List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green could well win the rising star this year. I think he's shown plenty. He is big and strong and quick and a good kick and is hard at it. Cerra does some nice things but he's no game changer.
Reid will win it. Gilligan will be looking to keep the Druggies onside after they were Dank'd by him previously.

Yep, he has got a serious case of the yips in front of goal this year. Do you think we would be better at the moment if he was in the team instead of George?

We are forgetting that he wanted to go. I am happy for Tigers to move on guys who don't want to be at the club. Provided we push hard for reasonable compensation.

We are forgetting that he wanted to go. I am happy for Tigers to move on guys who don't want to be at the club. Provided we push hard for reasonable compensation.
I don't think we got reasonable compo. We basically burnt 50 games experience that another player could have had and used a first round pick to draft him and basically only got a second round pick back

FWIW key stats this round of our alleged draft targets:-

Dunstan 29 disposals (65%), 6 Marks, 3 Tackles.
Narkle 26 disposals (88%), 9 Marks, 0 Tackles.
Cerra 19 Disposals (61%), 5 Marks, 3 Tackles.
Green (HT) 9 Disposals (44%), 1 Mark, 3 Tackles.
I so hope we were knocking on Dunstan's door for at least a year now, and the size of te contract the Saints gave Higgins will give them no room to keep Luke

I don't think we got reasonable compo. We basically burnt 50 games experience that another player could have had and used a first round pick to draft him and basically only got a second round pick back

Using a first round pick to draft him is on us.... we used pick 4 on Tambling once. Subsequent trades are based on their output after being drafted. He wasn't worth a first rounder when we traded him. He wasn't getting a game for a start. If we had Dedoro, we could ask for a first. Agree we burnt 50 games but that happens. We also got reasonable service from those 50 games. We are yet to see what those replacement picks get us.

Just in relation to CCJ and Chol and who gets traded - what are everyones thoughts that Dusty is the man to take over from Jack in a couple of years up forward? He is quick, dangerous and at about 33 could be the time for a good 6 or 7 years in front of goal. It would mean that we let CCJ go now for a draft pick and use that pick on a midfielder who we would need firing in a couple of years (Jack is still so threatening!) Thoughts!?

Just in relation to CCJ and Chol and who gets traded - what are everyones thoughts that Dusty is the man to take over from Jack in a couple of years up forward? He is quick, dangerous and at about 33 could be the time for a good 6 or 7 years in front of goal. It would mean that we let CCJ go now for a draft pick and use that pick on a midfielder who we would need firing in a couple of years (Jack is still so threatening!) Thoughts!?
dusty is not tall, nor can he jump or take overhead marks particularly well. he rarely if ever takes marks on the lead, even when on smaller opponents. he holds ground and muscles them under the ball. would get demolished playing as a KPP.

Think Dusty is already playing forward and current injury withstanding could play deep forward until he is Jack's age now
IF jr8 is only playing one more year then we would be crazy to let go of a 21 KPF

Last edited:
Big Nose : Say that once more - I'll smash your bloody face in! Stan : Better keep listening; might be a bit about 'Blessed are the Big Noses'. Brian : Lay off him!
"Oh, you're not so bad yourself, Conkface. Where are you two from? Nose City?"

"One more time, mate; I'll take you to the *in' cleaners!"

"Language! And don't pick your nose."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was fair. We took him early in the draft knowing his deficiencies Thinking we could develop him into what we needed him to be. I don’t see his set shot goal kicking improving any time soon. It’s a joke.

He’ll end up playing more time forward than mid that’s for certain but I think we’ll look to replace JR with another tall.

I can imagine Dusty covering a lot more ground in the forward half when that happens than he currently does when playing mainly midfield.

He doesn’t have a great tank but as a semi permanent forward you could see him being very effective around the 50m arc and beyond with his long boot and ability to break tackles.

Think you’re right about bringing in midfield talent. It’s a priority and allegedly a shallow draft for quality talls. Could be the year we look at building a midfield for the future

dusty is not tall, nor can he jump or take overhead marks particularly well. he rarely if ever takes marks on the lead, even when on smaller opponents. he holds ground and muscles them under the ball. would get demolished playing as a KPP.
Happy to take bets that he is good for 40+ goals if played as a “key” forward, if that circumstance ever plays out. Traditional key backs would not want to be on him so the match ups he would get would be different. I’d back his lead up game to improve rapidly also, if he spent a preseason training for a permanent forward role

Last edited:
The media has been reporting that the trade period will be a disappointment due to tight Salary caps

Which is a double edged sword.

