List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Tom Green’s form is making it near impossible to get any sort of deal done while under contract. When he was dropped a few weeks ago I thought ok that could work in our favour. GWS have multiple young inside bulls if we offer a combination of player/s picks maybe we can get it done.
But not only is he a gun but a future leader. Exactly the type we need Now. And exactly the type GWS will be desperate to keep

Would you guys be interested in taranto, if so what would you offer?. Would you offer as much trade wise as you would for tom green?
Would you do taranto for your best 2nd round pick this year and 2022rd1?
I mentioned a couple of times that I have heard from a pretty reliable source that Taranto intended on returning to a Melbourne based club and had some discussions with us about 12 months ago
Would be a good fit for us imo and might be the one that gets squeezed out if you guys keep Kelly and back in Hopper and Green for the long term

We need all of Cerra, Green and Narkle. Our midfield is cooked.
Would love all 3 but at the cost in terms of draft picks ideally I would like to see one of the bigger names and Narkle

Would love to also hit the top end of the draft for a decent mid as well

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
With Cerra going to Carlton in the Petrevski Seton trade deal we will concentrate on Green.
I will repeat that Cerra is going to Carlton not coming to us !
Doubt it.
He might as well stay with freo which i think he'll do for another 2yrs.

TigerPaul71

Tiger chef for life
Aug 19, 2020
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
Wallis yes becouse he would cost us a slab
We badly need a clearance machine, Tom Green
Or draft one, cerra is outside , yes he's class
But clearances are a problem now that cotchin
Is at the end and prestia injury prone.
This is defiantly were we have to start.
Need a clearance Machine
Go get one tigers
The game has changed, we might not have needed it before but we do now.
Clearance is king

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Alot of people on this forum have slagged off Narkle whenever he's been mentioned as a trade target. Wondering if today changed their opinion? He showed up our whole on ball brigade in 34% game time. I hope we have been into him and Shai's been in his ear.
Hadn't run around for half a game already would do that.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Would you guys be interested in taranto, if so what would you offer?. Would you offer as much trade wise as you would for tom green?
Would you do taranto for your best 2nd round pick this year and 2022rd1?
Contract.gif

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
With the emergence of Rioli/Stack/Mansell, I’d listen to offers for Jayden Short.

With the emergence of Rioli/Stack/Mansell, I’d listen to offers for Jayden Short.
I like the idea, he definitely would have currency and in few games in the role Rioli absolutely looks like a natural in the role with even the haters conceding that he’s taking it like a duck to water

My only concern would be that one of our biggest issues right now is our use by foot and short is properly one of our better if not best kicks in the side especially for distance

Pomsta

All Australian
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers
Wouldn't mind having a look at George Hewett from Sydney for a 3rd. Been stuck in a tagging role for Sydney and a couple of the young kids have gone past him. Good 2 way runner, can get his own ball and the right age (26 next year). Much prefer him to a Wallis

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
You don’t trade players with special traits. His run and leg breaks lines when in form. Those three don’t have that. Watch last years granny again.
Haven’t seen him break many lines this year. Think he’s been found out a bit.

Anyone watch GWS?

Green > Cerra.

Not even close.

If you can't get both, you go all out for Green as he will be a genuine star whereas Cerra will be a good honest mid.

Problem is, Green doesn’t want out. Cerra does.

Fyfe might be doable with another injury.

Sloane would be handy
Don’t think any of them would be worth it for us
They would cost to much and age means they would only be with us for a handful of seasons

We need to be looking at younger guys

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t think any of them would be worth it for us
They would cost to much and age means they would only be with us for a handful of seasons

We need to be looking at younger guys

Not sure. The window is closing. Beet chance of winning is bringing in an older A grader.

What's the point of younger guys when the best players are gone? Just keep you mid table in no man's land like the tigers so many years prior.

I can see crows or freo doing it cause they are trying rebuild. It would be expensive, yes. It's a risk but you don't win by playing it safe

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Play him in Castagnas spot.

The 3 brothers playing so well down back opens up some options for a re shuffle over pre season. Baker and Short can get forward. That's an upgrade on castagna and aarts. Bring in a midfielder (narkle) for Edwards and our forward line could look completely different.

Not sure. The window is closing. Beet chance of winning is bringing in an older A grader.

What's the point of younger guys when the best players are gone? Just keep you mid table in no man's land like the tigers so many years prior.

I can see crows or freo doing it cause they are trying rebuild. It would be expensive, yes. It's a risk but you don't win by playing it safe
But that would mean selling out our future for the chance at maybe one more
Now is the time to be setting ourselves up for another run in a few years time not trying to jag one more and praying than having to go for a full 10 year rebuild

Fyfe is 30 and Sloane is 31
They aren’t going to make a difference when we have holes all over the ground that need to be addressed

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
But that would mean selling out our future for the chance at maybe one more
Now is the time to be setting ourselves up for another run in a few years time not trying to jag one more and praying than having to go for a full 10 year rebuild

What stage in our future? 7 of the tigers better players are 30 and over. The next level is

Broad. Lynch. Prestia. Lambert. Pickett. Caddy.

It would be nice to win a couple flags, 5 years from now. Not sure how realistic thats going to be

What stage in our future? 7 of the tigers better players are 30 and over. The next level is

Broad. Lynch. Prestia. Lambert. Pickett. Caddy.

It would be nice to win a couple flags, 5 years from now. Not sure how realistic thats going to be
Exactly, so we need to be looking at improving our younger wave with guys in that 20 - 23 age bracket who will be peaking with Bolton, Balta, ect

Lambert and Dusty types will be the old experienced heads and we draft a few and start getting games into them over the next few years to be the X factor/ wild cards

If we top up with 30 year olds now we will be looking like what Hawthron did and selling our future

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Exactly, so we need to be looking at improving our younger wave with guys in that 20 - 23 age bracket who will be peaking with Bolton, Balta, ect

Lambert and Dusty types will be the old experienced heads and we draft a few and start getting games into them over the next few years to be the X factor/ wild cards

If we top up with 30 year olds now we will be looking like what Hawthron did and selling our future

Who is the etc?

Again this will likely lead to several seasons of mid table rather than a realistic shot at the flag.

Which hurts as you don't challenge and don't get premium draft picks

If they club wanted to top up to pinch another 1 or 2 in this window I wouldn't be shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back