has this guy actually played on anyone??
Has beautiful skills
But never seen him play one on one,,,if he does leave it will be back home anyway
Best footskills i've seen from a KP in a long time.
Has he played on anyone?I think the suns are playing him on the wing.
Why is it a given players go back to their home state?

Best footskills i've seen from a KP in a long time.
Has he played on anyone?I think the suns are playing him on the wing.
Why is it a given players go back to their home state?
Its not a given,,i think he will
Go back home if he goes at all

“Trust me, Richmond did not want to play us in that Grand Final and they would’ve been giving high fives after GWS got in there. Collingwood really break down their game and defend really well on them and they really worry about Mason Cox and Brody Mihocek and they would’ve been going ‘GWS just handed us the flag’.”

“Trust me, Richmond did not want to play us in that Grand Final and they would’ve been giving high fives after GWS got in there. Collingwood really break down their game and defend really well on them and they really worry about Mason Cox and Brody Mihocek and they would’ve been going ‘GWS just handed us the flag’.”

Mihocek and texas way more scary than cameron HH finlayson toby etc...

did cox say that? he's the kind of arrogant prick that would talk about himself in 3rd person and also say that about another club.

had collingwood got there, it would have only been a 60 point drubbing. No-one was beating us that day the way we played, only inaccuracy stopped us winning the game by quarter time.

Bitch please would of been the same result,both teams were cooked physically after their game
We would have run all over them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back