Teams like the Pies and Giants have to move people on. Too many overpaid players.

If we have a little room we might just be able to pick up some quality cheap - cause we're about the only buyer.

It's the difference between managing the short, medium and long term well, and doing it poorly.

Those talking about Higgins... I have heard stories he was not well liked by the group, really annoying was the theme...

Again, take it with a grain of salt as rumour, as it tends to only come out after they leave...

So I watched our post match gestures against the saints... Picture painted 1000 words...

Only 2 players offered anything more than a handshake to Higgins, Bachar, who would chat with a bloke who just punched him in the face, and CCJ had a chat... the rest gave him NOTHING!!! In comparison to Butler who many had a chat with after the match... That and the moment in the match where Broady looked like he wanted to punch his lights out!

I was at club function when Higgo was still at the Tiges, and the players said he is exactly like what you see. They were sort of equivocal about him. Liked him, but there was something else - annoyed, didn't fit, something.

So I'll take it that he was at best annoying, at worst someone you might sort of like, but would be happy punching.

I was at club function when Higgo was still at the Tiges, and the players said he is exactly like what you see. They were sort of equivocal about him. Liked him, but there was something else - annoyed, didn't fit, something.

So I'll take it that he was at best annoying, at worst someone you might sort of like, but would be happy punching.
I steer clear of fingering players when they leave, notably he’s the first contracted player we’ve released for some time

Last edited:

Probably reading too much into this but I’ve noticed that hardly any of our players went to him after the game (you often see animated conversations post game between ex teammates). JR shook his hand but barely looked at him, to me it was plainly obvious that there was no love

Probably reading too much into this but I’ve noticed that hardly any of our players went to him after the game (you often see animated conversations post game between ex teammates). JR shook his hand but barely looked at him, to me it was plainly obvious that there was no love

Yeah. He obviously wasn't loved. But disliked might be to hard. Anyway, he's gone to the Aints and that's his decision. Shows who he is really.

Yeah. He obviously wasn't loved. But disliked might be to hard. Anyway, he's gone to the Aints and that's his decision. Shows who he is really.

You know who was loved though?

Alex Rance.

Time to get the band back together for one last run before Cotchin retires. 2022. Fixes our backline immediately, re-aligns the clubs culture immediately - i'm talking it into existence. Even at 32 with 3 years out of the game, Rance is the best available option we have to fix our backline.

Anyone who thinks if he did come back it would be only for "1 more year would be kidding themselves. Only 32 come round 1 & hasn't got any game wear at all for 3 years. Dustin Fletcher played till he was 40. SOS & Lake played till he was 34. Neither of them were as physically elite as Rance is & none of them had 3 year break in the middle of their career. Thinkg about it, is there any reason talent of body wise why Alex couldn't be like a Dustin Fletcher ? And if so, Rance turns 40 in Oct 2029. Rance could still has enough time to be a 300 gamer for the club

Everybody now take a knee and pray with me for this to happen.....

Alex Rance.

Time to get the band back together for one last run before Cotchin retires. 2022. Fixes our backline immediately, re-aligns the clubs culture immediately - i'm talking it into existence. Even at 32 with 3 years out of the game, Rance is the best available option we have to fix our backline.

Anyone who thinks if he did come back it would be only for "1 more year would be kidding themselves. Only 32 come round 1 & hasn't got any game wear at all for 3 years. Dustin Fletcher played till he was 40. SOS & Lake played till he was 34. Neither of them were as physically elite as Rance is & none of them had 3 year break in the middle of their career. Thinkg about it, is there any reason talent of body wise why Alex couldn't be like a Dustin Fletcher ? And if so, Rance turns 40 in Oct 2029. Rance could still has enough time to be a 300 gamer for the club

Rookie list, minimum chips. Worse things you could try, if he still has fitness. Who knows.

Alex Rance.

comebacks following a prolonged period on the sidelines NEVER work , maintain your legacy and do NOT dare attempt it
Bjorn borg
Mike tyson
Gary Ablett
Tony Lockett
Kingston town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back