List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of clubs will be eyeing off their first rounder. West Coast have later picks comparable to ours
Currently have 29, 36, 49, 65 - 1532 compared to our picks 28 40 & 44 - 1468 or 26 40 & 44 - 1520 points
West Coast won’t trade all those picks to get 1 first round pick. They will need to take more then 1 pick in the draft.

West Coast won’t trade all those picks to get 1 first round pick. They will need to take more then 1 pick in the draft.
They will get picks for Brander also. My point is it won't be easy to do a trade with WB for their first round pick with all the interest.

Watching Melbourne tonight highlights our need to just hit the draft, we built our dynasty going through the draft then added players like nank, Prestia, caddy and lynch later for needs. Melbourne have done exactly the same then added guys like may, lever, Langdon to address their deficiencies. Can see the dees being dominant for next 2-3 now. I know they haven’t even won a flag yet, but boy are they set

I just can't bring myself to like them... Got all the help in the world from the AFL when they were a steaming pile of poo... Here have the best coach in the country, take some draft picks, and we'll run your board too...

Our success was our success... we got no help and shafted in the draft during the GC and GWS starting years... and then the rules changes to stifle our successful game style..

this is the AFL's success... which shits me...

After watching last night.Settled now.
I'm all for going too the draft.
Only trades i'd do is pick upgrade related.
The way i see it.
We could end up with 4 first rnd picks(7,16),17*dogs) and maybe another pending on CJ.(pick 13 would be nice)
4 kids plus Tom Green next year if the rumour is correct.
Nice springboard.
Now compare that to Geelong.

Speed out of the middle I think we already have the potential there, Bolton and RCD are both very dynamic out of the centre.
Yep. Was clear last night that a shallow, old, slow midfield getting belted by a bigger, faster, deeper midfield was the key to the game. RCD I could see growing into an Oliver style mid if he can build his tank. We need to load up on quality mids. The thing is, Oliver and Trac were drafted in 2014. So we need to be patient, and not expect a couple of good kids to make the difference in the next couple of years.

It also gives me comfort that if we can have a better injury run next year with our experienced mids that we can bounce to a fair degree. Not sure we'll be a premiership threat considering the younger, emerging teams, but certainly in that 4 - 8 range.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Yep. Was clear last night that a shallow, old, slow midfield getting belted by a bigger, faster, deeper midfield was the key to the game. RCD I could see growing into an Oliver style mid if he can build his tank. We need to load up on quality mids. The thing is, Oliver and Trac were drafted in 2014. So we need to be patient, and not expect a couple of good kids to make the difference in the next couple of years.

It also gives me comfort that if we can have a better injury run next year with our experienced mids that we can bounce to a fair degree. Not sure we'll be a premiership threat considering the younger, emerging teams, but certainly in that 4 - 8 range.

Jackson and pickett have become guns in their
second year, we might get lucky and they can
Develop quickly.

I just can't bring myself to like them... Got all the help in the world from the AFL when they were a steaming pile of poo... Here have the best coach in the country, take some draft picks, and we'll run your board too...

Our success was our success... we got no help and shafted in the draft during the GC and GWS starting years... and then the rules changes to stifle our successful game style..

this is the AFL's success... which shits me...

hey I’m not a big fan of them either but they’re clearly the team to beat imo going forward. I don’t recall the help the afl gave them, did they hand them roos and give them extra draft picks just because? Not being a smart ass, just generally wanna know

hey I’m not a big fan of them either but they’re clearly the team to beat imo going forward. I don’t recall the help the afl gave them, did they hand them roos and give them extra draft picks just because? Not being a smart ass, just generally wanna know
Their fine for tanking was essentially the AFL paying Jackson to run the club. Absolute joke of a competition. Goodwin balls deep in the ess drug scandal. Zero repercussions.

why, just because Geelong got belted by Melbourne does not mean many teams below them are that much chop yet either.

Melbourne could have belted the Lions, Swans or others as well possibly. They look strong but a few things went their way to.

Would Geelong trade out and go straight to the spoon as a strategy? Probably not
That’s right b2b flags are as rare as rocking horse s**t , you need plenty to go right and beware a side coming from 3rd and ambushing a flag , like I’ve never seen that before . They got a good depth of talent , not sure they have a triple Coleman FF or 5 x AA FB or a GOAT in the middle nonetheless they got enough ability to win it this year , I been on them for a while and the omen of 1964 Olympic Tokyo year is the sealer , they can’t lose

I think we’ve got one more year at a legitimate crack with the current group players. My reasoning is that players
Like Stack, RCD, Ross, Dow, CJ have been in the system long enough now that they’re bodies have developed and matured after 3-4-5 preseasons. I should also include players like Bolton, Graham, Balta, Baker, Rioli who are all still relatively young and just entering their peak years. I wouldn’t write us off yet, but once Jack, Edwards and Cotch move on at the end of next year we’ll experience a dip, how big depends on how the young guys come on.

Also if we continue hitting the draft ie getting another solid group of 4-5 picks in the top 30-40, they have a few years to develop before the next wave of stars retire (Grimes, Lambert, Dusty)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back