List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Playing in a poor side up forward is not going to help his cause .His ruck work leaves a lot too be desired. He looks like he's just a step up from Adam Pattison .If he doesn't mark it he's useless on the ground .We've put 4 years into a early 20 pick that doesn't look like anywhere close to AFL .
whats a realistic trade look like with GWS and CCJ cant imagine getting a first rounder

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Boyd was a generational talent too. Imagine he doesn't come on as expected.
Tom Boyd was a generational player. Dogs would not have won their only flag in 60 years without him. Best investment they've made.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
I
Tom Boyd was a generational player. Dogs would not have won their only flag in 60 years without him. Best investment they've made.
If daicos is as good he could lead pies to their next grand final loss

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree - they don't win that GF without Boyd. Ask any club and they will happily pay a lot more than $3million for a Premiership.
Carlton
1620025440912.png

Loyal tiger

Senior List
May 27, 2009
Qld
AFL Club
Richmond
Unless we can land a bona fide match winner, stay away from free agency... Use the drafts picks wisely.

Great succession planning by the Tigers for the midfield - Meatball mentoring Graham, Cotch mentoring RCD, Dow looks to be a likely sort and Bolton is already a star.

I'd try and lock in a KPB to replace Astbury/Grimes as they're hitting 30 or a KPF to replace Jack for when they retire. But gee they all know their roles so well, big call to either move on or replace...

When we play like the second half Friday night against the doggies, it's hard to pick anyone firstly we'd want to move on and secondly that we don't have a potential replacement for apart from KPF and KPB...

But... smarter people than me run the RFC and thank god for that!!

Unless we can land a bona fide match winner, stay away from free agency... Use the drafts picks wisely.

Great succession planning by the Tigers for the midfield - Meatball mentoring Graham, Cotch mentoring RCD, Dow looks to be a likely sort and Bolton is already a star.

I'd try and lock in a KPB to replace Astbury/Grimes as they're hitting 30 or a KPF to replace Jack for when they retire. But gee they all know their roles so well, big call to either move on or replace...

When we play like the second half Friday night against the doggies, it's hard to pick anyone firstly we'd want to move on and secondly that we don't have a potential replacement for apart from KPF and KPB...

But... smarter people than me run the RFC and thank god for that!!
i agree. Thank god for that.

Funky Chicken

Colourful Racing Identity
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Don't be stupid
To be fair the kid is an absolute jet. They will use some picks next year to get into this draft further and have a generational talent from the looks of things. Imagine if they didn’t have Daicos coming.

They've been kissed on the dick with FS selections in recent years - the Daicos brothers and Moore. I'm not including the Brown brothers as they look a bit spuddish.

Last edited:
They've been kissed on the dick with FS selections in recent years - the Daicos brothers and Moore. I'm not including the Brown brothers as they look a bit spudish.
They make a decent wine but

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
If he has anything to do with it he ll sign daicos 5y on 600k , 3mth after he joins

Nick Daicos as the No. 1 pick of 2022 and their bunch of six kids taken within pick 44 can’t be enough.

The Pies need to, at the least, find enough draft points so they don’t go into draft deficit matching a bid for Daicos, and ideally find more points to take another pick or two.

Right now trading out the future fourth-round pick is right in theory but in execution has seen them hand over the current No. 2 pick (2517 points) for just over 1400 points (picks 24, 30 and a future fourth-rounder).

Former Carlton supporter Daicos hasn’t even declared himself as a Pies father-son and will be happy to be interviewed by rival clubs to go through the process before he makes his decision

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably unrealistic. What pick did 2 metre Peter fetch?
I think it was for a future 4th round pick from the bombers to GC
A lot of that was due to his big salary though, Dons got him for cheap but had to pick up the whole tab
I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't try to get him, I called for it a number of times during the trade period, but plenty here thought he was a dud

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
A lot of that was due to his big salary though, Dons got him for cheap but had to pick up the whole tab
I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't try to get him, I called for it a number of times during the trade period, but plenty here thought he was a dud

But like you say we’d need to pick up the salary for a guy who would have been a back up.

Don’t get me wrong I would have been happy to get him, I’ve always been a fan.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
But like you say we’d need to pick up the salary for a guy who would have been a back up.

Don’t get me wrong I would have been happy to get him, I’ve always been a fan.
Yep, could have made it tough. He had two years left at $500k per year at the time of the trade, Dons extended him for another year so likely spread that out over the longer term at closer to $350k.
I'm sure we could have done it, I imagine that it would have resulted in us definitely losing CCJ though, who we already can't fit into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back