List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. This is all based on him being a Richmond supporter as a kid & his grandpa played for us from what i can see. We did the same thing with Dom Tyson for years before we realised he was just sh*t.

No reports of him actually considering leaving & even less reason to believe GWS would let him. He is likely to win the rising star this year. - any trade for him will be multiple first rounders

I am inclined to just go to the draft. If we do that people need to be prepared for the reality that we are more likely to finish bottom 5 than top 5 tho
About most sense youve made, zero chance he comes to us before FA. If it turns out we just invest our picks , no problem

Not at all. This is all based on him being a Richmond supporter as a kid & his grandpa played for us from what i can see. We did the same thing with Dom Tyson for years before we realised he was just sh*t.

No reports of him actually considering leaving & even less reason to believe GWS would let him. He is likely to win the rising star this year. - any trade for him will be multiple first rounders

I am inclined to just go to the draft. If we do that people need to be prepared for the reality that we are more likely to finish bottom 5 than top 5 tho
From what you can see? Lol. Michael Green was the reason we won the 1969 flag. His finals series was superb. He also was a valuable contributor to the 1973 and 1974 flag campaigns. He is a life member and a legend of the club. He was also a successful solicitor.

From what you can see? Lol. Michael Green was the reason we won the 1969 flag. His finals series was superb. He also was a valuable contributor to the 1973 and 1974 flag campaigns. He is a life member and a legend of the club. He was also a successful solicitor.

I know who he is put you clearly don't understand what i wrote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of people on this forum have slagged off Narkle whenever he's been mentioned as a trade target. Wondering if today changed their opinion? He showed up our whole on ball brigade in 34% game time. I hope we have been into him and Shai's been in his ear.

He played the second half though where the pressure went out of the game completely. I would say our midfield at worst broke even with Geelong from the time he came on the ground.

I dont mind Narkle, have watched his games closely since we were linked to him, but Bolton is better than him, loading up with players like that will make us box office no doubt and have some amazing nights. But we will get obliterated by the top teams and it takes us far away from the team we were.

He played the second half though where the pressure went out of the game completely. I would say our midfield at worst broke even with Geelong from the time he came on the ground.

I dont mind Narkle, have watched his games closely since we were linked to him, but Bolton is better than him, loading up with players like that will make us box office no doubt and have some amazing nights. But we will get obliterated by the top teams and it takes us far away from the team we were.
Bolton is way better than Narkle. Big difference being that Freo will have to give up 2 first rounders and pay Bolton $800 grand to poach him. We can give up a 3rd rounder and pay him $250 / $300 grand to steal him.

Michael Walters turns 31 in January.
All Australian in 2019 doesn't get along with the coach .Our environment with the indigenous boys would be enticing.
Not sure what he would cost in picks and $ .Would be a huge upgrade on all our small forwards and is a sweet left footer .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cerra for a r1 is a good start , we need to add class and then focus on a draft haul . Crouch wouldn’t be last player we look at
Would you guys be interested in taranto, if so what would you offer?. Would you offer as much trade wise as you would for tom green?
Would you do taranto for your best 2nd round pick this year and 2022rd1?

Going to be such an interesting off season for us.

This is what I’d like to see:
Bring in a ball winning free agent that we can afford. One of Dunstan, Matt Crouch or Mitch Wallis. We get smashed in contested ball every week and we need to try and address this.

Trade Gold Coasts third for Narkle.

If Cerra nominates us then we have chased him hard and I’d back our recruiters, trade our first and second for Cerra with a third coming back (if we think we would get him for anything less we are probably kidding ourselves as we would expect that in return if the shoe was on the other foot.

If he doesn’t nominate us then keep the picks.

Trade CJ for Gold Coasts pick 19. (We aren’t getting pick 5)

Trade later picks ( St Kildas second, our third and the third we get off Freo) for Bulldogs first rounder. (This is dependent on whether the bulldogs need to or not as they might just get their points through trading off fringe players for draft picks)

This would give us much needed improvement in the midfield and we would still go to the draft with 2 late first rounders (Geelong and Bulldogs) and Gold Coasts pick 19.

on top of this we need to trade out Caddy to get rid of his salary. No point having his money running around in the VFL.
Keep
Bolton, Rioli, Chol and Mcintosh.

i think this would be a successful off season that would improve our midfield and still have a solid draft hand to refresh our list. Might be wishful thinking but I expect us to be very active after a few years of not needing to be.

Selwood is the one keeping him out of the side.

Can take cotchins spot in the middle.
Cotchin our highest clearance player yet again from 69% game time .
It’s sad given the impact he has had on games in the past but he is still well inside our best 10 every week .
He is just judged more harshly due to comparison to his past best .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back