List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is definitely more interesting than the last 50 pages of Cerra Cerra Cerra CERRA CERRA CERRA CERRA. Did I spell that correctly lol
Spelling it correctly isn't the problem, there are still media flogs calling him Adam "Sarah" lol

Like "Shy" Bolton.

Last edited:
Hearing from a good source that Daniel Howe from Hawthorn wants out & has nominated the Tigers as his preferred option. Can play off half back on the midfield. Late 3rd rounder will get it done. Thoughts?

Hearing from a good source that Daniel Howe from Hawthorn wants out & has nominated the Tigers as his preferred option. Can play off half back on the midfield. Late 3rd rounder will get it done. Thoughts?
Heard this a few weeks ago and had my doubts then. He does a few nice things but geez he butchers the ball. Turnovers are why he keeps getting sent back to the twos (which is why he'd be looking for an out I suspect).

Of course he nominated Richmond. Why wouldn't he nominate the AFL's No1 destination club ?

But since when are we in the market for clanger merchants we could get for a late third rounder ?!? If it wasn't for a dozen injuries we couldn't even get games into the talented kids we already have. He wouldn't get a senior game next year if we were 90% fit imo.

Yes we have gaps in our 22-27 yo bracket but does he have any improvement in him ? I think he's reached his ceiling and it's a ways off what we'd be looking for, hard two way runners who sacrifice their own game for the team. Just can't see it.

Daniel Howe??? Are we back in 2009 model of thinkingHislop, Adam Thomson & Mitch Farmer are going to fix our problems??

Has some good traits but butchers the ball and takes too long to make a decision. No thanks.
Surely he would only be considered if we were after a stopper.

comebacks following a prolonged period on the sidelines NEVER work , maintain your legacy and do NOT dare attempt it
Bjorn borg
Mike tyson
Gary Ablett
Tony Lockett
Kingston town

Muhammad Ali says hello

Howe will be delisted. No thanks

Has some good traits but butchers the ball and takes too long to make a decision. No thanks.
Surely he would only be considered if we were after a stopper.
Not suited to hornforn’s give to Mitchell at all cost game plan .
Has a lot of similarities to McIntosh , simplify the role and we might get a similar player .

Last edited:
Muhammad Ali says hello
Yep. His comeback dwarfs all others. Three years out of the ring IN HIS PRIME. Comes back, loses a classic to Joe Frazier, then systematically takes out every other contender (including Frazier) on his way to knocking out the seemingly indestructible George Foreman for the title.

Yep. His comeback dwarfs all others. Three years out of the ring IN HIS PRIME. Comes back, loses a classic to Joe Frazier, then systematically takes out every other contender (including Frazier) on his way to knocking out the seemingly indestructible George Foreman for the title.
Serena Williams has been doing it for the past three years and failed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond has draft picks and been linked to Cerra - Mitchell and every player in between.

Gone are the days when Richmond trades a 1st round draft pick for Craig Biddiscombe.

There is no way Richmond would trade 2 x 1st round draft picks for a player.

How do you pronounce Sera or Cerra? :think::think::think:

Yep and he said that Howe wanted to get to us, not that we were keen on him.

With how tight our list is for spots, I doubt we find room for him.
There will always be money when you factor in contract amendments, retirements and delistings.

It is just how you manage them, so you don't end up in the same situation as Collingwood, not overpaying players helps as well!

There will always be money when you factor in contract amendments, retirements and delistings.

It is just how you manage them, so you don't end up in the same situation as Collingwood, not overpaying players helps as well!
It's not money that's the issue with a player like Howe. It's that I think we'll struggle to find enough list spots for the draft/trades/rookie elevations as it is without bringing in a fringe Hawthorn player who would be very much a moneyball pickup.

We've currently got four picks in the first two rounds, plus Stack and Pickett who have to be elevated this year (third year rookies). That's six spots we need to find already.

It's not money that's the issue with a player like Howe. It's that I think we'll struggle to find enough list spots for the draft/trades/rookie elevations as it is without bringing in a fringe Hawthorn player who would be very much a moneyball pickup.

We've currently got four picks in the first two rounds, plus Stack and Pickett who have to be elevated this year (third year rookies). That's six spots we need to find already.
with possible retirements and trades though we might be right. Say houli and astbury retired, mcintosh goes via FA and caddy, chol or ccj are traded thats 5-6 spots without delistings. I doubt we use all 4 picks. probably trade some up to get higher ones

Should we trade for Will Day?

Hawks are 8 years away at least, they probably value draft picks more in terms of their window

Should we trade for Will Day?

Hawks are 8 years away at least, they probably value draft picks more in terms of their window
4th rounder and Garthwaite would get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back