List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which way ? I would happily pay that for Cripps as a free agent
He is the exact type of player we are missing on the inside

I’m in the camp where I think he is cooked. Watch his efforts he just doesn’t back up. I reckon if he isn’t cooked yet then he will be very soon. Overrated camp for mine.

Never write off a champion 26 year old

Thats just it though I don’t think he is a champion. A beast clearance player who turns it over and is a poor runner. No doubting we need a clearance player but for the spend he isn’t it. Plus he won’t leave and if he does it’s home to WA you would think.

In which way ? I would happily pay that for Cripps as a free agent
He is the exact type of player we are missing on the inside

I have never been a huge fan to be honest. Doesn’t tend to do loads of damage with his disposals, can struggle to really cover ground and doesn’t seem to be able to cope in a key forward position with a key defender on him, so he is not versatile.

Seen him have some great purple patches but he seems to struggle with attention, and doesn’t appeal as a system based type. He built his reputation by being the guy who just went after the footy(and did it decently well) in a weak team where the opposition wasn’t often concerned enough to do much about it.

I’m not saying he can’t play but not a marquee wage type for mine. I hate mids who get the ball a lot but often do more damage to their own team than their opponent with their disposal by foot - think Treloar, Dramafield, Shiel, Fyfe, Cripps. I am not paying marquee wages to any of that type of player. They kill weak opponents then lose you big games, and they don’t take well to having their roles diminished either just to frank their standing as success killers.

I don’t know what these guys are actually worth, but for mine, a massive avoid at the trade table.

Last edited:
Some bloke called up sen earlier and said he was taking to a relative of cripps who reckons cotchin will retire at seasons end and cripps will come to Richmond for $800k a year :p
Never trade with Carlton, we all know how it ended last time!

Cripps has been crucified by that mob. If we can get him I have a feeling we can restore him good and proper after first giving him a break. He would be icing on the cake people saying he isn't a champion well what can I say.
When Cotch comes back and does another hammy this season well he will call it quits as it will be his third for the season and he won't be coming back from that. We still have a group capable of another 4 5 years of dominance why not enhance it.

why take on another clubs issues by recruiting Cripps,naaah,got bent over by them on the Yarran deal,f***k helping them out,the games going past Cripps
quite rapidly anyway,hes a buyer beware if ive ever seen one.I was thinking Dunkley b4 his latest hiccup(falling in love with Treloar)so i dont see that happening be wiser to get onto n up n coming Suns or Swans mid whilst developing our own
Ilove whats developing @ the blooz,paying big coin for hacks and now they have a developing KPF in McKay out of contract who can actually play :p
but there'll be nothing but scraps left after paying Cripps,Williams,Saad,McGovern.Weitering & Walsh ....ahh someone has to go

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Egg will be desisted. Every chance chol is too. Just isn't in the contest enough.

Caddy if he stays needs a significant pay cut. Looks like he's depth for us or he'll be at his 4th club
Miller, Garth, Naish, DES, Chol & Caddy all on thin ice. The only one with any chance of surviving is Chol if we are worried about Soldo returning from the knee or CCJ is traded. Ross and Martyn both need to show something also but should be safe

Egg will be desisted. Every chance chol is too. Just isn't in the contest enough.

Caddy if he stays needs a significant pay cut. Looks like he's depth for us or he'll be at his 4th club
Caddy is contracted for next season, why would he take a pay cut? If he's not in dimmas plans then we may as well trade him and get another club to pick up his tab

Miller, Garth, Naish, DES, Chol & Caddy all on thin ice. The only one with any chance of surviving is Chol if we are worried about Soldo returning from the knee or CCJ is traded. Ross and Martyn both need to show something also but should be safe

I thought Naish was alright when he come on on the weekend

They will mostly be cleaned out at seasons end with a strong draft hand to replace them. The primary need is KPP draftees which can incubate whilst Grimes, Riewoldt, and Astbury have 1-2 year left max with no clear replacements that have proven anything. This year we should go hard for an ELITE mid free agent only. Cripps, or maybe Merrett. Has to be A grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back